The Fitness Thread !

^^Will PM you the xray , will try and take some pics asap.

Apart from it. The swelling is in the leg bone opposite the cafl
54645.gif
(around tibia bone IINM from the image)

CbuDB.jpg

Thanks for the reply #[member='medpal'] , will try and send you xrays asap.

can u post or pm me ur x-ray and also can u take a picture of the soft tissue swelling over the skin, just to see wat it looks like from surface

if you mean to lose weight then NO, this is mostly use to cleanse your GI tract, and mostly practice and recommended by Indian dietitians. may be it helps indirectly no research on this.

its mostly the way one diet i.e achieving negative calorie balance, rather than the method of training in losing weight, but again a holistic approach is needed

I know a negative calorie diet is needed to lose weight, but if you just sit at home and eat nothing you'll probably lose more muscle than fat. HIIT or interval training is effective at losing fat and not muscles, that's why it's recommended.

I know a negative calorie diet is needed to lose weight, but if you just sit at home and eat nothing you'll probably lose more muscle than fat. HIIT or interval training is effective at losing fat and not muscles, that's why it's recommended.
A small of muscle will be lost even if you engage in serious strength training while on negative diet, however it will be more if one is solely on negative diet,there is no method of strength training that is effective in preserving muscles completely while on a negative diet, whether is it HIIT, interval, bulgarian power system, thats why i say a holistic approach is the best method

Wrong.

There are diets which help you cut weight while keeping the muscle mass constant. But that requires weight training. But yes,some amount of muscle is lost in any case. the idea is to exercise so gains and loss of muscle balance them selves.

I never said you won't lose muscles at all, but that HIIT is proven to be effective at targeting fat loss more compared to just jogging.

The best way to weight loss is strength training, plus HIIT if possible, plus a carb-cycle high protein diet.

P.S. - On another topic, anyone from Bangalore here near Jayanagar area? I can't find a gym with proper squat/power rack. Everywhere I go they show me the smith machine or leg press when asked about where to do free squats. It's so disappointing to have all the machines but no proper arrangement to do squats or any olympic presses.

Actually hiit on a negative diet can be quiet a burden on the CNS. Make sure you have the largest meal of the day an hour before the workout! Preferably say at 5 if you have the work out at 6. Thats what i do. Though i dont have any flab except a beer belly.
<

I have this shivering problem. Whenever i shout with anger on anyone. My heartbeat increases too badly and i shiver a bit i manage to control myself somehow. And suppose if i get shocked by spontaneous Incident my whole body shivers. Which doctor should i consult? Did anyone noticed this thing in any one?

Anger is an emotional outburst so its absolutely logical that your hearbeat increases, and many people also observe mile tremors (what you call shivering). Its a normal body phenomenon.

If you get angry very often and quickly and keep on creating situations with every one around you need to undergo counseling.

Otherwise I dont feel any thing wrong with your situation, still if you insist as I said you need to consult a psychiatrist.

thanks for your reply! I usually stay cool 80% of the times. I loose my cool when someone is acting unfair to me. Still i decided to practise few pranayam to control my anger and stay cool mentally.

#[member='medpal'] Tremors due to cold weather are too much. Any suggestion?

Avoid cardio at gym, sometimes its too boring. Buy a geared bike, something like a hero ranger x-sport or a btwin 5.0 for around 5 to 10 k and cycle long distances daily :)

Guys what workouts can be done at home. I am planning to get my refund from the new gym I had joined. Anyways i do pushups, situps and skipping. Have a 2.5kg dumbell but it's darn light for me. What else can I do?

guys can u plz help me .. i need to loose weight and I have understood for tht i need to follow cardio + strength .. since i am a newbie i have no idea about the exercises so i searched the net and found the following regime. http://exercise.abou...blimplement.htm

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks ..

i am doing cardio for half an hour and then crunches and some streches. Will start strength training from now on.
Guys is it advisable to have fat burning pills ??
I was at 105 ( 5'11" ) when i joined the gym. After a week of cutting down rice/non-veg/bakery food and other things and doing cardio everyday i am at 109 :( :( ..
wt i am doing wrong ??
:ashamed::confused1:

Guys I have few queries

1. I have seen various design of dumb bells... is there any difference between them..?? Does it really effects.. ( have ones with rod and circular metal discs)

2. My exams are starting thus would be lying in home for almost 1 month. Picking up dumb bells for biceps and chest in the mean time.. Any tips, suggestions???
3. I have not so flat chest... Small bulging, kind of mini man boobs :ashamed: Will squeezing exercise like dumbbell fly would help in flattening or it will make it worst??
Which exercise would help getting them flatter :p

Back