The DEXTER thread!

Gannu said:
When Deb and Anderson goes to that beach house, why did Deb spot that WTF face when Anderson says that he's married to that landlord? Does she have some crush on that guy?
Haven't watched the episode yet, but is it just me who expected something to brew up between Anderson and Deb? :S

Bluffmaster said:
How did I miss this? The signs were always present, it was so damn obvious.

From the very first episode of Dexter this year, "Those Kinds of Things," it was clear that something was off about the characters of Travis (Colin Hanks) and Professor James Gellar (Edward James Olmos). And no, we don't mean the fact that they were brutally butchering innocent people and mutilating their bodies to create specific omens from the Book of Revelation. We mean on top of that. While it's clear that Travis takes his marching orders from Gellar, and seems to be endlessly devoted to him, we're just not sold on the fact that Gellar is a real person. Meaning, he might be a figment of Travis' warped mind.
Gellar remains hands off, often leaving the savage killings and hostage grabbing to Travis, while he sits and, you know, randomly paints full portraits of angels. No one ever acknowledges Gellar, including the kidnapped jogger used for parts or Travis' one night stand who wound up getting Jigsaw'd. Hell, that gal didn't even look at him, or set a place for him, when she waited on them at the restaurant.
Plus, when the time came to punish Travis, Gellar burned himself. Quite barbarically. With a white-hot rod. And he barely flinched. And he hasn't addressed the fact that he has a "burnt to s***" arm ever since.
Has this all been a really clumsy build up to a supposedly shocking twist that could have never fooled anyone who's ever seen movies like The Sixth Sense, Fight Club or Psycho? Or are we just making a big deal out of nothing? Or, finally, is this show double tricking us by making us think he's fake when in fact the two of them are both very real and Gellar just, like, didn't feel hungry that day at the diner?

This show has established now that Gellar at least was a real professor, who vanished from his post and went "underground" three years ago. But did he go underground, or did he go underground? As in six feet under?

While we usually hate spoilers and spoilery chat here at IGN TV, this seemed like an overly obvious future plot twist that was just too much to ignore. Mostly because of how disappointing it would be if the writers of Dexter thought they could get away with dragging this kind of twist out over seven or eight episodes when so many Dexter fans would be able to pick it out of the lineup after one or two episodes. So what do you guys think?

Dexter: What's the Deal with Travis and Gellar? - TV Feature at IGN

I just re-watched all the scenes involving gellar and its true what the article says about him. Notice how nobody except travis notices him .... ever.
Also, I am pretty sure Brother Sam will turn to be the main villain by the end of this season. Who wants to bet that it was him who poisoned Harrison? Oh ... and I am pretty sure he will survive.

I don't think that they will make Geller a figment of Travis' imagination..besides, can someone refresh my memory as to how the cops got Geller as the 'Doomsday Killer' ? or was that Travis' imagination at work ? (specifically, @ the bar, where Travis bought/saw that newspaper carried a Doomsday Killer title and Geller's pic on it)

^
The police found a blog which is supposedly Gellar's. It had posts about the killings that happened on those days. Also he had gone underground 3 years ago after being fired for stealing an old sword, which i likely to have been used to kill the victims.

Brian and Trinity's son are back, I guess that plus the new Masuka's new creepy intern is how they are going to stretch out this season.

Few queries..

1. Why did Travis let the girl go free ??

2. What significance does it mean that they showed Dexter's brother, Ice truck killer (don't remember name) at the end of the episode ?

raksrules said:
Few queries..

2. What significance does it mean that they showed Dexter's brother, Ice truck killer (don't remember name) at the end of the episode ?

1. He is a noob. Possibly got scared ever since Dexter caught hold of him and let him go free.

2. Rudy Cooper aka Brian Moser. Probably indicates he is his new dark passenger.

my attempted answers

they are drawing parallels between dexter and this guy, so likewise dexter is questioning his own beliefs travis is also doing the same and decides not to stick to his code and rather let her go

dexter has gone completely berserk, ice truck killer is his darkside , no more harry and its gonna go crazy

raksrules said:
Few queries..

Travis is fighting with his dark passenger. And maybe he has seen the light and wants to change. Either way, its clear that Travis and Dexter are not alike although I am sure Travis also imagines Geller just like Dexter imagines his father but unlike dexter maybe he wants to stop.

This means the ice truck killer has rejoined the cast and is going to lead Dexter to do dark stuff like maybe break his code and kill an innocent.

^Man I am really going to hate it if that's true.. have really started hating these shitty twists. An easy way out for the writer :mad:

The signs were always present :

1. Nobody ever notices the presence of Geller except Travis, not even the victims.

2. Geller has never laid a hand on any of the victims directly.

3. Geller disappeared 3 years ago, presumably killed by Travis.

^What of those paintings? Imaginative again I am assuming. Damn that would be one heck of a twist! :O

Damn you man! :mad:

^ I would say it's good.

I think it's becoming more clear that Gellar is an imagination of Travis, just like how Dexter sees his father. In the last episode, Gellar tells him to buy that cloth (whatever it was). He was there before him but he waited till Travis came and then made him buy it. Also, when Travis goes to meet his sister, she tells the kids how well Travis paints. That can explain the paintings in the church where Gellar is being shown to paint.

I don't think Travis might have killed Gellar, maybe Travis just got highly interested in Gellar's work and got obsessed with it and started imaging him.

I really felt sad when Sam died. :( It did seem he could have helped Dexter with his dark passenger.

With Brian back, it looks as if Dexter will go completely crazy.

OK! The last episode slightly restored my faith in this season, after it's bland start.

I still can't believe they killed Sam. Mos Def nailed that role and was probably the only character, who had a real impact in this god-forsaken season. Also the final scene, in the last episode was awesome. There was so much anger in Dexter and the way he snapped, was done really well. I hope it gets better in the latter episodes to come.

^ She's not dead in the show, is she? Oh man! Hopefully, there's nothing related to Lumen, ever again!

BTW, I really hope that:
This new found darkness in Dexter will cause him some trouble with the new cop and hopefully, it'll create some of the Dexter-Doakes kinda story line ..I feel that the new cop guy was brought in with something like that in mind..

also, I don't get the point of Maskua's assistants and that chick who takes care of Harrison this season...they really don't seem to have any significance and will probably be wasted like the nanny of the previous season

AND it seems there was some new action on the

Trinity front at the end of this past weeks episode..the friggin rip that I downloaded had chopped off that bit...
can someone tell me what that was all about?

Back