The DRINK Thread.

Within my limited experience with sprits. I consider old monk to be one of the best rums out there.

You wouldn't be entirely wrong. But sentiments aside, there are quite a few good dark rum varieties from across the globe.

I quite like the Captain Morgan.. as do the Bacardi Gold (iirc), with run I find it's all about the spiciness.. since we practically grow up with Old Monk.. we kind of get used to the sweeter palate that most Indian breweries tend to favour, partly due to the input quality and blend/mix of the molasses and peat.

Some local beer. Very famous local brewery. Bought them after doing some cost to benefit analysis
Avery Reverend
https://www.averybrewing.com/beers/the-reverend
And Avery Maharaja imperial IPA
https://www.averybrewing.com/beers/the-maharaja

Other favs of mine are Ellie’s brown and Avery IPA. Will get them next time.
264E4892-B425-4361-9B9E-717608713BD0.jpeg

16143928-3F2E-4AD9-B6C7-433EF132B359.jpeg

Last edited:
Within my limited experience with sprits. I consider old monk to be one of the best rums out there.
I had Bacardi Black yesterday. It is okay, no comparison with good old monkey. That's the only rum that makes me feel warm the second I start sipping it. Just bought a bottle :)

Had old monk just yesterday from a (now i realise crappy) bar and it was crap. Too much fake shit floating around. Even stores are hard to trust these days. But yeah, nothing beats monky.

I am currently in Serbia. Total language barrier don’t know what I am doing. Luckily the menu had some English. Ordered some fruit brandy which is locally made. Waitress brought it in that small cup warm like tea. Smelled it. Nice fruity smell. Sipped it. WHOA . Rocket fuel . Got drunk on that little cup.
8DE8F117-18B9-4929-87CA-DA82E39E7106.jpeg

What are you upto in Serbia mate?
Came here to fly. But as with every other place I go I got grounded as it’s been snowing all these days. So just sitting in cafes and reading. Serbia is an amazing place to be for foodies. Vegans don’t get visa here haha. Beautiful country side, very hospitable and warm people, good booze and delicious food. Btw, Indians don’t need visa so it’s a must visit place.

...never found one in Mumbai.

Now i really have to try it :-(

A friend had visited sikkim this year. If i had known about this...[DOUBLEPOST=1546263676][/DOUBLEPOST]
Came here to fly. But as with every other place I go I got grounded as it’s been snowing all these days. So just sitting in cafes and reading. Serbia is an amazing place to be for foodies. Vegans don’t get visa here haha. Beautiful country side, very hospitable and warm people, good booze and delicious food. Btw, Indians don’t need visa so it’s a must visit place.

What do you fly mate? Hang gliders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use google translator. Lucky you.
I am currently in Serbia. Total language barrier don’t know what I am doing. Luckily the menu had some English. Ordered some fruit brandy which is locally made. Waitress brought it in that small cup warm like tea. Smelled it. Nice fruity smell. Sipped it. WHOA . Rocket fuel . Got drunk on that little cup.
View attachment 78175

Back