Graphic Cards The final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anish

Skilled
I have had enough, and I have wasted 9 days of my life trying to decide which Graphic card to purchase. I need to buy it within a week so I have to make up my mind now.

One last time guys, please, please help me out.

It is the LEADTEK 6800LE or GAINWARD 6600 GT GLH ?

I am more inclined to buying the 6800 LE because of its 256-bit memory interface and I am quite sure that more pipes will be unlockable. This is another link for the 6800LE.

Give me your views one last time, and then I can safely say that everybody at TE helped me buy my rig :D

If ur gonna go unlocking way ....sure thr's a hope of u getting a better card.......but still as posted in the othr threads the unlocked 12pp in comparison to 6600gt is smewht about same.....its just the 256-bit memory interface...

Also with the 6800LE you will be getting normal ddr memory and with the gainward 6600GT glh you will be getting Gddr3 memory with guaranteed overclockability. So my vote still goes for the 6600GT for reliable performance out of the box, although if you want to take some chances then go ahead with the 6800LE and try unlocking it.

Mate, if you have seen the reviews posted earlier you might have noticed similar performance between a 6800 NU and a 6600 GT with 6800 doing better in Pixel hungry games, and 6600 GT doing better in texture heavy games. 6800LE at stocks would be bad + A big factor I will look at is warranty, if gainward offers 3 years warranty take it blindly.

Aces170 said:
A big factor I will look at is warranty, if gainward offers 3 years warranty take it blindly.

Both Gainward and Leadtek offer 3-year warranty.

Now is it true that unlocking pipes makes the card unstable at times ?

Also does this void warranty ?

Also does this void warranty ?
Technically it does void warranty but thats if they find out.

Very much possible, as they might be closing off bad pipes in 6800 NU and might be selling as 6800 LE, infact a lot of 9800se were sold these ways 50% to be exact.

~HeadShot~ said:
Go for the GAINWARD 6600 GT GLH. Period.

I think I will do that. Safe and secure, with very good OC'ing capabilities.

Can anyone who ownes this card give me some first hand info on the performance.

Also which games are bundled with it.

The guys at Mediatech are quoting Rs. 11,750 + 4% VAT. Is this fine ?

Its a very good price for a Gainward card.. XFX will be cheaper but I would prefer Gainward or Gigabyte over it anyday

anishcool said:

Yup go for it, besides the golden sample sports VIVO capabilities also, the bundle consists of windvd5 and driver cd with expertool, no games i think. and the price is just right.....

What about the Leadtek Winfast A6600 GT TDH ? Same specs. Will check price. They are offering me home delivery in Goa and payment by cheque after delivery.

This is very important, as I will not have to dispatch the payment and sit and cross my fingers that it arrives. I can even ask them to install and test the card before I pay.

Whatever the performance it offers, this is a one-of -its-kind offer.

3-year warranty with SC : PT and POP : SOT bundled. What more to ask for ?

The performance offered by it is also amongst the best ! The cooling is also amongst the better ones and the game bundle looks sweet. This would be my next choice after the gainward ;)

Yeah, all right! Considering the software bundle, and most importantly, peace of mind, I'd say the Leadtek one is your best bet after Gainward!

what abt rma,if you get hassels,is it locally available ,xfx may be though

does xfx come with 3games?
mine has 7august 2004 or sometin writtne on box.

hardboy said:
what abt rma,if you get hassels,is it locally available ,xfx may be though

does xfx come with 3games?
mine has 7august 2004 or sometin writtne on box.
He can always send it back if something goes wrong although it will cost him shipping. XFX comes with 3 games afaik nascar 2004, commandoes 3 and X2.

@anishcool :Usually the Mediatech's Delhi Branch guys want to make that extra 4% for themselves.. All the taxes r incl. in their MRP ; in other words 11750 shud b the final price that u shud pay & there shouldn b any tax over it...

anishcool said:

The prices are very very high.
It should be around 10250 + vat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back