The DLF IPL 2010 thread

desiibond said:
For the first time in my life, I went to a stadium today to watch a cricket match and happy that my favourite team of the day (RCB) won easily. Though I lost my voice by shouting for 3 hrs, I am extremely happy.

here is a short video that I took using my phone during timeout period. YouTube - 23032010004.mp4

i just uploaded this video and it might take some time to play.
After being in such an electrifying atmosphere, I don't think that I will ever enjoy cricket match in my room again.

sg3707 said:
I got Headache for 2 days after watching an IPL match in Bangalore. The noise is 222much.

Awesome video . I cannot believe the sound is so so so loud

Man your ear drums must have pained a lot

Anubis said:
Awesome video . I cannot believe the sound is so so so loud

Man your ear drums must have pained a lot

my eardrums are fine but throat is gone :) I kind of enjoyed it to the max. shouting, jumping, laughing.

and yes, the music was super loud and jumpy! I didn't know that this stadium is so good and loud.

desiibond said:
my eardrums are fine but throat is gone :) I kind of enjoyed it to the max. shouting, jumping, laughing.

and yes, the music was super loud and jumpy! I didn't know that this stadium is so good and loud.

hey do they allow slr camera's in the stadium and if they do.. is it safe?

am planning to got for Saturdays match..also how much is the ticket and where did u buy???

salluks said:
hey do they allow slr camera's in the stadium and if they do.. is it safe?

am planning to got for Saturdays match..also how much is the ticket and where did u buy???

I have seen lot of people taking pictures. objects not allowed are bottles, lighters, cans, musical instruments, metal containers, illegal or hazardous substances, fire crackers.

On the ticket it is mentioned that use of mobile phones, transistors, computers, cameras, or any other audio visual recroding equipment, for recording and/or communication of match details is strictly prohibited.

My friend booked tickets for stands (220 bucks) long ago. Make sure that you go to stadium well in advance. Getting front row seats helps a lot. if the match is at 8pm, reach atleast by 6:30pm. Food inside is a bit costly but still okay.

you can get tickets from iplt20.com

^ how many days in advance? i come over the stadium everyday... i can pick up tickets.
planning to go to RCB vs MI... which side is the Bangalore cheerleader stand..;)

Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab:

RR scored 183/5 in 20 overs. Now to see if Punjab can chase this score down. :cool2:

EDIT: Punjab all out for 152 in 19.1 overs. RR won by 31 runs.

Params7 said:
I don't know who to cheer for tomorrow's game RCB vs DD. I love both the teams :p

same here but given that I have settled in Bangalore, I think I will root for RCB :) Also RCB winning this match will make it easier for DC and MI to make it to semifinals. The more DD and CSK the lose the easier it would be for MI and DC to get to semis. I feel that these four teams (RCB, MI, DC, DD) are genuinely good among the eight, thanks to strong bonding among teammates and no-nonsense owners. :)

Back