The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the JB tool is only for Macs
<

finallyyy.

will jailbreak my ipad 2 after jtaging my xbox.long night 2nite!

have been waiting to see infinity blade 2 with ipad 2's gfx boost.

#Vince Sadly there is no way to track ur balance, and 'dedicated' is the only way you can have a 3G sim for the Ipad considering you have to cut it down to size.

One Way would be to temporarily insert your microsim into a mobile pressing it down by hand while doing a small 3G request, Airtel responds with the current 3G Balance right after that

#painful

#amathur2k, how did you resolve your issue of finding the 3G balance? I'm contemplating having a dedicated 3G sim for my ipad..

After Jailbreak with Absinthe on ipad2 I'm not able to login to iMessages and FaceTime. It gives an error "please check your network and try again". Anyone facing similar issue? Is there any fix?

After Jailbreak with Absinthe on ipad2 I'm not able to login to iMessages and FaceTime. It gives an error "please check your network and try again". Anyone facing similar issue? Is there any fix?

I found the fix. In case if anyone is facing such issue. Try this:

1. Go to the Settings App.

2. Tap on Wi-Fi

3. Your chosen network will be ticked. Tap on its white arrow over a blue circle button to its right

4. Tap on DNS

5. Replace the current information with 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4

6. Try visiting a website with Safari to see if this works

7. Try registering iMessage / FaceTime

I found the fix. In case if anyone is facing such issue. Try this:

1. Go to the Settings App.

2. Tap on Wi-Fi

3. Your chosen network will be ticked. Tap on its white arrow over a blue circle button to its right

4. Tap on DNS

5. Replace the current information with 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4

6. Try visiting a website with Safari to see if this works

7. Try registering iMessage / FaceTime

Is every one able to get iMessage on 2 devices at a time. I mean i have ipad and iphone. When some one sends a message to iphone i dont get it in ipad and vice versa . Settings are fine both have same Apple ID but still do not get it
<

Also need a n00b guide for Numbers,pages,keynote.

^

When iOS 5 came out that time iMessage were received on both devices.

But recently even I am only getting on 1 device. I think Apple might have changed this.

Is every one able to get iMessage on 2 devices at a time. I mean i have ipad and iphone. When some one sends a message to iphone i dont get it in ipad and vice versa . Settings are fine both have same Apple ID but still do not get it
<

iMessage on 2 devices at a time is working for me.

In messages you need to set your Caller ID as your email ID which you used for messages on both your iphone and ipad.

So who ever messages you to your email id will be received on both the devices.

^^ if i use imessage on ipad it gets updated on iphone but if i use on iphone it does not updates on ipad :-/, both devices have same email id and phone no

#Rahul The Sender should message you to your email address. Only then you will receive the updates on both the devices.

There is a little catch here. If you are already having a convesation with some one through phone. And only now you have updated your CallerID as your email address in your phone. Still you wont receive messages on both devices. Because that conversation has already started with your Mobile no as caller ID.

If you delete the entire message conversation and start a new one with your email_ID as Caller_ID in your messages, then you should receive the updates on both the devices.

This is what is happening with me

ABC---> sends me a imessage to my no i get only on iphone

ABC ----> sends me a imessage to my email address i get it on iPad only

Earlier i used to get imessages on both the devices doesnt matter number or email address.Both the devices have same email address but doesnt work as advertised.

Humm.. there is lot of confusion with this thing. Earlier it didnt work for me either. But since yesterday im receiving messages on both devices if send to my email address. I jailbreaked my phone 2 days ago, i dont know if its the effect of that or something.

#Metalspree thanks for pointing out this thread
<
Gone through this thread and still i'm expecting some help from experts. I'm very new to iOS, already jailbroken(ipad2, 3G) and now i dont know how to proceed further. I've bought this for purely my kid(2.5 yrs old now), so some helps/intros through that area will be more helpful.

I've got read/heard some negative points about the 'new' ipad regarding the insane charging time (7 hours to full from empty) and the warm screen (as compared to ipad 2). The latter can be verified in youtube vids but I want to know if the earlier is true. Please try to be as unbiased as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back