The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting 3G speeds on Idea. Using MNP to shift to Vodafone. Any specific settings that I should be aware of CC will help?

any idea if vodafone india allows tethering on the iPhone (jailbroken)...?

I wanna know if i can share my vodafone 3g connection with my laptop and ipad.

guptaji said:
any idea if vodafone india allows tethering on the iPhone (jailbroken)...?

I wanna know if i can share my vodafone 3g connection with my laptop and ipad.

Yes, you can tether.

Guys I need a good web browser. Though I like Safari but it has tab restrictions of 8 :-/ So I need a good web browser [except Opera]. And also Flash not necessary

avi said:
Guys I need a good web browser. Though I like Safari but it has tab restrictions of 8 :-/ So I need a good web browser [except Opera]. And also Flash not necessary

Assuming you've jailbroken your iphone, install "Enhanced tabs" from cydia (free). It has many good features for Safari along with enabling more than 8 tabs.

Metalspree said:
JB is not needed for personal hotspot .Its a features added by Apple to the new firmwares.

Oh.. Thanks for replying. Actually my bro also has iPhone 4 but in his' phone its not showing, may be because he hasn't activated data plans..

Btw I was going through this thread and when iPhone 4 was launched you were saying iPhone 4 looks like el cheapo Chinese, hope you still don't feel same now :bleh:

http://www.techenclave.com/showthread.php?p=1654440

And now you are always the first person who answers my queries regarding iPhone :eek:hyeah:

That reply was for an remote PhotostarSR was looking for his iphone ,i was not talking about the phone :|.About the Personal hotspot data has nothing got to do for it to work .I dont have a data plan but the option is there for me.

it depends on the operator you're with

for e.g - on my dad's iPhwn 4, Personal Hotspot doesn't shows up with Vodafone SIM (VMC activated) but shows up with MTNL Delhi SIM (3G activ)

avi said:
I got it otherway around :p

and my bro also has same fw as me, then why he doesn't have that option ? And what can be done regarding this problem ?

Guys finally SWYPE for iPhone !

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Swype Ported To iOS By Jailbreak Developer

and Facial Recognization software

Facial recognition unlock for iPhone released | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Tried swype it $cuks .I am happy with the native KB and about that facial recognition software it might be included in iOS5

I have recently purchased a iphone 3gs 8GB. Now the thing is that i went to the istore who confirmed that it was a jailbreak version with Os 3.1.2. I have a few questions

1. How do you confirm that it is indeed jailbroken?

2. Can i upgrade the OS?

3. If i do upgrade and then face a problem, can i revert back to the current OS?

4. How can i add songs to my iphone whithout deleting the songs already present on it? This happens when the songs which are on the iphone and not present in the library.

5. If jailbroken, can i install third party apps? ill there be any problem? Can you suggest sites/places from where i can get them?

How do you confirm that it is indeed jailbroken?

Look for cydia icon.

Can i upgrade the OS?

Yes u can :)

If i do upgrade and then face a problem, can i revert back to the current OS?

If it is JBen and SHSH are saved using tiny umbrella, u can revert back else no way u can.

How can i add songs to my iphone without deleting the songs already present on it? This happens when the songs which are on the iphone and not present in the library.

In settings uncheck automatically sync songs .If the phone was synced with any other computer other than yours all songs will be lost.

If jailbroken, can i install third party apps? ill there be any problem? Can you suggest sites/places from where i can get them?

If you are talking about cracked app ,sorry you are not allowed to discuss here .Look out on google.

Thanks for the quick response.

1. There is not any cydia icon, however there is one "blackra1n" which i find to be suspicious.

2. The iStore guy told me that once i upgrade the Mobile will become too slow and will hang often.

3. I did not get your point, tiny umbrella? SHSH?

4. All right, i will not discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back