Graphic Cards The final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
acording to a well known theory.. the software always comes first then the hardware doesn`t it.. so why worry?? .. the next gen cards would definately take good advantage of SS 3.0 won`t it..

The XBIT labs have tested with a slower AGP 6600 GT and older set of drivers, I dont think in any game will a 6600 GT will be slower then a 9800 pro. Also SM 3.0 gives a negligible performance upgrade as was evident with Farcry where ATI yet holds the forte. IQ wise ATI yet has an edge in AA and AF.

acording to a well known theory.. the software always comes first then the hardware doesn`t it.. so why worry?? .. the next gen cards would definately take good advantage of SS 3.0 won`t it..

Yes they will but for them to release a game with normal mapping, as well as dynamic branching features they require the hardware, which Nvidia cards just support on paper.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying Nvidia has a bad series, infact they have a very solid series with awesome SM 2.0 performance, SM 3.0 performance is yet not upto the mark.

Nvidia has also priced their product perfectly now at 150$ nothing comes close to a 6600 GT.

I am literally ROFLing reading this thread ! I can't belive I created it :ashamed:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back