The Fitness Thread !

i am doing cardio for half an hour and then crunches and some streches. Will start strength training from now on.
Guys is it advisable to have fat burning pills ??
I was at 105 ( 5'11" ) when i joined the gym. After a week of cutting down rice/non-veg/bakery food and other things and doing cardio everyday i am at 109 :( :( ..
wt i am doing wrong ??
:ashamed::confused1:

Fat Burning pills? I have never heard anything which worked so far. Would advise to stay away from them.
One more thing I observed there are lot of guys who stay away from non-veg to loose weight. I would say one should reduce red meat however they can continue to have Chicken and Fish and other sea food. Infact lot of the Models, fit guys have regular fish and chicken which is grilled.
I would say avoid anything which is refined. So Bakery items mostly have maida which is a refined wheat flour so you are on right path when you are avoiding Bakery Products. Also Regarding rice there is a healthy variant of rice called brown rice which can be had regularly. It's the white rice that you should restrict or avoid.
Need further analysis of what exactly you are eating and exercising regime to make comment on why you are not able to loose weight.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Guys I have few queries

1. I have seen various design of dumb bells... is there any difference between them..?? Does it really effects.. ( have ones with rod and circular metal discs)

2. My exams are starting thus would be lying in home for almost 1 month. Picking up dumb bells for biceps and chest in the mean time.. Any tips, suggestions???
3. I have not so flat chest... Small bulging, kind of mini man boobs :ashamed: Will squeezing exercise like dumbbell fly would help in flattening or it will make it worst??
Which exercise would help getting them flatter :p

I'm not sure what kind of the different dumb bells are you referring to. Any reference will help. Some of the expensive dumb bells come with rubber grip that I know.
Can't comment on how you can work on your chest. However regarding biceps etc if you do regular Curls this should help.

Fat Burning pills? I have never heard anything which worked so far. Would advise to stay away from them.
One more thing I observed there are lot of guys who stay away from non-veg to loose weight. I would say one should reduce red meat however they can continue to have Chicken and Fish and other sea food. Infact lot of the Models, fit guys have regular fish and chicken which is grilled.
I would say avoid anything which is refined. So Bakery items mostly have maida which is a refined wheat flour so you are on right path when you are avoiding Bakery Products. Also Regarding rice there is a healthy variant of rice called brown rice which can be had regularly. It's the white rice that you should restrict or avoid.
Need further analysis of what exactly you are eating and exercising regime to make comment on why you are not able to loose weight.

I have read on health forums tht strength + cardio is the best way to loose weight.
So i do strength and cardio alternatively with 1 day rest in a week.
Cardio day :
5 minutes jogger.
15 - 20 min threadmill. ( ~ 2 kms ) : on weekends i run upto 5kms.
broom stick twist , bending
squats
lunges
crunches
leg raises

Strength :
recently started so doing mix excercises for chest biceps and shoulders. Will start specific body parts after a week wen the pain subsides . Till then will continue with the mix.
crunches on this day too.

Daily food
Breakfst : 3 idlies with sambhar and coconut chutney
lunch : 3 chapatis with dal and a sbzi
evening snack : plain dosa / fruit salad (watermelon, pineapple and papaya only )
dinner : 2 chapatis with sbzi.

Read somewhere tht boiled egg - yolk is a fat burning food. So i have 2 of those in breakfast.
Please suggest anything which will help me reduce weight.

I have read on health forums tht strength + cardio is the best way to loose weight.
So i do strength and cardio alternatively with 1 day rest in a week.
Cardio day :
5 minutes jogger.
15 - 20 min threadmill. ( ~ 2 kms ) : on weekends i run upto 5kms.
broom stick twist , bending
squats
lunges
crunches
leg raises

Strength :
recently started so doing mix excercises for chest biceps and shoulders. Will start specific body parts after a week wen the pain subsides . Till then will continue with the mix.
crunches on this day too.

Daily food
Breakfst : 3 idlies with sambhar and coconut chutney
lunch : 3 chapatis with dal and a sbzi
evening snack : plain dosa / fruit salad (watermelon, pineapple and papaya only )
dinner : 2 chapatis with sbzi.

Read somewhere tht boiled egg - yolk is a fat burning food. So i have 2 of those in breakfast.
Please suggest anything which will help me reduce weight.

Well your exercise regime looks fine to me.
However I have some suggestions for the food.
Idli is made of rice if I'm not mistaken so may not be a good idea to have it daily. Also if someone is very strict about things like Calories etc I would make sure I will cut down the Coconut in my dishes if possible.
Also does chappati have oil in it. Phulka would be better.
Plain dosa again is not a good idea if having often or regularly.
I haven't read anywhere that Egg Yolk is good for weight loss. Infact I have read that it has lot of Cholestrol. If you have read any health articles or diet of any fitness pro. He will have Egg Whites mentioned not egg yolks. I think the egg white if little fried also should be fine.
I would strongly suggest you to go for Oats for breakfast made of skimmed milk.

Well your exercise regime looks fine to me.
However I have some suggestions for the food.
Idli is made of rice if I'm not mistaken so may not be a good idea to have it daily. Also if someone is very strict about things like Calories etc I would make sure I will cut down the Coconut in my dishes if possible.
Also does chappati have oil in it. Phulka would be better.
Plain dosa again is not a good idea if having often or regularly.
I haven't read anywhere that Egg Yolk is good for weight loss. Infact I have read that it has lot of Cholestrol. If you have read any health articles or diet of any fitness pro. He will have Egg Whites mentioned not egg yolks. I think the egg white if little fried also should be fine.
I would strongly suggest you to go for Oats for breakfast made of skimmed milk.
I meant to say egg minus yolk :bleh: .. i will try to include oats in my breakfast.
chapatis are plain without any ghee.

