The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Good for old people.

raksrules said:
Can anyone tell me if climbing stairs is considered as a good form of exercise ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I eat whatever i can. Diet is not good, infact not 1/5th of what the experts suggest. I have achived these stats earlier in dec 2010 so working on muscle memory not really progressed much overall. A pic after some months perhaps.

dragonball said:
@Rockfella: can you post a pic of yours (face masked out), just want to see how you are built up. (you can PM if u want)

Rockfella said:
Nothing can get more VFM than buying suputo 15 KGS (33lbs for 10-11k)
That will be totally out of my budget! :p

I have read a lot of reviews and Myofusion sounds good to me, it has more calories too as compared to others that will help me with little fat too and i wouldn't mind that.

Still i would like to hear from regular whey using people, please come forward.

Even at lower lbs Saputo is best VFM. Don't worry about calories, for that have whole milk. Nothing beats that. Don't go after labels, saputo is like the "OEM" of many whey manufacturers ;) Bear in mind you ideally should have whey regularly, one/two boxes won't turn you into Greg Plitt in two months. GOMAD and strength increase can definitely do some little magic.

H_D said:
That will be totally out of my budget! :p

I have read a lot of reviews and Myofusion sounds good to me, it has more calories too as compared to others that will help me with little fat too and i wouldn't mind that.

Still i would like to hear from regular whey using people, please come forward.

Diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I'm fked for the foreseeable future, not yet sure if it is permanent.

I started doing tricep dips about a couple of weeks ago and I'm guessing that is the cause. I used an outward grip on the bench, apparently that is the wrong way and causes hyper extension.

comp@ddict said:
what does it lead ti?

I just exercise at home, has done wonders for a 17 year old's body, I'm impressed at myself to be frank.
Permanent disability of the affected finger(s). Constant pain which ironically does not qualify for any pain meds.

Rockfella said:
Even at lower lbs Saputo is best VFM. Don't worry about calories, for that have whole milk. Nothing beats that. Don't go after labels, saputo is like the "OEM" of many whey manufacturers ;) Bear in mind you ideally should have whey regularly, one/two boxes won't turn you into Greg Plitt in two months. GOMAD and strength increase can definitely do some little magic.
I read few posts by you and others in this thread regarding saputo. Only thing thats setting me back if that saputo/hilmar really legit stuff? Thats my only worry here.

One more thing, my cousin bought ON 100% Whey Gold Standard 5.15 lbs @ 4800 from religare/smartnutrition yesterday and vnc/lbnutrition is selling it at 3300. Is there something fishy here or smartnutrition/religare is just a premium retail shop for rich people who won't shelling out extras.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sg3707 said:
Few of my friends had good results with Myofusion. Better try that first.
Thanks i will keep it on top of my list for now but more views are welcome. :)

a few days back I got ON Gold Standard 10lb @ 6650 here in bangalore. It's been working great for me so far. It has a fair amount of BCAA and Glutamine which is why i opted for it. The down side is the cost, @ 5 scoops a day it just lasts me a month :(

You finished off 4.5kgs of whey in a month? 5 scoops a day is too much. Food should be top priority. Whey works best post workout.

soumalidon said:
a few days back I got ON Gold Standard 10lb @ 6650 here in bangalore. It's been working great for me so far. It has a fair amount of BCAA and Glutamine which is why i opted for it. The down side is the cost, @ 5 scoops a day it just lasts me a month :(

Its not overkill at all. I follow gram per body weight basis. The remainder of my protein which i don't get from supplements i get from food. Being vegetarian its quiet difficult to get all my proteins from food alone. Typically u should consume ~25g protein per meal and 6-7 meals a day. Im currently on 7 meals a day @ 180g protein and 3200 calories. Diet is way more important than lifting 1000 pounds and eating peanuts.

^Funny you mentioned peanuts, for the past two days i am living on peanut butter and roasted peanuts :lol: (thanks to my depressed state of mind :p)

Guys, have a question. I consume 32gram of peanut butter daily for the past two years, more like addiction. Generally have it for breakfast mixed with milk & oats or with whole wheat bread. So far no issues, i workout 4 to 5 days per week. Will there be any issues with regards to my addiction on a long term basis ?

No its fine :p I love peanut butter too. You might have problems later on when u stop working out coz peanut butter does have a fair amount of fat

soumalidon said:
Its not overkill at all. I follow gram per body weight basis. The remainder of my protein which i don't get from supplements i get from food. Being vegetarian its quiet difficult to get all my proteins from food alone. Typically u should consume ~25g protein per meal and 6-7 meals a day. Im currently on 7 meals a day @ 180g protein and 3200 calories. Diet is way more important than lifting 1000 pounds and eating peanuts.
Regarding your point about the difficulty in getting enough protein being a vegetarian, i have an interesting post from Jason Ferrugia, who is a strength coach and writes some excellent articles. Mind you he is saying about vegans who dont even drink milk. You being vegetarian have an option of milk.

Vegan Muscle Building: Is it Possible?

Back