The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Shripad said:
Dont think that I made the decision blindly.
I would hope so. From the reviews, the card runs at 97+ at load. That is like 4 days of dust away from BSODs/protective shutdowns? And a couple of months down the line; a guaranteed RMA. Then again, judging from the rest of your hardware, you prolly have some nice water cooling.

I'm happy you chose evga though, hopefully you could take advantage of their 90-day step up plan if nvidia pulls a die shrink in three months. x_x

PS : The post prolly make me sound either like a complete asshole or a jealous freak, but god, it was too hard to resist commenting. :ashamed:

damn said:
I would hope so. From the reviews, the card runs at 97+ at load. That is like 4 days of dust away from BSODs/protective shutdowns? And a couple of months down the line; a guaranteed RMA.

I don't quite think so! Did you post the very same comment elsewhere in some other thread?

If the card is meant to run at high temperatures on loads, then nVidia must have designed the cooling solution that way. This card has a high TDP so it is quite obvious it runs at high temperatures on loads and idles at slightly higher temperatures compared to their previous versions. This is exactly what happens when you cramp more transistors into a limited space on the die!

The heatpipe based cooler mimics the ones found in their previous flagship high-end cards starting 7900GTX. Why would it BSOD otherwise!

Overclocking may have a very limited headroom that said.

^^
True, that it would not BSOD due to high temperatures. Am sure nVidia has stressed the card immensely for long durations, to see how the board holds up. It has around 3 billion transistors packed on a small die. Heat would bound to be generated. For sure the card will run, but run hot. Now one has to figure out, how to manage all that heat.

new cartridge and stylus for my turntable :p
ortofon.jpg

After being disappointed with RBK, Adidas and Nike, I decided to do some research and picked this. Arrived today. And all the hype that surrounds this brand is justified. Very comfy, firm support, best cushioning amongst the all the shoes I had tried so far.

Glad I went through the trouble of importing these.

3304bb06054a64b6.jpg
3304bb06054cd5fc.jpg
3304bb060550f798.jpg
3304bb0605539c2a.jpg

Nice choice, but these are available in India itself why you got those imported? Or are these any specific model not available here?

Roxtin said:
Hmm seems size 10 to me and yeah price would be a factor they are cheaper in US :p

Yeah. Here only size 8 was available in these. And the shop quoted freakin 8.6k for these. I mean WTF!!!!! 8.6 for NB 750 was total ripoff.

I paid 1/3rd of that.

Shripad said:
Yeah. Here only size 8 was available in these. And the shop quoted freakin 8.6k for these. I mean WTF!!!!! 8.6 for NB 750 was total ripoff.

I paid 1/3rd of that.

lol.. I wear 11s :|

I used to hunt at all sorts of factory outlets to be able to find shoes that fit (they were the only ones that had the weird sizes.)

Just got me a pair of CT271s & a pair of MT572s. By FAR the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Back