The "Everyday" show-off thread !

What issues did you encountered in mx master 3? g502 hurts my hand so I am looking for alternatives and I am trying to figure out what would be the better choice between mx master 2, mx master 3 or a apple trackpad

Moved from MX Master 1 to this.
1) The design has changed a bit, and it took some time getting used to. I prefer the original in terms of comfort.
2) The back/ forward buttons have changed and their size has been reduced. In the original MX Master, my thumb would rest against them and I could easily hit them by applying a little pressure. Now I have to physically move my thumb to the back/ forward button. Also they don't give much of a 'tactile' response as the older buttons.
3) Connectivity issues - mouse would stop responding for a second, then reconnect. Found that my iPhone Bluetooth was responsible for dropped connection. Have to turn of my phone's BT now. Annoying, since I have airpods as well which require BT to function
4A) The scroll wheel is absolutely horrendous. I was never a fan of the freespin mode in the original, but in this even the ratchet mode is terrible. The scroll wheel would randomly stop working with Chrome (would still work in Excel/ Windows Explorer). Have disabled SmartShift feature and now it works fine 90% of the time.
4B) Scrolling is not 'precise'. Noticeable lag in response in some cases.
5) The first unit I got had a sticky feel and 'plastic' kind of smell that got on my hands as well. I got it replaced from Amazon, the new unit does not have these issues.

Wouldn't recommend this to be honest.

I have logitech Mx518....what would be a good upgrade in 2k range.. not looking to splurge as mx518 costed like 1500ish back in 2012 and it lasted till now....i can still repair it though.
also never used a mechanical keyboard till now. what would be a decent one on 2k range.
Now most important thing...where can i get good thermal pads online and what do they cost.
all help is appreciated.

I have logitech Mx518....what would be a good upgrade in 2k range.. not looking to splurge as mx518 costed like 1500ish back in 2012 and it lasted till now....i can still repair it though.
also never used a mechanical keyboard till now. what would be a decent one on 2k range.
Now most important thing...where can i get good thermal pads online and what do they cost.
all help is appreciated.

Although slightly older the G402 is still the best option at that price point, whatever you buy make sure it has a 2 year warranty at least and yea AVOID RAZER.
Logitech after sales is stellar as well compared to the others.

Although slightly older the G402 is still the best option at that price point, whatever you buy make sure it has a 2 year warranty at least and yea AVOID RAZER.
Logitech after sales is stellar as well compared to the others.
I also had my eye on g402 and razer seems bit overpriced...
what about mech. keyboard and if anyone can help with thermal pads. Are they available in nehru place.

what about mech. keyboard

After owning several mechanical gaming keyboards I think they are a waste of money unless you get someone to carry one over from the states.
They are already overpriced with the gamer tax and the local selection here is quite thin and even more expensive.

As for the switches you have to decide what you're looking for in a keyboard, whether you want clicky & tactile/linear switches with differing levels of actuating force.
If you want one purely for typing look at blues and browns, for gaming I personally prefer reds but ymmv. Reds are light and linear with low actuating force and they are silent, the clicky sounds become irritating while playing games.
If you're low on budget you can look at the GK61 with Gateron reds, doesn't have fancy double shot PBT caps but it does the job. Note that it's a 60% keyboard so you'll have to give up on some functionality.

The Arctic thermal pads seem to be out of stock, you can try these

Post automatically merged:

Got the Swans M10!

SwwsJ8d.jpg

Subwoofer is a tight fit under the desk hehe

EEdCRcp.jpg

Looks nice too!

AxQsZrP.jpg

Initially they sounded very meh, similar to the Logitech USB speakers they replaced and I immediately thought if either the speakers were bad or I need a better DAC. Just 10 mins later, sounds have improved; 90 mins later theyre still improving! Will add a half decent DAC this weekend yay!

Last edited:
Got the Swans M10!

SwwsJ8d.jpg

Subwoofer is a tight fit under the desk hehe

EEdCRcp.jpg

Looks nice too!

