The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iphone OS 3.1.3 update is now available through itunes. This is around 280Mb in size and it only fixes bugs. available for iphone and ipod touch.

dang man.. iphone rocks.. just been 3 days since i'm using it.. i'm going nuts.. apps like winterboard, shazam, iBeer and awesome games make daily traveling hell lot of fun.. best phone ever !!!!

desiibond said:
iphone OS 3.1.3 update is now available through itunes. This is around 280Mb in size and it only fixes bugs. available for iphone and ipod touch.

DUde.. ive just updated my phone with 3.1.3 .. and the worrying part is theres no jailbreaking software for it .. my phone is lying dead and showing me for emergency calls .. this surely does piss me off .. any alternatives ..??:mad::huh::no:

Even a 3GS can be unlocked! Thanks to GeoHot and RipDev. I think BlackRa1n and BlackSnow can unlock and jailbreak ANY DEVICE running Apple OS 3.1.2 or lower!

if you have backed up your phone before updating to 3.1.3, then you can restore the firmware and get your data from the backup!

Guys, Need some guidance here

I had gifted my iPhone 2G to mis sis for last 2ys by just unlocking it (no other apps loaded) and she was happy with songs and music and the apple phone features.

As of now its in 2.1.2 or something like that.

Now she wants me to upgrade the phone. I am looking for the below:

• Moving to firmware 3.1.2 (couldn't find anything for 3.1.3)
  • Video recording function (not sure if its possible)
  • lots of free games
  • copy - paste app (got the link from iclarified)
  • SMS fwding- need to know whether this is possible for 2G with links to tutorials:(

Guys, gimme me some guidance here and also let me know if u guys know of any other cool apps and games for the iphone 2G

vercetti said:
Guys, Need some guidance here

I had gifted my iPhone 2G to mis sis for last 2ys by just unlocking it (no other apps loaded) and she was happy with songs and music and the apple phone features.
As of now its in 2.1.2 or something like that.

Now she wants me to upgrade the phone. I am looking for the below:

• Moving to firmware 3.1.2 (couldn't find anything for 3.1.3)
  • Video recording function (not sure if its possible)
  • lots of free games
  • copy - paste app (got the link from iclarified)
  • SMS fwding- need to know whether this is possible for 2G with links to tutorials:(

Guys, gimme me some guidance here and also let me know if u guys know of any other cool apps and games for the iphone 2G

I had updated the iPhone firmware from 1.14 to 3.1.x some time back and found out the following:
  • Moving to firmware 3.1.2 is possible from 1.14 but I lost all of my SMS in the process... Didn't know how to get it back, although there are some methods to backup and restore older SMS. I think that if the firmware is upgraded from 2.x to 3.x then the SMS remains in the phone, but not from 1.14 to 3.x
  • Video recording function not present in iPhone 2G running 3.x
  • Lots of free games/apps can be obtained from Apple's App Market.
  • Copy - Paste funtion is enabled in 3.x and it is amaaazing!!! :eek:hyeah:
  • SMS fwding is very much possible in 3.x (upgraded from 1.x/2.x) and very easy / intuitive

4dh1r said:
I had updated the iPhone firmware from 1.14 to 3.1.x some time back and found out the following:
  • Moving to firmware 3.1.2 is possible from 1.14 but I lost all of my SMS in the process... Didn't know how to get it back, although there are some methods to backup and restore older SMS. I think that if the firmware is upgraded from 2.x to 3.x then the SMS remains in the phone, but not from 1.14 to 3.x
  • Video recording function not present in iPhone 2G running 3.x
  • Lots of free games/apps can be obtained from Apple's App Market.
  • Copy - Paste funtion is enabled in 3.x and it is amaaazing!!! :eek:hyeah:
  • SMS fwding is very much possible in 3.x (upgraded from 1.x/2.x) and very easy / intuitive

-> Manual backup/restore of SMS is very much possible. I have tried that while upgrading a 1.1.4 iPhone to 3.1.2!

-> Video Recording softwares are available on App Store. Yes, for iPhone 2G as well but the quality sucks. You would be better of with jailbreak video recording apps like Cycorder.

so is copy paste and fwding enabled by default or I need to put an application for that?

also what are the best iPhone games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back