The "Everyday" show-off thread !

uploadfromtaptalk1419956538142.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419956564308.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1419956538142.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1419956564308.jpg
My first Smart TV.

Last edited:
Got the philips SHE3590 from amazon ( Read so much about them, that I simply had to get these! ) and Sony EX300 from eBay ( I like the mic and J cord to use with my mobile, you dont have to check for the left and right ones before putting them on ;) )

Earbuds.jpg

earbuds2.jpg

Got the philips SHE3590 from amazon ( Read so much about them, that I simply had to get these! ) and Sony EX300 from eBay ( I like the mic and J cord to use with my mobile, you dont have to check for the left and right ones before putting them on ;) )
Damages?

Did some bday shopping :p
Kenneth Cole Reaction:
Cze07oW.jpg

More than the dial, loved the strap. It is amazingly soft !
Blus:
4tHdaWy.jpg

yeOb4QP.jpg

tr4ovsq.jpg

7feZnpv.jpg

buF6vgF.jpg

Comes with a Fargo Beanie:
FPxERzQ.jpg

32GB microSD:
S22n73S.jpg

Was looking for a tablet primarily for reading (and then some music and movies, basically a consumption device). My basic requirements were:
1) FHD screen, preferbly >8 inches.
2) Decent battery life
3) Non-laggy OS.
4) Either a minimum of 64 gigs of memory or an expansion slot.
Looked at various options in the market and there's a huge mess out there with Intel vs ARM. Intel Baytrail Android tabs start @ 21k (Lenovo Yoga 2), while ARM (Snapdragon/Exynos etc) are upwards of 30k. Nvidia Shield is going for 28k+ on Ebay, with a delivery time of ~ 2 weeks. Pretty much costly stuff.
Also played with HP Omni 10 (Win 8.1 tab, Baytrail Z3770, 2 GB RAM etc). Lovely tab, excellent screen, but again the least price I could find was 25k (Ebay has some low rated or new sellers selling for 22-24k, but in my experience they are best avoided). However, in the small time I played with it, there was absolutely no lag, OS was super snappy (me and @phoenix844884 compared that and Galaxy Note 10.1 side by side, and even with 3 gigs of RAM, Touchwiz made the android tab lag like it was running on a 10 year old processor). Would have gone with it had it been in the sub-20k segment (specially when Amazon was selling Acer Iconia W4 for 9k !)
After some more hunting, saw Flipkarts DigiFlip Pro tabs. The XT901 caught my fancy as for 11999, the specs were pretty awesome - Z2580, 2GB RAM, 8.9 inch 1980*1200 screen, 6500 mAh battery, microSD expansion.
Yes, it's running the old Clovertrail+ processor, and yes, it's still stuck to Jelly Bean (the lower model got a KitKat upgrade days back, so this one should get it soon as well), but the VFM aspect is tremendous. For all intents and purposes, this one's a rebranded Ramos i9. And a FHD 8.9 inch screen is perfect for reading PDFs and comics.

j7gPDkh.jpg

S22n73S.jpg

OaF4N4p.jpg

t78snIP.jpg

qMeklAU.jpg

The thingy on the right is a microSD card insert/remover as the slot is recessed inside the body.
BXiCJVx.jpg

Comes bundled with a charger (2 amps), USB cable, OTG cable, a 3.5mm jack (without which headphones sound terrible), a cleaning cloth and a guide.
BXiCJVx.jpg

ef3zbEi.jpg

Comes pre-applied with a screen protector:
Ujhlh1r.jpg

DlmKJs7.jpg

Back is glass:
PVlmmu2.jpg

Looks pretty good for a 12k device !
0ORAsxb.jpg

microSD port, volume rocker and power button on one side
JeuMX4H.jpg

microUSB and headphone jack on the other. Both the sides have speakers.
Tt1jdTP.jpg

Minimal pre-installed apps (Stock Jelly Bean):
hX0KfyJ.jpg

Gets pretty bright:
ERxDBRx.jpg

Came at nearly 90% charged OotB:
NLqJV8t.jpg

Overall impressions:
- Good build quality. No creaks at all !
- Looks really good. Surprisingly !
- Display gets pretty bright, but has a yellowish tint
- Z2580 is not as fast as Baytrail or SD 800. You can see some jitteriness during scrolling on the Play Store (not in Chrome Beta though). But again, Baytrail starts @ 21k and SD 800 tabs, 30k+ !
- No WiFi or Bluetooth issues. Maxes out my connection when downloading.

Will post more impressions post some day long usages in case anybody's interested. Overall, very satisfied at the price-to-performance ratio !

The philips ones are from amazon.in for about 400 INR and the sony ones are from ebay ( there are a lot of fakes of these going around in the market, but these are real, bought from a very reputed seller, and have previously purchased a Sony phone from him, so I know these are real ) are for about 500 INR.

Both offer great sound for the price. :)

The philips ones are from amazon.in for about 400 INR and the sony ones are from ebay ( there are a lot of fakes of these going around in the market, but these are real, bought from a very reputed seller, and have previously purchased a Sony phone from him, so I know these are real ) are for about 500 INR.

Both offer great sound for the price. :)
Mind giving me the links for the sony one

Look at this old lady. I just got her today. isnt she beautiful? "Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm Tessar f/2.8 T*". bought for 100 dollars including the m42 mount adapter. there are small specs of dust I think, I will clean when I feel the need. the aperture is smooth clickless and also can be locked at some value. Feast your eyes :D
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG

Look at this old lady. I just got her today. isnt she beautiful? "Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm Tessar f/2.8 T*". bought for 100 dollars including the m42 mount adapter. there are small specs of dust I think, I will clean when I feel the need. the aperture is smooth clickless and also can be locked at some value. Feast your eyes :D
What about your new lens that was to arrive? 24-70 Sony right?

Back