Anyone here who is a pure Vegetarian and into BodyBuilding ?

Need suggestios on what to eat to loose some fats!
My Stats: 6ft 34w 85K - medium built frame.
Current Routine: Pushups, Squats, Ab Crunches, Leg Raises - All 3x12 every alternate day.
Will be adding 5Km Jogs(alternate days) soon.
I am mostly skinny except for bit of bulging abdomen. Is this good enuf to loose some fat?

Anyone here who is a pure Vegetarian and into BodyBuilding ?

Need suggestios on what to eat to loose some fats!
My Stats: 6ft 34w 85K - medium built frame.
Current Routine: Pushups, Squats, Ab Crunches, Leg Raises - All 3x12 every alternate day.
Will be adding 5Km Jogs(alternate days) soon.
I am mostly skinny except for bit of bulging abdomen. Is this good enuf to loose some fat?
Bro body building would be different as compared to losing fat/weight. Not sure what you are intending here. Your weight looks okish to me as far as being fat is concerned.
Do give more details. Will try to help!

Bro body building would be different as compared to losing fat/weight. Not sure what you are intending here. Your weight looks okish to me as far as being fat is concerned.
Do give more details. Will try to help!

Ok. Let me be more precise...I want to loose my fat mass and gain some muscle mass. I wont mind even if I weight the same or more as long as I have gained some muscle mass(and lost some fats mass). The last time I checked (approx 7-8 months back) my fat %age in the body was 25%. I want to reduce that to 10-15% max. But I dont want to look too skinny, thats why want to gain some muscle mass.

My main concern is: will a pure vegetarian diet let me gain muscle mass? Everybody here keeps saying you cant gain muscle without eating non-veg or protein mix etc. I want to stick to a pure vegetarian diet and keep it all natural - no artificial steroids/mass or muscle gainers for me.

I have no clue regarding your BMR but i presume its somewhere around 2000 by looking at your stats. You cannot lose body fat and gain lean muscle at the same time unless you can running bicycle. I would advice you to lose some body fat then start clean bluk. As it is challenging to make proper nutrition plan for a vegetarian who does not want to add protein supplement to his diet i will make you a sample ~1500 cal diet plan for 1 day :)
Macro Breakdown is 40C,40P,20F

Breakfast 33.6g Carbs,26.4g Fat,30.4g Protein,474.6 Calories
Strawberries-1 Cup
Cottage Cheese- 1 Cup (Paneer will suffice)

Meal 2 43.3g Carbs,7.1g Fat,21g Protein,318.2 Calories
Tofu-3 Slice
Sweet Potato- 1 Large

Meal 3
Reduced Fat Milk- 3 Cup 35.1g Carbs,14.5g Fat,24.2g Protein,366 Calories
Meal 4 18.5g Carbs,16.9g Fat,11.3g Protein,257.6 Calories
Peanut Butter- 2 tbsp
Whole Wheat Bread- 1 Slice
Vegetables (whenever you feel hungry)
Cucumber- 3 cup slices 11.3g Carbs,0.3g Fat,2g Protein,46.8 Calories

*In case you cannot find strawberries add 1 medium apple instead calories are approximately similar for both.

Gain muscle: strength training (torrent for 'starting strength')
Lose Fat: Eat less than you burn

so simple...

Getting from 25 to 15% is going to take a LOT of time and self discipline
Veg? eat protein heavy foods, cut back on sugars and carbs as much as you can....soya nuggets are your best friend followed by veggies and paneer
fatburning pills screw up your hormones, your dick may fall off

Soy has 'mild' oestrogenic and anti-oestrogenic activities, don't end up eating it daily unless you want to end up with gynecomastia.

Here's mine...

was overweight 6 months ago and then was down with chest infection, lost much came down to 67 from 88kgs... was lookin too skinny lolzzz and height 5" 10.

Now recuperating working out also....

Mainly i notice people here in India get fatter mostly because of eating too much rice .. so me too tried to go with chappatis and dals or some curry..

results were good was back to normal weight not over nor underweight around 72kgs

and no working out in the gym also i mostly did all workout at home only....

here is a regimen i use mostly....

Home workouts

mostly has intense common workouts like pushups etc but nice video which shows how to rightly do it at home without a trainer.

The forum :

scoobysworkshop/

mostly all can be fitter if they kind of do simple exercises daily for half an hour mostly aerobic and this can make us fitter and leaner .....
happy19.gif

Mainly i notice people here in India get fatter mostly because of eating too much rice .. so me too tried to go with chappatis and dals or some curry..

results were good was back to normal weight not over nor underweight around 72kgs

AFAIK polished rice we use is the culprit... People living near sea shore/south eat rice in huge quantity, but I don't see them gaining much weight barring the exceptions...

Here's mine...

was overweight 6 months ago and then was down with chest infection, lost much came down to 67 from 88kgs... was lookin too skinny lolzzz and height 5" 10.

Now recuperating working out also....

and no working out in the gym also i mostly did all workout at home only....

here is a regimen i use mostly....

Home workouts

mostly has intense common workouts like pushups etc but nice video which shows how to rightly do it at home without a trainer.

The forum :

scoobysworkshop/

mostly all can be fitter if they kind of do simple exercises daily for half an hour mostly aerobic and this can make us fitter and leaner .....
happy19.gif

His training routines are absolute crap and so are his expectations.

Back