The Fitness Thread !

re: The Fitness Thread !

^Most the fruits are good for us. For me two apples makes me feel full sometimes even one :lol: .

^^ Yup i have stocked apples and few oranges at my home. So yes apples it is for now :)

Heck, why don't we get watermelons all year round :mad:

Never heard of someone eating fruits in dinner... they have sugar.. not a good idea... have fruits in the morning with healthy carbs (oats), protein (eggs) minerals (green leafy vegatables spinach etc) and some fruits.. apple is good so is papaya. Have vegatables in dinner... soups are best... google "supper"

raksrules said:
Which fruits to prefer if i opt for "fruits dinner". Till few days back i was having watermelon at night but now as the season or i has gone i have to search for alternatives.

Any suggestions ?

^^ But soups we usually get are those packaged ones right ?? Alternatives ??

Btw i also sometimes have boiled corn with some salt / mirchi added but without any sort of butter etc. Is that ok ??

Actually i want to have the dinner as the lightest meal. So what else can i eat ?? Strictly vegetarian.

U r in the world of non-veg eaters.... eat fish/animal protein. Don't u have access to raw vegatables? U can make soup @ home. Errr i eat boiled chicken breasts with the same water it is boiled in.. it is like a soup.

raksrules said:
^^ But soups we usually get are those packaged ones right ?? Alternatives ??

Btw i also sometimes have boiled corn with some salt / mirchi added but without any sort of butter etc. Is that ok ??

My gym doesnot have a damn power rack, it is getting difficult cleaning heavy weight on my back off the floor!!!! i might've have to start exercising @ home. Will attempt 50kgs squat today, have to clean the damn weight also! I avoid the smith machine. Gym doesnot allow inverted rows on as mith which is rated to handle 300kgs weight :lol: dayam! Have to switch over to bent over rows!

^^ Post updated....strictly vegetarian and yes raw vegetables we do get. But i dont know how to make soup out of it.

Btw any other way to eat raw veggies.

Are google for fast home soup recipies. it is easy... believe it or not since childhood i have hated spinach, but i have decided to have it everyday, it is cheap and very good leafy vegatable.... (might vomit i hate it so much :()

When i started being regular to the gym i stopped alcohol consumption from multiple times a week to once every 2 months, changed all eating habits (not drastically) i used to hate eating oatmeal because of its blank taste... after some time my taste buds prolly got used to the new diet and it had become my fav meal rofl! later i found Rs. 17 vanilla essense so it's not a problem now. If u don;t like blank taste of soups u can add MDH masalas for flavour (just a litle bit for taste!) I add garam masala to the chicken breast/soup with some chille and salt.

raksrules said:
^^ Post updated....strictly vegetarian and yes raw vegetables we do get. But i dont know how to make soup out of it.

salluks said:
am 5'7/8 and weigh about 78 kgs..
i cannot run fast/long cos of shin splits.

what can u guys suggest me?..

thats because not on ur weight , its been long time u done hard work - u have gradually increase in running start up with 15min of running for first week then 30min running on second week & then continue like that u ll gain energy + confidence .

take enough protein daily 3 egg whites + whey protein .

hey rocky wats your view abt AST VP2 ?? i know NITRO is over priced but i get it directly frm US so it aint that bad for my pocket :)

raksrules said:

Hey Raks , why not try steaming those veggies , i too am a strict vegetarian.
I have followed steamed veggie diet at night for last few weeks and it seems to work nice.

U want to add flavour to ur veggies just add some low sodium chinese sauces which i guess would be easy for u to find. ;)

Also u can get an electric steamer too but a simple gas steaming process would be enough or even in a microwave.

See if it works for u.

^^ Okies...let me try this now. Btw what all veggies you have by steaming them and when you say steaming what exactly you do ???

I BOIL chicken breast. To steam we need a small steamer... tibitain dishes like momos are made in those small portable steamers. Its just that steamed food has maximum nutritional value.

raksrules said:
^^ Okies...let me try this now. Btw what all veggies you have by steaming them and when you say steaming what exactly you do ???

Back