The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Yes. Yes. Yes.

big.bad.boi said:
[quote name='Rockfella']I'll have to write 10 pages on it. If u trust me just follow 5x5 or do whatever suits u.

u mean to say 5x5? no one major muscle group per day?

Went to a Competition to see the Mr Karnataka and to accompany my friend who got third place....

Here are the two best

ifajo7.jpg

160y7uu.jpg

Can you predict who has won the competition??

I was in this thread 2 years ago when i was 19 and did gym for 2 months. I gained weight of about 4-5kgs in that period. Due tight schedule of studies i had to leave gym.

But i am back into gym now, i am 21 also now hah. I have been doing gym from past 6 weeks and my weight before joining gym was 54kgs (my height is 5ft7in).

I did normal gymming in first month, going to gym 3/4 days a week and giving body rest every alternate day but from this week i am following "scott herman's" bodybuilding tutorials from youtube.

Pros please tell me if whatever i was doing till was ok or wrong? I have just added - 2 glasses banana shake, 1 glass milk (at night) and oatmeal breakfast in my normal diet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am purely looking for muscle gain.

There is also one thing which annoys me at the gym, when i do ads (which i do twice a week), people come and say that you are already thin, if you will get abs earlier you won't get mass in later stage. I guess this is totally wrong.

Rockfella said:
^Very hard to gain pure muscle.
Rocky ji, can you please elaborate a bit on which part that reply was and can you recommend me what to follow if you have any suggestions please? My first aim is to gain as much weight as possible but i don't want to be a fatty lol. Actually i eat quite good but i have never been able to gain any weight (without gym), even fat and my body is very athletic, have been into sports a lot since my childhood.
Yesterday when i was doing my back exercise, by mistake i think i hurt my back, dont know how it happened because i never caused any problem to my body in gym but somehow it did. The pain is still there, in the lower back on left side. Is it going to get fine or can it be serious?

Rockfella said:
All your answers are in this thread. Take time out and read it.
That was a lot of help, thanks!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Started from page 60, read each and every post and took me around 2-3 hours. Thanks for all the discussion. I will be following 5x5 too from now onwards.

I got the answers to all my questions except my back problem which i faced yesterday only. I just would like to know if its serious or what, can it be cured by 2-3 days rest or i should take a long rest now?

I do lots of cardio exercises treadmill, cycling, stepers etc. Many times i get severe cramps in legs(calves) due to this. According to WikiPedia they often occur due to muscle fatigue, low sodium, and low potassium. apart from that I getNocturnal leg cramps sometimes.

Did anyone else face this problem?

The back should be good before you break it again doing 5x5. let it heal before you hit the weights again. Don't change a thing in 5x5. First you need to find a gym which had a power rack and 1.25 kg weight plates. Not easy. Good luck hunting. If u can't find one don't modify 5x5, do some other programme. To gain weight you have to eat a lot more than you do right now. Training alone won't make it happen no matter how hard you train.

H_D said:
That was a lot of help, thanks! Started from page 60, read each and every post and took me around 2-3 hours. Thanks for all the discussion. I will be following 5x5 too from now onwards. I got the answers to all my questions except my back problem which i faced yesterday only. I just would like to know if its serious or what, can it be cured by 2-3 days rest or i should take a long rest now?
This is because you are a cardio bunny. Don't waste time/energy doing only LISS (Light intensity steady state cardio). Do some real man stuff like squats, deadlift, bench and overhead. Imo LISS is boring/ worst part : all the stamina you develop doing LISS is rapidly lost if you ever have to give a break due to unavoidable circumstances (marriage/job/ ----- insert your excuse here).

Gaurish said:
I do lots of cardio exercises treadmill, cycling, stepers etc. Many times i get severe cramps in legs(calves) due to this. According to WikiPedia they often occur due to muscle fatigue, low sodium, and low potassium. apart from that I getNocturnal leg cramps sometimes. Did anyone else face this problem?

