The Fitness Thread !

You are correct. The results you are looking for needs LP : linear progression. You need specific equipment and have to read a few books to understand how the whole thing works. I am coaching my younger bro. He is overweight and currently he is not focusing on what he eats. I'm just making him strong. Barely one month into training only twice a week he squatted 45 kgs yesterday with his hips going below parallel with nice hip drive ;). He has never squatted before. 45 kgs might sound measly to many but next time you hit the gym put 45 kgs on your back, sit down and try to get up you'll know what it is. My brother is overweight just like many of us here but he is hellbent on getting strong because he knows (well i told him) that loosing fat is easier with more muscle and more muscle can be gained almost quickly with compound exercises using linear progression :)
Yeah you are correct about the 45Kg thing. :)

I would beg to differ. Just because milk is white doesnt mean it is bad.
Infact Milk is the best thing to gain weight for skinny guys.
GOMAD as suggested by Mehdi and Mark Rippetoe and many others.
:writing: I wish sarcasm could be better delivered over the internet.

I was making fun of the gross generalisation that anything white must be avoided. It's usually these kind of guys who never maintain a healthy lifestyle as they try to avoid perfectly healthy foods just to stay "healthy", and end up disappointing themselves. Over indulgence of food is unhealthy, not food itself.

Yes :)
:writing: I wish sarcasm could be better delivered over the internet.
I was making fun of that gross generalization that anything white must be avoided. It's usually these kind of guys who never maintain a healthy lifestyle as they try to avoid perfectly healthy foods just to stay "healthy", and end of disappointing themselves. Over indulgence of food is unhealthy, not food itself.

@Ppradeep200417

As I said all dairy products are acidic except curd. There is a lot of misconception about milk being healthy for adults. I did not make any generalisation regarding milk. I cant remember the name of the book which proves that milk is not required by adults. - I will post dat later when it comes to mind.
1. The milk we drink is meant for calfs, it has growth hormones mean for a different species. Those hormones wont help us in any way.
2. There are other better sources of calcium - White and brown sesame seeds(Till in hindi) contan a lot more calcium than milk.
3. All the protiens are "dead" cause we boil the milk. Protiens start to disintegrate at 70 deg.

I can go on and on of why no milk, but google and yo will find all the answers.

1. We don't drink milk for hormones, we drink it for the proteins. Most humans can digest cow/goat milk if they're drinking it from their childhood. For ethical reasons you can avoid drinking it.
2. We don't drink milk for calcium alone either, it's just a add-on.
3. Proteins don't "die" when you boil or cook them, otherwise all cooked meat would be useless. A disintegrated protein would still be an amino acid, which is what our body converts it to anyway.

And I already know your sources: they're vegan-centric websites. They're also pretty good at SEO.

What is the best alternative for 15 eggs protein content as I can't eat eggs now?
I never took supplements, so please suggest.

Is Creatine, Glutamine or other supplements MUST for bodybuilding?

^^ If cost isnt an issue and you want the max protein for your buck then search for Dymatize ISO 100. 90% protein content, no carbs (1 carb per 28 grams in chocolate and some other flavours). 100% Hydrolysed Whey.

Seriosuly want to learn from the marketing people working for these Body Mass powder companies. It seems every skinny guy in my gym is using one of these horrible sugar loaded things. For everybody who is underweight, please eat some eggs and drink some milk. I have gained about 12 KG weigh in last 13-14 months and I have increased my squat from 20 KG to 150 Kgs and all I have done is to eat real food. Supplements have a use but you dont need them right now.

Another guy who started doing weights with me accuses me of taking some special powder/medicine(read steroids) becuase he hasnt made any progress and I look totally different. I advice him to do his squats but he likes doing lunges with 10KG dumb-bells. I tell him to drink couple leter milk daily but he says 2 glasses a day is enough for everybody. Sigh.....

If someone is interested, I will explain my diet.

The BEST Mass gainer is Milk+Banana (Together).
Have lots of Milk and lots of Bananas (Together).
And please avoid Soya if you can (Unless you want manboobs) as it has lot of estrogen.

On that note, Milk is also brilliant for piling on the calories.
I've added 12.5kgs in the 4 months since I've started working out regularly and drinking milk (hadn't touched it in over a decade)

I didn't even have to GOMAD (though that might have quickened things up a bit). I drink about a 0.5-0.75 liters a day.

