The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Where?? I registered my interest in March for all the gpus :D, haven't got any mails yet.
All GPUS? then probably you wont get any as they detected you as a scalper..:joycat:
After more than 2 months of struggle including RMA, replacements and returns, finally I got something stable.

View attachment 117878
36k worth of mobo? Man whats your entire setup specs.. and was this the original purchased model or got in rma as an upgrade?

then probably you wont get any as they detected you as a scalper..:joycat:
Going by posts on reddit about scalping and backdoor deals by rptech, I should've gotten mail back in March then.

Anyways, I meant all except 3090 (later 3080ti too) ofcourse. That is where I draw the line. :cool:

36k worth of mobo? Man whats your entire setup specs.. and was this the original purchased model or got in rma as an upgrade?
Which board did you have before this? the unstable one.
First purchase - MSI B550 Unify X , RMAe'd. Replacement not available - refund processed.
Second attempt - MSI X570 Unify, Faulty - replacement from Amazon.
Didn't opened the replacement, refunded.
I searched a lot for this Unify -X but can't find it.
Third purchase - Aorus Master X570S

Here are my specs -
Aorus master X570S
Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16
Asus Phoenix 1050ti
Samsung Evo Plus 970 2TB x 2
WD SN750 1TB x 1
WD SN700 500GB x 1 From old system.

All four m.2 populated, running without a HDD.
2 of these Evo's are in Raid 0

Capture.JPG

Please don't ask for the processor as I'm using 4650G and can't take advantage of PCIE 4.0, though I'm using 3rd Gen ssd's but perfomance is like Gen 4

P_20211022_171418.jpg

P_20211022_171425.jpg

First purchase - MSI B550 Unify X , RMAe'd. Replacement not available - refund processed.

Here are my specs -
Aorus master X570S
Asus Phoenix 1050ti
WD SN750 1TB x 1

View attachment 117895

Please don't ask for the processor as I'm using 4650G and can't take advantage of PCIE 4.0, though I'm using 3rd Gen ssd's but perfomance is like Gen 4

View attachment 117896

View attachment 117897
All my gigabytes have been rock stable for years. A giga fanbuoi here lol. Enjoy your rig now.

Last edited:
All my gigabytes have been rock stable for years. A giga fanbuoi here lol. Good you can finally your rig now.
This was my first attempt with MSI (I'm done with it, atleast for now) & Gigabyte , earlier it was always Asus.
Initially I was planning for B550 Aorus Master but after so much criticism about Gigabyte, I changed my decision to MSI which didn't worked out.
MSI should seriously focus on QC department. I mean both MSI boards were very good but faulty, I even liked the BIOS interface more than Gigabyte or Asus.

This was my first attempt with MSI (I'm done with it, atleast for now) & Gigabyte , earlier it was always Asus.
Initially I was planning for B550 Aorus Master but after so much criticism about Gigabyte, I changed my decision to MSI which didn't worked out.
MSI should seriously focus on QC department. I mean both MSI boards were very good but faulty, I even liked the BIOS interface more than Gigabyte or Asus.
Where and what was the criticism?

Don't go with MSI though it's RMA might have improved because for their B450 chipset boards they have provided lite bioses because the latest Bios needs 128MB chips and their B450 boards does not have them.
What the heck they could not forsee about the upcoming board requirements and their own X570 or X470 boards requirements.
It's just sheer recklessness and miserly Ness on their part due to which I have to suffer a lot so decided to go with Asrock B550 board and its bios is rock solid. No problem what so ever even though it's a medium end board.

Just for Qc issues, since that gigabyte psu's sparking video has gone viral. some other's also shared their stories and reviews of faulty components.
All this made me skeptical for no obvious reason.
Don't go with MSI though it's RMA might have improved because for their B450 chipset boards they have provided lite bioses because the latest Bios needs 128MB chips and their B450 boards does not have them.
What the heck they could not forsee about the upcoming board requirements and their own X570 or X470 boards requirements.
It's just sheer recklessness and miserly Ness on their part due to which I have to suffer a lot so decided to go with Asrock B550 board and its bios is rock solid. No problem what so ever even though it's a medium end board.
may be in some other cities, but I too've gone through this MSI RMA process and it's pathetic, moreover service center is not in my city so it was even amazing experience I'd.

Better than Belkin and all individual on off switches. Love these.
Just for Qc issues, since that gigabyte psu's sparking video has gone viral. some other's also shared their stories and reviews of faulty components.
All this made me skeptical for no obvious reason.

may be in some other cities, but I too've gone through this MSI RMA process and it's pathetic, moreover service center is not in my city so it was even amazing experience I'd.
Gigabyte don't make the best PSUs but they are innovators in the mobo tech. AFAIR they were the ones to come up with solid caps more than decade ago. Not all products by good brands are good. Some are good at something some bad. Even good brands. There is one video of a corsair RM psu catching fire. I don't trust these videos. Even if they are genuine failures can happen anytime with anything :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_194125.jpg
    IMG_20211022_194125.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20211022_194143.jpg
    IMG_20211022_194143.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20211022_194158.jpg
    IMG_20211022_194158.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211022_194212.jpg
    IMG_20211022_194212.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20211022_194225.jpg
    IMG_20211022_194225.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Gigabyte don't make the best PSUs but they are innovators in the mobo tech. AFAIR they were the ones to come up with solid caps more than decade ago. Not all products by good brands are good. Some are good at something some bad. Even good brands.
But only 6 sockets max, would've been nicer if they made 8 socket version.

Here are my specs -
Aorus master X570S
Asus Phoenix 1050ti
WD SN750 1TB x 1

View attachment 117895

View attachment 117896

View attachment 117897
Cool! and you forgot to list processor..what gen/series.

Gigabyte don't make the best PSUs but they are innovators in the mobo tech. AFAIR they were the ones to come up with solid caps more than decade ago. Not all products by good brands are good. Some are good at something some bad. Even good brands. There is one video of a corsair RM psu catching fire. I don't trust these videos. Even if they are genuine failures can happen anytime with anything :)
which spike guard model???

Back