The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn my hands are itching to do an iOS 4 update. I'm on the v3.1.2 now. Apart from the usual eye-candy upgrade is there anything better in iOS4 suitable for use with a iPhone 3G? :ashamed:

Besides, I hope the iClarified jailbreak tutorial here and the unlock tutorial here would work? Someone please correct me if I was wrong. I don't want to have a brick in my hands after attempting it.

Btw I have never backed up the contacts on my iPhone yet. I hope we can do that using iTunes? Or should I install any 3rd party application?

Desecrator said:
Damn my hands are itching to do an iOS 4 update. I'm on the v3.1.2 now. Apart from the usual eye-candy upgrade is there anything better in iOS4 suitable for use with a iPhone 3G? :ashamed:

Besides, I hope the iClarified jailbreak tutorial here and the unlock tutorial here would work? Someone please correct me if I was wrong. I don't want to have a brick in my hands after attempting it.

Btw I have never backed up the contacts on my iPhone yet. I hope we can do that using iTunes? Or should I install any 3rd party application?

I just unlocked 3 iPhone 3G's with 3.1.3 OS and 5.12.01 baseband and any bootloader with ease. If you need i will tell the safe steps i used. No rocket science. Even i didnt see the point of upgrading to ios4 , I was just skeptical rather than using the phone now can think of upgrading at later stage. There is fix to enable multitasking in ios4 for 3G too.

Anyhow
1. I just jailbreaked the phone using spirit Spirit
2. Installed package ultrasn0w 0.9.3 thru cydia and unlocked boom am using my phone.

I have waited like 2 months :) anyhow PEACE now

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If you guys need a detailed guide i can write it and answer queries for now i have been swimming in the JB/UL pool for a long time :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:. I suggest staying with 3.1.3 for now. But the catch is as of now if you have JBed with spirit , You cannot move to IOS4 as of now quoted by sources

^ Anything for 3GS 3.1.3 newbootrom which is completely locked and shows " connect to iTunes" :p ?

FaH33m said:
^ Anything for 3GS 3.1.3 newbootrom which is completely locked and shows " connect to iTunes" :p ?
dev says

"

iPhone 3GS

Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom. "

So new bootrom needs to wait for any other fixes.

Desecrator said:

Normally the itunes keeps backup of phones only if you are moving to new OS shud this backup shud come effective.You can see the backup stored in Edit>preferences. Even though u need external back up you can sync your contacts with Windows address book , keep a single .WAB file or in a .CSV format. Later sync it back. I am damn sure you will third party apps to sync contacts to Google Contacts.

A quick question to those who have upgraded to iOS 4 on their 3G: Is it slower than usual? A blog post on gsmarena claimed that it really crawls on the 3G. Anything of that sort, or is it still the same?

^Nice congrats! :D

I'm worried if the phone might become slower if I switch to iOS 4. Better be on the safer side. :ashamed:

^^Yep..they just released Sn0wbreeze for windows users!!

Desecrator said:
^Nice congrats! :D

I'm worried if the phone might become slower if I switch to iOS 4. Better be on the safer side. :ashamed:
Yea, I have seen videos demonstrating the deterioration of performance on 3G running 4.0!

haraakiri said:
Could you explain the procedure? :p

Pretty simple:

1:> Patched the official firmware using Pwnage Tool.

2:> Put my 3GS in recovery mode and flashed the patched firmware (which hacktivates the phone as well)

3:> Started Cydia, installed ultrasn0w and I was done :)

i upgrade to iOS4 on my iPhone 3G and now i cannot enter any APN settings. I set up my iPhone as new, no restoring from backup and stuff and even then i still cannot find a place to enter APN settings. Guys any1 with a fix for this issue???

back in 3.1.3 i could enter APN settings without any issues...

Hey guys.. i got a problem here... the wi-fi used to work fine on my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2.. but now no networks are being found.. so i tried it on my another phone E63.. in which it works perfectly.. what to do ?

hi guys , i have jailbroken my ipod 3g 32gig (3.1.3) with spirit i need to restore it .. i have read some rumours about the problem restoring the appn can sum1 gimme a fetailed tutorial on how to restore it if i have used a spirit jailbreak ...

i have been using itunes ver 9.0.1.8 to sync appn and music and stuff ... please do reply....

hey guys, i have an iphone 3GS bought factory unlocked and it is on OS 4.0 and modem version 5.13. what do i jailbreak it with?

Can the Iphone 3Gs jailbroken and unlocked ? If they can, can someone plz provide me with the step by step guide to unlock it ? And, are there any Iphone which cannot be unlocked at any cost ? Also, what are the cons of jailbreaking and unlocking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back