The DEXTER thread!

Good Episode...

The Doomsday Killer....this is his new name

Check out the climax in the latest episode. The way how the person gets killed.

This Killer is re-enacting scenes from bible or something like that.

Awesome episode! Probably the best by far. Just as I guessed last time, it had to happen for the next victim (or the teaser made it a bit too obvious!). Poor Harrison. He is definitely missing his mom. :(

I liked Deb's new deputy (in a good way ofc). And what the hell was Masuka's intern b1tch thinking? :/

i think the intern is somehow connected to icetruck killer, there is a parallel track going on leading somewhere ... but this new guy is absolutely amazing , dexter is oh soooooo interested

kippu said:
i think the intern is somehow connected to icetruck killer, there is a parallel track going on leading somewhere ...

I don't think so, she asked masuka to show her the evidence from Bay harbor butcher and trinity cases too.

Another decent episode. Felt bad for Brother Sam until I saw the teaser for the next episode. :ashamed:

Deb and Jamie's cat-fight was awesome. :lol:

When Deb and Anderson goes to that beach house, why did Deb spot that WTF face when Anderson says that he's married to that landlord? Does she have some crush on that guy?

All of the subplots in Dexter are boring, except of course when Masuka is involved. Loads of foreshadowing and then nothing comes out of it. For example, Batista and Laguerta getting married last season; was there a point in spending so much time on that? Almost as pointless as the last 5 seasons of HIMYM :p

Gannu said:
Another decent episode. Felt bad for Brother Sam until I saw the teaser for the next episode. :ashamed:

Deb and Jamie's cat-fight was awesome. :lol:

When Deb and Anderson goes to that beach house, why did Deb spot that WTF face when Anderson says that he's married to that landlord? Does she have some crush on that guy?

He's married to that landlord? :rofl: Even I would make a WTF face if that was true. :rofl:

That is what absence of commas can do to a sentence. :p

Bluffmaster said:
He's married to that landlord? :rofl: Even I would make a WTF face if that was true. :rofl:

That is what absence of commas can do to a sentence. :p

:ashamed:

When Deb and Anderson goes to that beach house, why did Deb spot that WTF face when Anderson says that he's married, to that landlord? Does she have some crush on that guy?

:mad:

Its getting pretty boring this season. Especially with brother Sam. Its usually boring when dexter makes some friends. Its like those long man to man conversations of season 3 with that latino guy.

And Dexter figuring out that Travis is the killer just by looking at him smile at the locusts. That was pretty lame. Even the previous episode he had Travis. He could have got the info on where Prof Gellar was hiding. Although that would end the season pretty early. More screen time for masuka will be good aswell. The writers can do better than this.

I guess they could still keep the Gellar as Travis's alter ego angle as even the scenes where he interacts with other people could be seen as an interpretation from Travis's perspective.

This season has been better than most seasons mainly with respect to the style of killings i.e we have a new style of killing to look forward to each week and the killings themselves have been pretty bizarre. But in terms of suspense, I agree, there is none. We are only 5 episodes in this season and we already know everything about the killer and so does Dexter. Gone are the days when Dexter had to worry about keeping his identity a secret, he now pretty much kills at will. Having Dexter to maintain his secret was the most thrilling aspect of the show. The sub-plots in this season have also been pretty pointless wherein they buildup to become something explosive only to end up pre-maturely. This happened in earlier seasons too with the hot babysitter who we all thought was upto no good only to end nowhere. This show has awesome potential but the writers have been underwhelming so far.

How did I miss this? The signs were always present, it was so damn obvious.

From the very first episode of Dexter this year, "Those Kinds of Things," it was clear that something was off about the characters of Travis (Colin Hanks) and Professor James Gellar (Edward James Olmos). And no, we don't mean the fact that they were brutally butchering innocent people and mutilating their bodies to create specific omens from the Book of Revelation. We mean on top of that. While it's clear that Travis takes his marching orders from Gellar, and seems to be endlessly devoted to him, we're just not sold on the fact that Gellar is a real person. Meaning, he might be a figment of Travis' warped mind.

Gellar remains hands off, often leaving the savage killings and hostage grabbing to Travis, while he sits and, you know, randomly paints full portraits of angels. No one ever acknowledges Gellar, including the kidnapped jogger used for parts or Travis' one night stand who wound up getting Jigsaw'd. Hell, that gal didn't even look at him, or set a place for him, when she waited on them at the restaurant.

Plus, when the time came to punish Travis, Gellar burned himself. Quite barbarically. With a white-hot rod. And he barely flinched. And he hasn't addressed the fact that he has a "burnt to s***" arm ever since.

Has this all been a really clumsy build up to a supposedly shocking twist that could have never fooled anyone who's ever seen movies like The Sixth Sense, Fight Club or Psycho? Or are we just making a big deal out of nothing? Or, finally, is this show double tricking us by making us think he's fake when in fact the two of them are both very real and Gellar just, like, didn't feel hungry that day at the diner?

This show has established now that Gellar at least was a real professor, who vanished from his post and went "underground" three years ago. But did he go underground, or did he go underground? As in six feet under?

While we usually hate spoilers and spoilery chat here at IGN TV, this seemed like an overly obvious future plot twist that was just too much to ignore. Mostly because of how disappointing it would be if the writers of Dexter thought they could get away with dragging this kind of twist out over seven or eight episodes when so many Dexter fans would be able to pick it out of the lineup after one or two episodes. So what do you guys think?

Dexter: What's the Deal with Travis and Gellar? - TV Feature at IGN

I just re-watched all the scenes involving gellar and its true what the article says about him. Notice how nobody except travis notices him .... ever.

Also, I am pretty sure Brother Sam will turn to be the main villain by the end of this season. Who wants to bet that it was him who poisoned Harrison? Oh ... and I am pretty sure he will survive.

I wish the show dealt ocassionally with practical aspects like moving bodies and victims without people noticing etc. tbh Gellar being real or imaginary really adds no substance or thrills regardless of the outcome. All I can think of is someone from the main cast getting killed and then Dexter realizing that the things would have ended had he killed Travis without letting him go.

Back