The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Congrats everyone on all the great purchases! I love the amazing shopping being done and shown in this thread!!

These came in last afternoon...

DSCF1886.jpg

32GB SanDisk Ultra (USB 3.0) Flash Drive - For daily usage.

DSCF1888.jpg

1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim External HDD - For my net HT setup at home.

Congrats... Does it support wireless triggering ?? I guess you are using it with Canon...
Price?
Its a cheepo manual flash i got it for 2k locally , if bought from net it may be less , i dont think it supports wireless triggering it may have a optical slave function i will check and let you know , i do have a cheep flash trigger receiver.

@tkin - hows the soundbar .. could u post a pic of it around ur laptop / monitor or tv if possible? enough sound to fill a small room?
Its big, but not that big, compared to a tv its ok, even small I'd say, doesn't take too much space, powered by USB. Has manual volume control.

Size reference to 15" laptop:
RUwqj0H.jpg

Sound is high enough to fill a medium sized room, but at 80%+ sound there is screeching and distortion as expected from cheap speakers. Best sound is heard from about 5 feet distance in front.

I'm not going to put this up in front of the TV now, as my 21" CRT doesn't require this :p[DOUBLEPOST=1414826975][/DOUBLEPOST]
You are so lucky mate. [emoji3]
I was planning to buy a ereader for nearly an year now, couldn't resist when I saw the deal mail from ebay.

why would you need a seperate reading light on an ebook reader. Just curious.
E-Ink is different from LCD/CRT/Plasma or other display technologies. There's no backlighting - so external light source is necessary.

http://www.eink.com/technology.html

E Ink displays are also referred to as "reflective displays." In an LCD, or "emissive display", light from a backlight is projected through the display towards your eyes. In an E Ink display, no backlight is used; rather, ambient light from the environment is reflected from the surface of the display back to your eyes. As with any reflective surface, the more ambient light, the brighter the display looks. This attribute mimics traditional ink and paper, and users of E Ink displays have said that they do not have the same eye fatigue as with LCDs when reading for long periods of time. The backlight can also consume up to 40% of the power used in electronic product. Therefore, eliminating the need for a backlight significantly increases the battery life versus using a traditional LCD. - See more at: http://www.eink.com/technology.html#sthash.fuRIDVLc.dpuf

But Kindle paperwhite, Kobo Glow are newer e-ink readers which do not need external light.

Back