The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Jb for ipad2 matter of fact the JB in the link is teethered and its only for iphone4,ipod touch 3 gen and ipad1, iphone3gs.

^ Yeah, I am purchasing an iPad 1, not iPad 2.

I also want to know whether we can downgrade the firmware or not.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mk151 said:
It's tethered jb as of now.. :(

Ohhh yeah, just noticed. Tethered is useless. Going to wait for an untethered jb.

Why is tethered useless, if I may ask?

Using iOS 5.0 on tethered jailbreak for the past 6 weeks. Have not encountered any problems except for iBooks crashing repeatedly. Thankfully there are better reading apps.

If you are travelling and the iPad freezes, then you don't have any option in tethered jb until u have a computer with all required fIles to boot again...

No. someone has developed a semi tether app on cydia. You can restart a tethered device and use it, but jail broken apps won't work till you restart it from redsn0w.

@phoenix do you know any that reads epubs? I tried kobo but its horribly slow.

Manu try Stanza. Excellent UI, multi format support, and the best feature is black background that significantly reduces glare and eye strain.

I've read tethered jb for 4.3.5 is only for 3g models..
I've got the 64gb wifi/3g model.. so does mine qualify for jb?

[attachment=10707:17700.attach]
Guys, I am trying to set up 3G on my ipad2 using airtel,
I have been able to cut it down to size and i can see the signal bars indicating that an airtel connection has been detected, i have also set the APN to airtelgps.com and i can see the Airtel 3G icon in the top left part of the screen. I have also recharged my Simcard for rs 50.
But, am still unable to connect.
Please look at my screenshot, any ideas what may be going wrong.
Also, the only way to check your airtel 3G usage is via an sms, so how do i check if i have enough balance left. Given that i can not plug in this
microsim into my regular phone ?

Attachments

• ipad2.jpg
    ipad2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 122
amathur2k said:
Guys, I am trying to set up 3G on my ipad2 using airtel,

I have been able to cut it down to size and i can see the signal bars indicating that an airtel connection has been detected, i have also set the APN to airtelgps.com and i can see the Airtel 3G icon in the top left part of the screen. I have also recharged my Simcard for rs 50.

But, am still unable to connect.

Please look at my screenshot, any ideas what may be going wrong.

Also, the only way to check your airtel 3G usage is via an sms, so how do i check if i have enough balance left. Given that i can not plug in this

microsim into my regular phone ?

That could be the problem. Try airtelgprs.com

Guys, I've just got an Ipad 1 from my relative, I'm thinking of updating it to iOS 5.

I wanted to know if there are any issues/problems related to iOS 5 and ipad1 ?

vijay sales is giving ipad 2 16gb wifi at rs.3278/- pm emi for 9 months.

Is the above without interest?

If yes, is it a good buy then?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

can v put any av in ipad/samsung tablet?

I've quick heal, so can i install that?

Y is there no usb port on an ipad or samsung tablet?

How useful is ipad compared to a laptop leaving aside its size and weight?

decent deal.it comes around 29.5 k.

it is definitely a good buy,

yes but an hdmi converter is needed[you can get this for cheap off ebay]

no quickheal is needed for ios.

a lack of usb port did serve as a hindrance before,but with ios5,apple has introduced wifi sync in which you can wirelessly transfer data[for eg.you can transfer a movie from your pc/mac to your ipad if you have a vlc/o player app]

ipad or any other tablet is much more comfortable in comparison to a laptop.ipad 2 gives the best browsing experience and for me personally its a game changer since i am always on the go.i cant remember how many shows i have finished by using the ipad when i am on the go.

#amathur2k, how did you resolve your issue of finding the 3G balance? I'm contemplating having a dedicated 3G sim for my ipad..

Finally untethered Jailbreak for 5.0.1 released.

Absinthe A5 Untethered Jailbreak working great.

Just jailbroke my ipad2 successfully after 2 tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back