Audio The first pair of IEM's your bought??

raksrules said:
What is with this UE TF 10 with silver cable as Ryan mentioned, Blue cable as Faheem mentioned ?? :S

What is the difference ??

Btw my first In-ears were actually Sony ericsson HPM-70 which had come with my w800i. I almost forgot those.
The stock cables which come bundled with TF10 doesnt have proper fit, as in doesnt sit behind ear and is prone to damage as it has memory, Hence a custom cable is required

Different cables have different signature, for eg : silver cable is made up of silver , every metal has its own sound characteristics in my case, More forward mids as tf10 used to lack a tad bit on mids for me

raksrules said:
What is with this UE TF 10 with silver cable as Ryan mentioned, Blue cable as Faheem mentioned ?? :S

What is the difference ??

Btw my first In-ears were actually Sony ericsson HPM-70 which had come with my w800i. I almost forgot those.

Well, to audio noob's like me the only justification for buying a new cable for TF10 would be as the one that comes with it is pathetic.

To others, it allegedly provides improvements in SQ, same case with amps/DACs as they too are considered by many to provide certain characteristics to the sound one hears.

bennysachdev said:
Ultimate Ears TF10-pro with the Twilight cable.
eternoMind said:
Seriously.. your first were the UE TF10s.
Nice :).

I used the Sennheiser LX-90 before but that wasn't an In ear monitor exactly, it was just a standard earphone. Thanks to toxicdrift & TE's market section, I got a great deal from zoheb for the TF10's. Which was later followed by the CK10 and then the SM3 from Jaben in Singapore.
The jump to a tf10 as the first iem was simple and logical. I had tried plenty of iems from my friends, the ep630, sony's bundled iems which come with their walkman phones, and my brother's panasonic(can't remember what model number but it was for some 1200-1500 range),etc. I knew exactly what I din't want from them, which evidently shined through like a gleaming light after trying the TF10's.

about 70% people here bought Ep630 and I never got a chance to use/hear them..... I bought my IEM's in this flow:

Some Chinese -> iBall 252 -> Sony Fantopia (MDR ED12LP) -> LG Ones I got free with my phone(I love them today also because they are too rough and tough with good sound) -> Klipsch Images s2 (Sold within 2 days because according to me they were sounding faint and didnt meet my bass requirements) and now Finally -> Nuforce NE-6 (The most awesome IEM's i have ever heard till date)

Image S4.

They were my first IEMs. I tried various IEMs before that but never bought them.
I just loved the S4.

WHERE ARE THEY !!?? ( someone must take a notice to this comment :p )

^^ defacto.. Image S4...

although first earphone was ep 630 but after knowing what exactly a 'IEM' is i can say it was Image S4. :D

Back