The "Everyday" show-off thread !

I tried to use NT H1 on my MSI laptop since it was heating too much on its left side but I lost few of its screws and my laptop also does not have proper warranty so got worried to let any PC Repair man to touch it.

Well I’m using on my Clevo from last 3 years and its work great. Its depends how the paste is touch between the surface. And my machine runs hotter than yours.

Used NT-H1 on my older Nitro 7 with GTX 1650 and i7 9750H, worked like a charm - temps were down by 15C post repaste, but unfortunately they were back to the older temps within 6 months. May be because of the way the cooler is designed, or maybe because of the paste. So I just repasted it again :p

Heater chamber: Aquael 250W FTW.

Heater.jpg

Ryzen 4500U
16GB RAM
512SSD
1TB HDD
14", 1.3kg
Comes with win11, win office and a bag.
Pickup it from Reliance Digital yesterday for 87k with insurance and extended warranty.
It will remain on windows
I’m making up my mind to buy this. please tell me how is the battery life under web browsing like tasks. is it 14” or 13.3”? how are the thermals under normal use?

I’m making up my mind to buy this. please tell me how is the battery life under web browsing like tasks. is it 14” or 13.3”? how are the thermals under normal use?
It's 13.3". I stand corrected.
It's brightness goes up to a whopping 1000nits, so if you go easy on the brightness part I think it can do 8hrs easy. However, I haven't had a chance to dry out the battery completely; Yet.
Thermals are fine too. Bought it for it's display so haven't had a chance to put it's paddle to the metal.

I got one too, pictured here with the gang

6DCD6u7.jpg
Ive tried Thermal grizzly , MX-4 as well as Arctic silver 3, theyre pretty good but my favorite TIM or thermal paste would always be kingpin KPX, easy to apply, lasts long and you see good thermal differences.

With the thermal pads ive had a great experience with Gelids over the generic ones out there , after using those in my GPU under the GPU Block and active backplate , i was able to bring down 25-30 degrees on the VRAM Tjunction temps, im not much of a miner but yeah, thats what it is

but my favorite TIM or thermal paste would always be kingpin KPX, easy to apply, lasts long and you see good thermal differences
I've also ordered the same for my 3080, let's hope this one works. Mx-4 is deteriorating very fast, like in 20 days I get core temp increase by 5 degrees and Hotspot by 10 degrees. Not sure what's casing this fast temp increase.

If kingpin also doesn't work then my last hope would be watercooling.

I've also ordered the same for my 3080, let's hope this one works. Mx-4 is deteriorating very fast, like in 20 days I get core temp increase by 5 degrees and Hotspot by 10 degrees. Not sure what's casing this fast temp increase.

If kingpin also doesn't work then my last hope would be watercooling.
for GPU you will never go wrong with Gelids, my friends have used thermalright stuff and theyve had good experience though the temps werent as good as with Gelids (Like for a like comparison, Same GPU different times) as Gelids werent available for quite sometime he had to go with thermal right, im yet to try the thermal grizzly thermal pads though heard theyre pretty good too.

Bringing down temps shouldnt be an issue with 3080 as the VRAM chips are on only one side (bottom), where as on 3090 the VRAM chips are on both the sides top and bottom which causes higher VRAM temps.

Bringing down temps shouldnt be an issue with 3080 as the VRAM chips are on only one side (bottom)
VRAM temps are not an issue anymore since I replaced pads with gelid extreme. They stay within 85 degrees now. Gelid pads proved to be very good.

It's the core and Hotspot temps which have been giving issues. After thermal paste application the temps stay good for around 20 days and then starts increasing gradually.
I've reapplied Mx-4, 6 times now. Have used all application methods.

Kingpin kpx is my next hope.

Ive tried Thermal grizzly , MX-4 as well as Arctic silver 3, theyre pretty good but my favorite TIM or thermal paste would always be kingpin KPX, easy to apply, lasts long and you see good thermal differences.
I don't know why I even bought this noctua. Impulse buy I guess. I'm happy using liquid metal for both CPU and GPU.

Back