The Desktop Thread!!

Switch said:
What all are you using on your desktop. I mean which dock and what all other stuff...

The Dock is Rocket Dock, you can use object dock too but I found Rocket dock light on resources. Thexfactor already posted a link to the dock icons. The rest of the stuff is a part of Rainmeter HUD skin. Althought rainmeter is very light on resources, it is also very unresponsive and not user friendly. But it still does the job for my current desktop look. :)

@xfactor : I already did, Twice. :bleh :

+1 ..awesome desktop

Can u guide us to make this desktop (all icons , widget etc)

Switch said:
What all are you using on your desktop. I mean which dock and what all other stuff...

Edit: just saw ur reply ...can u post the links please..

There is nothing to write a guide about. Search for rainmeter on Google. Download it and install it.Search for Hud Skin on deviantart.Download it and install it.Run rain meter and select the widgets you want on your desktop. Also download and install object dock and rocket dock.

Try that. And post back if it does not work out :)

reps for bluffy and thexfactor...

Rocket dock: RocketDock - Download RocketDock

Rainmeter: Download Rainmeter 0.14 - A customizable performance meter - Softpedia

HUD Skin for rainmeter: HUD.Vision by ~mepu on deviantART

Download and install in order

Switch said:
And how to update the weather to New Delhi... I have the city code but don't know where to put it

Code:
INXX0096

Yes, as I said rainmeter is not at all user friendly. It took me a lot of time to figure this out myself. Here is the step by step procedure :

*Right Click the whether widget
*Go to skin menu < Edit skin
*In the notepad , replace brno AND THE US code with INXX0096. It should read something like this :
INXX0096
dest=INXX0096
*Now if you want your whether in Celsius then replace the F with m. It should read something like this :
; define Fahrenheit Scale = f or Celsius = m
SCALE=m
; define show Scale Mark
SCALE.txt=°C
*Now open another notepad and copy all the data in the new notepad.
*Save the new notepad in My documents. Name it whatever you like but do give a .ini extension to the name.
*Now copy & paste the new notepad to the whether folder.
*Now rightclick the new notepad and openwith rainmeter.
*Thats it , Enjoy :p

Its funny actually. I still remember there was a "Show your Desktop" contest on TE some years back. I had posted some screenshots but I was accused of cheating and I was disqualified. Well .... life goes a full circle , ehh? :p

333ew6.jpg

Switch said:
There is nothing to write a guide about. Search for rainmeter on Google. Download it and install it.Search for Hud Skin on deviantart.Download it and install it.Run rain meter and select the widgets you want on your desktop. Also download and install object dock and rocket dock.

Try that. And post back if it does not work out :)

reps for bluffy and thexfactor...

Rocket dock: RocketDock - Download RocketDock

Rainmeter: Download Rainmeter 0.14 - A customizable performance meter - Softpedia

HUD Skin for rainmeter: HUD.Vision by ~mepu on deviantART

Download and install in order

gr8 stuff..

but too bad it doesnt show me cpu usage for each core.. nor temps.

haha.. thank you buddy.. here you go with some more spicey sweetie peeks from the above :p :lol:

viralbug said:
^^ nice nice. i really like the way the sweet gal peeks from below. :lol: :D

A Question: How do you change the font color to lighter grade so that the Rainmeter HUD stuff can be seen clearly on a black / darker wallpapers? :S PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Back