Rockfella said:
The back should be good before you break it again doing 5x5. let it heal before you hit the weights again. Don't change a thing in 5x5. First you need to find a gym which had a power rack and 1.25 kg weight plates. Not easy. Good luck hunting. If u can't find one don't modify 5x5, do some other programme. To gain weight you have to eat a lot more than you do right now. Training alone won't make it happen no matter how hard you train.

It's much better now, feels like normal. I hope you remember at once i mentioned going to 1300rs/pm wala gym and i also told that i have 200rs walla gym too close to my house, plus i have to spend 20rs everyday on rickshaw to reach that gym, 1300rs waala.

But now i am in this 200rs waala gym, its ok ok, best thing is that i have my friend as a spotter, same i do for him but but but this gym doesn't have power rack nor 1.25kgs plate, damn!

Yes i remember. If you want fastest growth that will change you and your body find a gym with a power rack and 1.25 kg weight plates and follow 5x5. Read about how to do these exercises because if not done properly these are very dangerous too. Use your head more than ego. If somehow u can't find what i said, do more "big" exercises like: Deadlifts, bench bench, push-ups, barbell rows, pull-ups, chin-ups, bar dips instead of dumbell curls/tricep extensions and stay away from machines no matter what your trainer says.

1. If you get strong things will follow.

2. You can't get strong overnight/strength gains don't happen in leaps and bounds, its a slow procedure so add little weight on the bar as and when u can.

3. Eat good food every 3-4 hours with protein in almost all meals. Whole milk will give you a steroid effect as u r starting out + little fat gain if u drink crazy amounts.

4. If you want pure muscle you'll progress very slow and most people don't reach anywhere trying to build "pure muscle".

5. The ONLY exercise you need a spotter is bench press. Overhead press, deads, chins, pulls, rows, dips are done WITHOUT spotting.

6. Don't rely on a partner mentally. I don't think you can find a good one unless you know someone who has same goals like yours and can ALWAYS workout with you.

7. Try to get strong, if you lift the same weight for months NOTHING will happen no matter what you do/what super food you eat.

8. Read forums/get info about how to do these exercises properly. You and only you are responsible for whatever happens to you. This includes amazing strength/muscle gains OR listening to your ego and breaking your back :p

H_D said:
It's much better now, feels like normal. I hope you remember at once i mentioned going to 1300rs/pm wala gym and i also told that i have 200rs walla gym too close to my house, plus i have to spend 20rs everyday on rickshaw to reach that gym, 1300rs waala. But now i am in this 200rs waala gym, its ok ok, best thing is that i have my friend as a spotter, same i do for him but but but this gym doesn't have power rack nor 1.25kgs plate, damn!

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the details :p

I am curious about this but what happens if someone doesn't go to gym and consume whey protein everyday?

Nothing much.

H_D said:

I am curious about this but what happens if someone doesn't go to gym and consume whey protein everyday?

H_D said:

pradeep200417 said:
^^ Excess would be Excreted. :p
not just excreted , but also it will be converted ultimately into fat if u take in excess without exercising , u wont build muscles eating whey protein alone and no weigh training!

life is not that simple buddy :bleh:

wat is protein - its another form of energy only i;e kcal , 1 g protein = 4kcal , all excess wud be converted to fat

True. Plus its a costly affair to have whey to that extent.

MohitPreet said:
not just excreted , but also it will be converted ultimately into fat if u take in excess without exercising , u wont build muscles eating whey protein alone and no weigh training!

wat is protein - its another form of energy only i;e kcal , 1 g protein = 4kcal , all excess wud be converted to fat

MohitPreet said:

Ahh thanks for the info!

I didn't brought up this question because i wanted an easy route for achieving muscles but i was curious if it can eventually cause any harmful effects to our body.

Don't worry, you'll have to make efforts to eat bare proteins, having so much to affect health (In a bad way way) won't happen.

H_D said:
Ahh thanks for the info!

I didn't brought up this question because i wanted an easy route for achieving muscles but i was curious if it can eventually cause any harmful effects to our body.

Back