The "Everyday" show-off thread !

I got a pair of GSkill 1GB PK's and this is what the label shows...

78106812.jpg

FaH33m said:
woah !! congrats starchazer :D game on !

congrats on the HDD .:hap2:

The RE-2 are a lot better and more detailed compared to PL-30 .the soundstage and effects are also amazing .. I feel as if there 2 drivers in each ear-piece producing different range of sounds.:eek:hyeah:
But the bass is quiet low (less than PL-30 too)..The sound is more emphasized on detailing and it's a bit thin. as in the sound is not fuller , maybe it will sound better after burn-in.
If you like more bass ..then Ne-7m's may suit you other wise get a RE-2 + Fiio E5 combo.I ve read on head-fi that bass boost of E5 makes the RE-2 sound a lot better(without affecting mids)
I will try to get a E5 soon.

Once my exams are over and vacations start ,I will write a RE-2 Review . Right now there's not much time for music.

Hey congrats on the upgrade ! :hap2:

Now I definitely have to find some time to meet you to hear how they sound. Do burn them in with pink noise to open up the sound.

stormblast said:
why dint you tell me you have bluray movies. i would have told you to get some of them yesterday. next time now

Arre .. forgot to tell you. These 4 I got today only. I have ironman and full metal jacket also. So let me know anytime if you need them. And If you'll be coming this side you can collect it from me.

thats right, its somewhat loose as i can move it clock/anti-clockwise even after i fixed it properly. Isnt that a bad thing :S

But then my quad stays at 26-30c idle :p

bottle said:
Whats the difference between the PK and the PI ? both seem similarly priced and have the same timings
Some thoughts-
Seems like no perf diff bet 2x2GB 800CL4 or 1066 CL5 at default speeds.
But lower latency with 1066 CL5.
Plus 1066 CL5 gives gauranteed 1066 CL5 at 2.0v- so not bad for some better cpu clocks too.
4GBHK was ultra cheapo kit- CL5 but weird timings.
4GBPK looked decent with 1066 CL5-5-5-15 at 2.0v odd- almost simlar ot 4GBPI 1066 black.
More like 4GBPI without the funky heatspreaders.
but was much Cheaper then.
need was 1066 CL5 and no more.
Can't remember the exact $ price on newegg then but KMD quote 3.3K odd for the same.
4.4K via Prime and 5yrs local warranty.
Rig was for a n00b friend.
Got it locally. :p
That's the whole history behind why Harshal got the 4GBPK locally. :rofl:

Dark Star said:
What a beauty .. I heard Ture / Black and non BE have loose mountings is that right ?

Congrats on an awesome HS :)

Which fan btw ?

Thanx. :)

Dont really have a fan suited for this. Eyeing on the Silverstone FM121. :p

|Anish| said:
thats right, its somewhat loose as i can move it clock/anti-clockwise even after i fixed it properly. Isnt that a bad thing :S

But then my quad stays at 26-30c idle :p

Errrr are you talking of the TRUE Black or the TRUE? :S

I'd owned the TRUE about a year back and AFAIK the fit was more than just perfect. There's something wrong with the mount of yours if the TRUE is rotating or the base's lapped extensively. :lol:

Thanx Udit but how much does it retail for? I thought of the Silverstone since the white fan could go well in contrast with the all black system. :p

Otherwise I might just pick up one of those Delta AFB1212HHEs mediahome's retailing and undervolt it using the motherboard fan header.

The expenditures have been shooting up offlately. :(

But I reckon this baby looks a lot more sexy when you see it in person.

@appo: hehe :lol: thanx. Some other bugger may highly vouch for this fact as well. He's already having a siggy the fact he's ranting about. :p

Gannu said:
Errrr are you talking of the TRUE Black or the TRUE? :S

I'd owned the TRUE about a year back and AFAIK the fit was more than just perfect. There's something wrong with the mount of yours if the TRUE is rotating or the base's lapped extensively. :lol:

Dunno about other TRUEs but my TRUE rotates :gap:

I cant seem to do anything as the screws are tight enough, any more pressure and the biostar will be byebye-star :lol:

May day was Pay day :eek:hyeah: went out and bought this

Contents :p

Finally I can get rid of the nagging USB cable from my 1TB and the frequent disconnects whenever i move the laptop :mad: Its awesoem to have a wireless NAS :D

Gannu said:
Some other bugger may highly vouch for this fact as well. He's already having a siggy the fact he's ranting about. :p
You talking about moi punk!!:boxing22:
It's alright, i can understand you are overwhelmed with emotions by going back to a proper cooler. :bleh:
Udit said:
Aaahh!! reminded me of those lovely Sidewinder GOs and the waiting for goodies to arrive and tearing off the packing in sheer anticipation and delight. :eek:hyeah:
Those were the best days of my TE life- so close-knit and loving and almost a family. :D
The 120x38mm 'medium' 85-86CFM is indeed one of the best fans i have used.
Good balance of noise, cfm and static pressure.
Was the preferred fan for TRU120 (the 1st gen TR ultra120, 4-pipe one) for for most other 120mm coolers. :)
|Anish| said:
Dunno about other TRUEs but my TRUE rotates :gap:
I cant seem to do anything as the screws are tight enough, any more pressure and the biostar will be byebye-star :lol:
*thinks of BTE's 24x7 clocks and visualises new brand called byebye-star mobos* :bleh:

SunnyBoi said:
May day was Pay day :eek:hyeah: went out and bought this

Contents :p

Finally I can get rid of the nagging USB cable from my 1TB and the frequent disconnects whenever i move the laptop :mad: Its awesoem to have a wireless NAS :D

how much is this 500GB NAS for in singapore (SGD)?

Back