On that note, Milk is also brilliant for piling on the calories.
I've added 12.5kgs in the 4 months since I've started working out regularly and drinking milk (hadn't touched it in over a decade)

I didn't even have to GOMAD (though that might have quickened things up a bit). I drink about a 0.5-0.75 liters a day.
Yes it works rapidly! An ectomorph friend of mine gained 3 kgs (without any exercise) in 20 days drinking 1.5 liters of Amul full cream milk everyday on top of daily food intake (which is not pure but still)

@Rockfella you gotta tell me more about Saputo whey stuff man. I'll PM you today.
I'd rather get some extra carbs than spend 30 dollars or 3k in India on a 2 LB Whey Protein container.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rockfella you gotta tell me more about Saputo whey stuff man. I'll PM you today.
I'd rather get some extra carbs than spend 30 dollars or 3k in India on a 2 LB Whey Protein container.
Saputo is like a reputed "OEM" of many whey powders out there so it is good. Some guy in Punjab used to sell it, there are many sources online which sell it but i've not bought from any of them. try to order from any using COD.

@Rockfella How does the Normal unflavored whey taste? (I am assuming it is unflavored).
And how should one have it, with milk? Or water? The only online link I could find is of one
guy selling 10-15KG Pack for like 18K lol. Dont know if I want to invest 18K without trying
it out.

@Rockfella How does the Normal unflavored whey taste? (I am assuming it is unflavored).
And how should one have it, with milk? Or water? The only online link I could find is of one
guy selling 10-15KG Pack for like 18K lol. Dont know if I want to invest 18K without trying
it out.

Just add flavour after you've bought it and keep it in a air tight box. You can have it with milk or water, doesn't matter, it's your preference. Taking it pre- and post-workouts would yield better results.

You should be wary of fakes. Saputo whey is good, but there are many fakes floating around, so be careful before ordering such a large quantity.

Adding flavour externally would add extra cals (Saputo Whey already has like 20% non protein content i.e. Fat and Carbs which means extra calories already). Wouldnt want to add even more calories by adding flavour externally.

Saputo is non flavored whey. Anyone anywhere tries to sell you flavored saputo just shoot him in the head. (Unless Saputo has started retailing flavoured whey, check their site)
Site link:

http://www.saputoingredients.com/products.aspx

Btw you are too hell-bent on whey.
it out.

True, he can refer to the official site here:
http://www.saputoingredients.com/products.aspx
There are ebay sellers selling flavored Saputo :eek: and they should be castrated.
Just add flavour after you've bought it and keep it in a air tight box. You can have it with milk or water, doesn't matter, it's your preference. Taking it pre- and post-workouts would yield better results.

You should be wary of fakes. Saputo whey is good, but there are many fakes floating around, so be careful before ordering such a large quantity.
[DOUBLEPOST=1366904752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Adding flavour externally would add extra cals (Saputo Whey already has like 20% non protein content i.e. Fat and Carbs which means extra calories already). Wouldnt want to add even more calories by adding flavour externally.
You need healthy fat and carbs to gain muscle, you'll go brain dead if you take only proteins. Everything counts, don't go ninja on proteins and anal on fat/carbs. More than all this the workouts matter the most.

150 kgs squat is damn good, please check your hip drive to be safe. I've started after an year, going smooth on everything. Previous squat PR: around 100 kgs for 5x5 with no spotter and no power rack, now i have a rack and working on it gradually. I want to do power cleans instead of barbell rows but as of now i don't have olympic plates/bar to PC so doing inverted rows :) All going good, with the power cage I feel 100% safe while doing squats and bench press, without the rack it was a nightmare as i used to workout at home without spotters ... now i can push myself easily. Currently just gearing up on muscle memory (getting back to old PRs)
I have gained about 12 KG weigh in last 13-14 months and I have increased my squat from 20 KG to 150 Kgs and all I have done is to eat real food. Supplements have a use but you don't need them right now. Another guy who started doing weights with me accuses me of taking some special powder/medicine(read steroids) becuase he hasnt made any progress and I look totally different. I advice him to do his squats but he likes doing lunges with 10KG dumb-bells. I tell him to drink couple leter milk daily but he says 2 glasses a day is enough for everybody. Sigh.....

If someone is interested, I will explain my diet.
[DOUBLEPOST=1366914623][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah you are correct about the 45Kg thing. :)
Yeah but we don't eat clean or good food, just eat whatever we get :( Working out is easier than eating handpicked food, have to do that as well :(

Back