AxQsZrP.jpg

Initially they sounded very meh, similar to the Logitech USB speakers they replaced and I immediately thought if either the speakers were bad or I need a better DAC. Just 10 mins later, sounds have improved; 90 mins later theyre still improving! Will add a half decent DAC this weekend yay!

Wait, what's going on? Such dramatic burn-in with these speakers??!!

I vaguely remember people saying the m10 sub is supposed to be kept on the desk facing you in the same listening plane as the surrounds. Not like typical sub placement. How to practically do that on most desks is another issue. But just for testing, try that and see how the sound changes?

I vaguely remember people saying the m10 sub is supposed to be kept on the desk facing you in the same listening plane as the surrounds. Not like typical sub placement. How to practically do that on most desks is another issue. But just for testing, try that and see how the sound changes?

Haha I did not expect that as well. Then again this is the first "new" set of speakers Ive bought since my MX5021 and maybe I did not expect it

I had a 2 inch riser for the monitor which I removed for aesthetic reasons. I have a feeling the speakers will come under it, or make the stand just high enough for the speakers to slot in below the monitors. I can then move the sub next to right speaker. Oh well another thing to do in the list!

sub on the floor would be better if possible. what DAC ?

space is tight, cant really keep sub on the floor. Currently using onboard audio, will shift to an Alien DAC by next week.

Haha I did not expect that as well. Then again this is the first "new" set of speakers Ive bought since my MX5021 and maybe I did not expect it

I had a 2 inch riser for the monitor which I removed for aesthetic reasons. I have a feeling the speakers will come under it, or make the stand just high enough for the speakers to slot in below the monitors. I can then move the sub next to right speaker. Oh well another thing to do in the list!

space is tight, cant really keep sub on the floor. Currently using onboard audio, will shift to an Alien DAC by next week.

Before building a stand or moving stuff around, just place it in front of the monitor and see if there is a real improvement. Otherwise you can leave it where it is under the desk.

Before building a stand or moving stuff around, just place it in front of the monitor and see if there is a real improvement. Otherwise you can leave it where it is under the desk.
I need a stand for sure, the monitor is too low. I was using 2 inch risers (ahem..packaging tape rolls :p) before the rearrangement.

I went thru and finally did the carpentry work needed to fit the chieftec under the table, the slot was earlier made for those generic PC cases from 2003. You can see the ghetto monitor stand here

Wex2gfg.jpg

This is how cramped it was before, I low key dont want to go back and have a wide empty desk instead moving on

EJ37Zkk.jpg

Congrats. I also have same M10 speakers in same white color for my desktop. My subwoofer is on the table itself. I use it with a cheap PCM2704 DAC and it sounds great to my ears (but I am not an audiophile). :)

Looks nice too!

AxQsZrP.jpg

Is your right speakers tweeter cone pushed in?

Also, as you said, the DAC would improve the sound a whole lot, i was running them from an Essence STX, was pretty good to listen to

Can confirm, former (still lying in storage) M10 owner here. The Sub isnt really a sub, its a low-mid fill. Sounds immensely better when kept on the desk.

Ooooh, ribbon tweeters !

How do they compare to the m10s? wrt a) music and b) movies

Those are studio monitors designed to sound flat and neutral, not exactly the best for movies or games.
Flat and neutral makes all the flaws in tracks more prominent, great for production and mixing ofc.

I was wondering if a flat frequency response would be better than a V-shaped one for movies, specifically dialogue, especially since there's no dedicated center speaker.

I should probably be more specific when i say movies, coz it's probably usually assumed to be flashy action scenes with explosions etc.

I should also probably start a new thread rather than clutter elsewhere...

I was wondering if a flat frequency response would be better than a V-shaped one for movies, specifically dialogue, especially since there's no dedicated center speaker.

I should probably be more specific when i say movies, coz it's probably usually assumed to be flashy action scenes with explosions etc.

Depending on your budget they aren't the best even for listening to certain genres of music, I've gone through a pair of BX5 D2's and Rokit G3's and I'd never recommend them only for media consumption, you're better off with a 2.1 system like the Z623.

Back