The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did install paid apps that were not on my system or phone but in my account.

But this was 6 months ago.

And yes, we should start such a thread :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

raksrules said:
In terms of iPhone apps, can i download an app now and if i do not want to use it, just delete it but have it ensured that it is still under my itunes account so i can install it again for free later on ?

Currently there are offers of apps being free for a limited time period, so i plan to download them for now but delete it in case i plan to not use now (but want to use later)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw should we start a separate thread for listing apps which became free from paid ?? :huh:

Like the WhatsApp Messenger app is currently free, usually costs 99 cents i guess.

Yes u can i am doing the same thanks to Failtel for $crewing up my broadband plan. Once u purchase it will be in ur account for lifetime.

My itunes account was originally tied to NZ itunes store i had purchased fruit ninja HD but while switching the country to India we are supposed to download all apps to itunes and then switch i made a mistake of not downloading this particular game alone and had vanished from my purchased history after the switch.I just looked up for the purchase in my billing and wrote a mail to Apple and with in 4 hours it was back in my purchased history in itunes.

There is a big sale going on in App store most apps and games are down to $0.99. Here is the link for few games EA & Gameloft launch massive $0.99 game sale for christmas

iPhone experts, need some help, apps / games missing after sync

Here is the list of activities i did, for the problem to occur.

1. I downloaded couple of games through Installous and they installed fine and worked fine too.

2. Now in the morning, i had downloaded few games from iTunes on my laptop (without connecting the iPhone). I am guessing those apps must have got stored on my computer somewhere.

3. I wanted to get those games on my iPhone so i realized that i should sync the phone, right ??

4. So as soon as i connect my phone, it tells me that it has found purchases on my iPhone (that are not in iTunes) and tells me to add them to the iTunes library.

5. I click Ok and come copying and all starts.

6. Now i go to my iPhone under iTunes and then go to APPS tab and it did not have the tick on "Sync Apps". I ticked this and then ticked everything below that (few apps did not have a tick besides them) this and clicked APPLY and then SYNC. Now i think that at this point it did tell me that all apps on my iPhone will be synced with ones in my iTunes library which possibly means that anything that is not in iPhone will be erased (???). I suppose it is not doing a two way sync, just does a itunes library to iPhone sync.

7. After this when i checked, the icons on the phone had jumbled up and the number of pages too increased and the icons got scattered over 6-7 pages when before that only 4 pages were there. Also those games that i installed from Installous are all gone now. I do not see any of them :O

Apart from this , under iTunes where it shows the total capacity as 13.73 GB, it shows 10GB in apps(which i calculated and is correct) but it shows me 1.24GB as OTHER, which i have no clue what it is.

How do i know what this 1.24GB is?? I am not able to find any trace of that 1.24 GB.

Also how do i ensure that next time when i sync, those apps which got installed through Installous, are not erased like this.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I read on the net regarding reclaiming the space used by OTHER and one last resort it is mentioned that one has to RESTORE the iPhone. This is something i am very scared of doing as i have never done this and i am not sure what happens in restore and will i loose the jailbreak and also the unlock.
Is there any safer way to reclaim the space used by OTHER ??

^ Exactly. Transfer Purchases is necessary . Also make sure you have the sync feature ON in Installour settings on the phone :).

Thanks for the replies guys.

Btw how do i reclaim that OTHER space on my phone ? I deleted the safari cache and cookies and it did get lessen to 0.88 GB(previously it was 1.24 GB).

I do not want to restore the phone as i am scared doing that.

^ It could be your JB data or something :S or even the IPA files if Installous stores them on phone .

FaH33m said:
^ It could be your JB data or something :S or even the IPA files if Installous stores them on phone .

JB data, yes may be. Never thought in that direction.

It cannot be installous files since i delete them after the app is installed and also i checked the Installous folder using iFile and it is not holding those files.

So yes may be JB data.

Is there any JB out for 4S, untethered or tethered?

I'm in office and I cannot find the answer to this question ATM.

A Contacts doubt.. Using iPhones for 3 years now and i never bothered to ask here
<

I need to sync contact details from my iphone to my iTunes, as backup.

I tried this once using the Backup to Outlook, and now my iphone's contact list is filled with email ids!

I just want my mobile numbers in the contact list on the iPhone, and these to be backed up on my pc.

Suggestions?

There is , see below

1) Sync to google

2) All names with phone + email address should be under My contacts

3) All names with just email address shouldbe under email.

Do this once and it will be same for the rest of the lifetime.

Stopping over in HK for 2 days. Is it worth getting an Iphone 4s from there ? Will I be able to use an Airtel connection on this without any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back