1AA40622-DF6B-4B64-8449-F3986A0C478F.jpeg

Still shocked how light it is.

Got the 2021 LG Gram 17 (17Z90P).
i7 1165g7, 16 gb lpddr4x, 512 gb nvme.
Added a 1 TB Samsung 980.
View attachment 128525

View attachment 128526

Still shocked how light it is.

Congrats ! I've the 16 inch model. So light, great battery, awesome screen.
Want to expand the storage, but I'm scared of opening the cover - due to warranty issues.
Is warranty void if we open the cover and make changes ? Also, which screwdriver did you use ?

Just got her Home Last Friday. Fantastic machine and features . In Love with Paddle shifters and Sunroof !
Hyundai Creta SX 1.5 IVT
Waiting Period 2months !
On road : 19.3L bangalore !
Paddle shifters is the way congrats! I will be eyeing City or Verna with similar features but not so soon as just last year bought home and loan been on head ftw so these heavy things need to wait..

Congrats ! I've the 16 inch model. So light, great battery, awesome screen.
Want to expand the storage, but I'm scared of opening the cover - due to warranty issues.
Is warranty void if we open the cover and make changes ? Also, which screwdriver did you use ?
I have a SKIL 30pc ratcheting set. I think it was a PH0 or PH1 bit. Not sure.

I followed this video for removing back cover(it’s a full teardown). All rubber pieces and small round covers have screws under them.

There was no warranty sticker on any of the screws but the rubber feet have pretty strong adhesive.

Also reformatted windows 10 from stock Microsoft image.
Resetting windows kept bringing back all lg bloatware and macafee stuff. (There was a recovery partition made by lg I think).

I have a SKIL 30pc ratcheting set. I think it was a PH0 or PH1 bit. Not sure.

I followed this video for removing back cover(it’s a full teardown). All rubber pieces and small round covers have screws under them.

There was no warranty sticker on any of the screws but the rubber feet have pretty strong adhesive.

Also reformatted windows 10 from stock Microsoft image.
Resetting windows kept bringing back all lg bloatware and macafee stuff. (There was a recovery partition made by lg I think).

Thanks mate. I've the same Skil set, and a spare M2 lying around. Will upgrade soon !
I uninstalled McAfee as that seems like the only true bloatware with the machine. LG software updater seems a tad mandatory as I've read the drivers can be finicky.

Edit: Did you use the heat gun and tweezers too ?

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I've the same Skil set, and a spare M2 lying around. Will upgrade soon !
I uninstalled McAfee as that seems like the only true bloatware with the machine. LG software updater seems a tad mandatory as I've read the drivers can be finicky.

Edit: Did you use the heat gun and tweezers too ?
Awesome!

I just wanted to start afresh and remove the lg recovery partition, windows downloaded all the drivers and stuff anyway. Installed just the LG control center as it has some useful options such as battery charge limit.

Found some bios shortcuts to enable hidden menus (ctrl alt shift f7).

I just used a small wooden spoon to dig the rubber feet lol. Don't have a pry tool.

Awesome!

I just wanted to start afresh and remove the lg recovery partition, windows downloaded all the drivers and stuff anyway. Installed just the LG control center as it has some useful options such as battery charge limit.

Found some bios shortcuts to enable hidden menus (ctrl alt shift f7).

I just used a small wooden spoon to dig the rubber feet lol. Don't have a pry tool.
Don't do it yourself lest you may damage any sensitive internal components.
Take professional help by calling Just Dial.
Type computer doorstep services near you and pick who has the best ratings and specify your need and whether they can do it or not and bargain if the price is bargainable or in your case since it's LG if you can find a true LG oriented service men then you are lucky. Otherwise we have to tell them about our components or PC since they regularly deal with a more common computers not like ours.

Don't do it yourself lest you may damage any sensitive internal components.
Take professional help by calling Just Dial.
Type computer doorstep services near you and pick who has the best ratings and specify your need and whether they can do it or not and bargain if the price is bargainable or in your case since it's LG if you can find a true LG oriented service men then you are lucky. Otherwise we have to tell them about our components or PC since they regularly deal with a more common computers not like ours.
Having witnessed the general quality of repair here (missing screws, unplugged cables, disgusting amounts of adhesive), I'd rather do it myself than entrust my device to a 'service' center. We're not even talking about a repair per se. The tools required are available on Amazon. Xiaomi sells a rather nice screw driver kit. Not quite Ifixit level, but does the job. There are also plenty of guides for your device which you can read/watch instead of winging the process.

Use Just Dial and bargain with 'professionals'? Questionable advice at best.

Having witnessed the general quality of repair here (missing screws, unplugged cables, disgusting amounts of adhesive), I'd rather do it myself than entrust my device to a 'service' center. We're not even talking about a repair per se. The tools required are available on Amazon. Xiaomi sells a rather nice screw driver kit. Not quite Ifixit level, but does the job. There are also plenty of guides for your device which you can read/watch instead of winging the process.
If you loose one screw then we don't have the professional expertise to get them from either Amazon or flipkart since they have both depth and their dimensions might differ from what we lost then all is lost and it irritates us a lot and if we go to authorized service center we need to answer them all kinds of stupid answers with no positive result rather pay them a hefty fee for our misdoings regarding their hardware because I am telling these by experience. They will simply say it's physical damage and make us pay them more.
So taking professional help either a trained personnel is always recommended.

Luckily my mother used a broom to get my lost screw otherwise I would have gone to the nearest authorized service centre to get that one screw.

I even tried to order screws from Amazon but was unsuccessful due to the inability of what kind of screws we specifically needed. So I cancelled that order.

That's why I always take professional help and suggest to others accordingly lest we shall be help responsible for advising such.

Back