The DLF IPL 2010 thread

desiibond said:
Am I the only one who feels that players like Yusuf are destroying the beauty of cricket by going for puke-worthy hitting?

The other day I saw Sachin going to 76 and each and every stroke was a beauty and worth huge applause.

Today, I saw Yusuf going to 60+ score and not a single shot was talented. It looked like he just swings the bat and let luck take care of the rest. No foot movement, no timing. Just close your eyes and hit! I almost puked at some of the shots.

If a batsman plays with his eyes closed and no footwork and still can hit so many runs and a 37 ball 100 , then i say the opposite team bowlers are massive fail . Frankly i am tired of this purist BS , who decides whether a shot is talented or not ? Why is footwork more important than power ? Timing more than placement ? Why is test cricket better than T20 ? You dont have people is sports like baseball whining that the shot wasnt "talented" .

manu1991 said:
If a batsman plays with his eyes closed and no footwork and still can hit so many runs and a 37 ball 100 , then i say the opposite team bowlers are massive fail . Frankly i am tired of this purist BS , who decides whether a shot is talented or not ? Why is footwork more important than power ? Timing more than placement ? Why is test cricket better than T20 ? You dont have people is sports like baseball whining that the shot wasnt "talented" .

Simple reason. If you saw yesterday's match. I could see only two kinds of swings. one straight and one to the leg-side and luckily he connected and given the fact that he is not able to play in ODIs or international cricket and given the fact that he is not at all suitable for Test cricket which needs real talent, yes, I would say that his knocks are purely based on luck factor and works only in T20, especially IPL.

And had you watched Gilly's or Sachin's or Hayden's race towards 100 and then watch Yusuf's race towards 100 you will understand what talent is and how shitty Yusuf's shots are!

Out of the 7 sixes he scored yesterday, five were mishit. :no: And talk about talent, let him score a hundred outside of subcontinent. Remember the last IPL in SA ?? He scored only one half century (62) and total of 243 at 20.25 from 13 match and that too at 132 strike rate.

kauzy said:
^^ how shud it matter as long as it is entertaining people?? :|

entertaining who? I don't see anyone except RR fans going ga ga. You want to know what entertaining people is, watch the REAL batsmen play!

If possible, watch Robin Uthappa's clean hits in RCB vs CSK match. They were majestic!

salluks said:
quite frankly even robin is a fluke if you ask me...manish pandey play way better than that dude.

Robin WAS a very good batsman till his attitude got to him. His earlier knocks were pretty good and then he succumbed to media light and that destroyed his career. Now that he is trying to curb that attitude, the results are showing well in this series. Atleast, he is being consistent.

well, in which case, you can always change the channel or switch the TV off, simple :p

what may be entertaining to you may not be the same with others, if it was, then all the saas bahu sitcoms wud have been extint.

if you want to watch true cricket with real talent, id say stick to test cricket

Regardless how limited players like Robin and Yusuf are, they add something to the game.

Yusuf is seriously limited player with limited talent and limited range. No one can dispute that at the moment. Maybe he will end up becoming a better player over time, it happens, but for now, he is limited.

But what guys like lack in terms of pure talent, they make it up for it in shorter forms of games by power hitting. And honestly Yusuf is a utility player. If he clicks, he clicks and usually ends up causing huge damage to opposition. If he does not click with bat, he clicks with bowling, he is a good fielder. This is more than enough to make him a good ODI and T20 player.

He wont play Test matches anytime soon. but that does not take away his value in ODI and T20 team.

Same is the case with Robin. But Robin has to click with bat consistently this coming season as well to make it to Indian team as he is all out batsman.

Pandey is unlucky. He should have been in the team. I honestly think he needs to be in ODI team as well. But with Dhoni's back problems, selectors had to go with additional keeper. And Dinesh is in great form to be honest. Rohit is lucky to be in there. Hopefully he gets his head right in the game.

Nobody discussing about the Indian team selection. I like the team they have chosen but i guess Irfan could have been included. He is a great all round asset for the team with both bat and ball. At least in the shorter version of the game. The batting looks quite solid till no 9 with Bhajji at 10 and Zahher at 11.

The playing 11 looks like this to me...

Sehwack

Gambhir

Raina

Yuvi

Dhoni

Rohit Sharma

Yusuf Pathan

Ravindra Jadeja

Praveen

Bhajji

Zaheer

Anyone going for DD vs KKR on 29 @ Feroz Shah Kotla ??
I have booked my tickets for that match ... East stand
Surprisingly the tickets for this match were sold 2 weeks back ...
hope the match doesent disappoint the crowd...
Moreover i want to see SRK cry hard in front of the delhi crowd.
:)

Switch said:
Nobody discussing about the Indian team selection. I like the team they have chosen but i guess Irfan could have been included. He is a great all round asset for the team with both bat and ball. At least in the shorter version of the game. The batting looks quite solid till no 9 with Bhajji at 10 and Zahher at 11.

The playing 11 looks like this to me...

Sehwack
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvi
Dhoni
Rohit Sharma
Yusuf Pathan
Ravindra Jadeja
Praveen
Bhajji
Zaheer

i dont think with this line up we can take more wickets, we need 3 seamers, so rohit / jadeja / raina has to sit out. and third seamer to be played.

At last a decent total from KKR (183/5 in 20 overs) vs Punjab. Good solid innings from Manoj Tiwary, 75 runs made of 47 balls.

Now upto Bond and Co. to take care of the bowling... :cool2:

ALL RIGHT !!! KKR won at last. :p Even after leaking 15-20 runs by poor fielding. :no: HUSSEY needs to be higher in the order.

i seriously can't understand what's wrong with punjab ....yuvi,sangakara,jayawardena 3 good players are so much out off form ...and the team is also overall performing very bad ..badluck for punjab and zinta ..

anyways IPL 2010 champz are MUMBAI INDIANZ 4 sure !!!!!!

They are self destructing. I dont know how good taking captaincy off Yuvi helped them. Every time they play I get the feeling it has done more harm than good.

Careless attitude of players, suicidal tendencies while batting, poor bowling...

Basically everything is going down the drain. Even KKR didnt look this sorry in IPL1.

Back