The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx jjeet.....tried restoring the fone connecting to itunes and it worked.

You said you were jailbroken and now you restored so i am assuming you are on some jailbreakable iOS 6.x.x version ?
Just be cautious that next time something like this happens, apple might have released the iOS 6.1.3 which patches the jailbreak, you might be SOL if you get stuck in recovery and have to restore.
Next time you better not restore and instead use some tool to kick your phone out of recovery.
It happened with my wife's iPhone 4 when the phone suddenly shut off without we doing anything and it got stuck on apple logo.
Connected to iTunes and it said that phone was in recovery and needs restoring. I downloaded some dedicated recovery tool (to kick phone out of recovery) and it worked fine. No restoring needed.

raksrules...will be careful next time and can you suggest a good recovery tool?

I just checked my downloads folder and see that i have something called "RECBOOT". Its total size including all files is less than 1 MB. I had downloaded it after i found it was small in size and did only what i wanted it to do, enter or exit recovery.
If you still are unable to get it, just PM me your email id and i shall zip the folder and send you.

I just checked my downloads folder and see that i have something called "RECBOOT". Its total size including all files is less than 1 MB. I had downloaded it after i found it was small in size and did only what i wanted it to do, enter or exit recovery.
If you still are unable to get it, just PM me your email id and i shall zip the folder and send you.

chk PM.

Guys, I Had some questions in mind(for those of you having IP5).
1.How prone is it(screen and body) to scratches ?
2.Which covers do you use for it(transparent covers?)?
3.Any hiccups or anything that you've faced?
4.How much is the battery backup?

1. Protect it with rear and front guards and a bumper if you are buying a black
iPhone. With white just do the former.
2. Just a bumper which is hybrid. I wouldn't dare touch the body with bare plastic or metal.
3. Nope
4. Usual iPhone standards. No change in backup time

Most of your queries have been answered but i recently found that there is something which eats battery all the time. It was at least applicable for iOS 5, no idea about 6, but worth trying.
When you get the phone go to SETTINGS -> Location services --> all the way to bottom -> System services -> Turn off location services for Diagnostics & Usage, Location based iAds and Setting time zone.

I'm having the iMessage activation issue.

Stuck on "Waiting for activation"

Carrier is Vodafone.

HELP!!!

Read last few pages of this thread. I am sure someone has listed the procedure to activate it via sending a SMS to a UK number.

Btw I too am on Vodafone and never faced issue with activation of iMessage or FaceTime.

Also try turning on and off the time zone set automatically.

Read last few pages of this thread. I am sure someone has listed the procedure to activate it via sending a SMS to a UK number.

Btw I too am on Vodafone and never faced issue with activation of iMessage or FaceTime.

Also try turning on and off the time zone set automatically.

I tried all that to no avail.

I can't just send a message to that number without knowing what is supposed to be in that message.

I tried all that to no avail.

I can't just send a message to that number without knowing what is supposed to be in that message.

Search macrumors etc websites and search for existing threads on same thing.
Try tuning off iPhone And restarting it or probably hard rebooting it and try again.

Search macrumors etc websites and search for existing threads on same thing.
Try tuning off iPhone And restarting it or probably hard rebooting it and try again.

Did hard boot. Sent the message too. No luck.

Guess Im porting to airtel ASAP if this doesnt get fixed

Try the "Reset Network Settings"
I am not sure if this can be done with a jailbroken iPhone so first confirm that. I am pretty sure one should not do the reset all settings with a JB iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back