The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MetalSpree: Thanks, will chk it out

@Raksrules: Why is HK "THE PLACE" for FU
<
isnt FU an FU any where?
<

Provided you buy it from Apple Online store and not from local market.HK is filled with scrapers who usually sell Apple products at a bomb price.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I believe there is an apple store in HK. will check it out. My only worry was whether i can use it here in India. Thanks for clearing that.

I realise that this been has asked before but it is my turn now
<
.Does a factory unlocked iPhone 4 carry warranty in India if it was purchased from say,the US? I remember a user posting a copy of an email from Apple,stating that a FU iPhone does carry international warranty.Can anyone confirm this?

I just bought 2 iPhones from UK Apple store and apple guy told me that they do carry international warranty. Can anybody confirm please ?

iPhones carry only national warranty, except in EU.

A while back I had read the policy which stated something on the lines of international warranty but it does not matter as you will not get it here.

Simple reason is that service of iPhones in India is handled by carriers and not apple stores.

The former will only take phones bought from them and the latter are not authorized to even touch an iPhone.

PS: I am way too sleepy to google for that document in case someone wants to use it. Hint: Check all the documents available on apple India website and the website of the country you bought it from.

International warranty is applicable only in those country's where iPhone is sold directly by Apple and not its distributors.

You mean if an Apple store were to open in India in the near future,then people with FU iPhones under warranty would all we able to claim their warranty in India?

Exactly.It worked the same way for my HK purchased iPhone in NZ at-least when i spoke to numerous reps from HK ,SG,NZ they all said the same.Just pray our stupid govt allows FDI in Single brand retail and Apple opens its own store in India

Exactly.It worked the same way for my HK purchased iPhone in NZ at-least when i spoke to numerous reps from HK ,SG,NZ they all said the same.Just pray our stupid govt allows FDI in Single brand retail and Apple opens its own store in India

Wasn't it in the newspaper yesterday that they have allowed 100% FDI in single brand retail (eg IKEA, GUCCI, etc.)?

Mail forwarding doubt.

If we wish to forward mails that we've received on the iphone, it asks if we wish to "include attachments", and it then forwards it. Now this imples that the iphone downloads the attachments, then reuploads them: Correct?

Is there any app/way to do this such that it prevents the bandwidth hassle of download/reupload of attachments? (i'm assuming this will involve sending instructions to the server side)

AFAIK when it says include attachement it doesnt mean it is ogin to download completely and then attach and send. Why worry so much saar i am on edge all time forward and download mails and the data usage hasnt crossed 0.5GB, get a 2GB data pack start using.

@Metalspree: Are you sure it doesn't download the attachments? But it takes a bit of time sometimes
<

@Fah33m, Metal: Long Story: My issue is that i'm on my office-provided corporate sim card, and they have disabled 2g/3g
<
To activate it, vodafone CC says i'll need some permission from the issuers at office (which they won't give of course, since the company pays a small portion of the bill)

But somehow 2G is working. On logging into vodafone's crappy website, it shows VodafoneLive service is on: which is 5mb of free usage, then charged at 10p/10kb. (i rechecked now, but i cant recall where i saw it mentioned. Not on my bill for sure)

And since i'm unable to activate any plan, on checking my skyrocketing bill (crossed 1.8k as unbilled amount this month. and i hardly use mine for calls/smsses), i'm assuming i'm being charged at 10p/10kb for EDGE
<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back