The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

I am facing an issue with the new firmware.

When I get a call, there is no action when I press the Answer or Silence tabs on the LCD. Same with Alarm. I can't press "Snooze" or "end" tabs and eventually had to go to the menu and deactivate the alarm. Anyone else facing this issue?

sumchamp said:
^ Do a hard reset as earlier mentioned in this thread.(Post #1571)

I had already done a hard reset before upgrading to new firmware to rule out any issues that might arise. still the phone crashed. anyways, it haven't occurred again. so its cool.

however browser does keep crashing everynow & then.

Guys if you want transparency in the home screen contacts, music and shotcut widgets, just use original themes from Nokia 5530 and the widgets will go transparent in the homescreen. :hap2: It looks much better, try it.

arun687 said:
Guys if you want transparency in the home screen contacts, music and shotcut widgets, just use original themes from Nokia 5530 and the widgets will go transparent in the homescreen. :hap2: It looks much better, try it.

Nice :hap2: Thanks for the tip.

Picked up a small & light theme called NewBlack5th for the 5530... works like a charm.

Now the phone is updating from the phone itself :)

But I have a couple of problems;

1) How can I import contacts from my Sony Ericsson k810i to Nokia 5800XM. The problem is that all the online guides presume that I have backed up my contacts in vcf format. But when I backup my phone, it is done in .dbk format. VCF is generated for individual contacts, not all the contacts at once.

2) How can I install quick office in my phone? I have not yet updated it to the latest version. I thought there may be some problem in installing quick office if I do that.

Auto Updated to 1.5 day old V40 last night... Great improvements :clap:

Can somebody tell me some authentic sources from where i can download apps?

And wats the best app for gmail and messenger services...

^^you can download apps from Ovi Store. YOu can configure your phone to download mail from gmail and yahoo into your phone's Messaging section. The entries will come below SMS entry. And the updates are damn fast.

baccilus said:
2) How can I install quick office in my phone? I have not yet updated it to the latest version. I thought there may be some problem in installing quick office if I do that.

You need to download the sis file from https://www.quickoffice.com/download/trials/quickoffice_6-2/SA_trial_EFIGS_QO_6.2.240_AM_S605.0.sis.

Then transfer the file to your phone using "Mass transfer" mode.

In your phone, go to the File Manager, and go to the path where you copied the file, and double tap on it. It will ask you for permission to install, accept the terms, and you have it!

Guys Facing a unique problem...

I've dial-up access only and it disconnects frequently,

OK

Before we see it is OT,

I could not update using the NSU online...

Is there any offline downloadable installer to do the same..

Update: IS it avaliable OTA, Lemme try over EDGE..

Back