The "Everyday" show-off thread !

picgiue.jpg

Mirror's Edge (PC)

ShadowRun (360)

Blue Dragon (360)

Infinite Undiscovery (360)

Went to NP today and replaced my mouse pad.

Earlier using 100 bucks iBall pad bought from Croma and for last few days my mouse was skipping too much. Buying a cheapo surface for Rs 15 was an option as these pads served me very well before I got this iBall crap but finally decided to take the plunge and shelled out a few hundred rupees for this:

^^

Steel Series makes professional gaming pads.

One of the best mouse surfaces today are produced by them. An example of it is Steel Series QcK Heavy which is very thick as compared to other mousepads in the market and helps in case of uneven surfaces during Lan Events.. It's also being used by a variety of Professional Gamers all around the globe including Team SK , MYM etc.

It's Steel Series QCK Mini. Mouse definately feels more responsive as compared to iBall crap. Though I won't YET say that it is a SIGNIFICANTLY better surface when compared to cheapo 15 buck mouse pads sold in NP. But so far I have used it just for 10 minutes and that too for net surfing.

Let me use it for a couple of days and play some games... then I will be in a better position to tell.

Also it is possible that you need a good, sensitive mouse to feel the difference and I have Logitech RX300 mouse that is part of Internet 350 USB Desktop. Though it's said DPI is 800 which, if true, i think is good enough.

@sickizblank ...

I am aware of steelseries and the QcK mousepads :p I just couldnt make out from the pic ,which Qck it is..as in Qck+ ,mini etc.

and the reason i asked him about any differences is ,once i had tried out a friends Razer mantis and i couldnt notice much difference in movement/precision compared to a 30 bucks surfacepad I use.I was like did you really get this for 1000+ bucks :O ?

PS: It is just my opinion ..and yeah i am not a hardcore gamer.just some casual long hours of week end gaming.

Maybe these surfaces make a hell lot of difference to the pro gamers ..cause the friend who uses the mantis for CS tourneys actually swears by Razer surfaces.

EDIT :

congrats morgoth ..do update with the changes you notice while playing any FPS :).

Even i was planning to get a Qck i saw at Jumbo electronics.There was the mini for Rs.517 and some other Qck for 750 bucks ..dont remember the other model.

is the mini ,very small ? if possible please post a pic with the mouse on the surface.

FaH33m said:
@sickizblank ...
EDIT :
congrats morgoth ..do update with the changes you notice while playing any FPS :).
Even i was planning to get a Qck i saw at Jumbo electronics.There was the mini for Rs.517 and some other Qck for 750 bucks ..dont remember the other model.

is the mini ,very small ? if possible please post a pic with the mouse on the surface.
Even the Jumbo store @ Noida has them .
I picked the 750 one as well , had similar doubts over the mini (thought might be too small) , the one i picked is quite a decent size .

FaH33m said:
@sickizblank ...

Mini is not that small. At least as compared to what you get for free or for 10 or 20 bucks.

here is the pic that you wanted:

^Size depends on whether you use your mouse at high dpi or low dpi. I have the steel Series's S&S which is more or less the same size as the qck. But i use only half the area of the mouse pad as i play at high dpi.

err howcome you are using something as tacky as that sir?

and doesnt it light up your face as well when using at night or the pics are deceiving?

Rave said:
err howcome you are using something as tacky as that sir?

and doesnt it light up your face as well when using at night or the pics are deceiving?

I was using the Razer Lycosa but the backlighting got very difficult to read during daytime. So I looked for another backlit keyboard for a cheap price and found this - it is NOT bad - the back lighting is pleasantly dim, it just looks bright in the pictures due to long exposures by camera. What is a PITA is the EXTRA bright 3 LEDs for Num/Caps/Scroll, I have put some masking tape over these lights. This keyboard is very easy to read in daylight - but not too good when backlit, but because of its 800/- price I am not complaining. Overall I would rate it as a PAISA VASOOL keyboard !!

EDIT: A picture I took now with only one flourscent tube light lighting up keyboard and the back light on keyboard switched on. Note how bright the scroll Lock LED is even tho I have put tape over the LED !!

sunbeamkeyboards.jpg

Eazy said:
EDIT: A picture I took now with only one flourscent tube light lighting up keyboard and the back light on keyboard switched on. Note how bright the scroll Lock LED is even tho I have put tape over the LED !!

The lighting seems to be pleasant but that blue LED is a bit too bright.

I'd rather have the keyboard placed in a retractable tray kinda thing under the table and have a ccfl under the table to light it up. :p

Eazy said:

hmm... it's the same one Amarbir sir has for 1386Rs listed in Cooling And Case Modding Products. also Primeabgb has this KB listed on their web site for Rs.1530,and sir u have got it for 800bucks!(last time i did saw this Keyboard on PrimeABGB web site, it was priced ~1.3k)

how good is it, when it comes to typing?

Gannu said:
I'd rather have the keyboard placed in a retractable tray kinda thing under the table and have a ccfl under the table to light it up. :p

i'd rather switch ON room lights:bleh:

Sudarshan_SMD said:
hmm... Primeabgb has this KB listed on their web site for Rs.1530

how good is it, when it comes to typing?

i'd rather switch ON room lights:bleh:

I re-checked the bill again - it says 800/-

It has a soft key press feel for typing - not the best but what can you expect for a keyboard of this price.

The backlight is very soft and pleasant at night in a dark room but the keys are not easily viewed. I personally feel I can manage quite well with the back light. In daylight the keys are very good to view.

I must mention that this keyboards cable is a little shorter than normal keyboards, so for 25/- I bought from Prime a PS2 keyboard extension cord.

Back