Hi guys,

I have recently got a 16GB iPad 1 WiFi version. My First iOS Device... :D

Can you suggest me a few apps. (Only free):

E-Book Downloader and Reader - Free

Games - Few Free ones

Document Viewer and Editor

Video Player

Also Please help me out in a Few things:

How to Stream Photos,Videos,Music Directly to iPad?

How to download Youtube Videos?

Where can I get the Complete Reference Ebook Series(Java,.Net,PHP,HTML etc)for iPad? Else ,Specify an alternative...

After buying the iPad, I am so impressed that I am ready to Dump My laptop for this. It is just great. I Will def upgrade to iPad 3/4 as soon as they Discontinue updates for this. Please suggest me apps to enhance my iPad experience.

Have you JB'ed it ?

E-Book Reader - iBooks
Document Viewer and Editor - Document on the go, Pages
Video Player - VLC, Av Player

1. Air Video
2. Yourtube
3. Books ? from their respective websites. iBooks supports ePub format. If you have them in PDF, use Calibre to convert them to ePub.

Games :
Angry Birds HD
Plant vs Zombies
Fruit Ninja HD
Fifa
N.O.V.A.
Street Fighter 4
Infinity Blade
GTA
Assasin's Creed 2
Ultimate Mortal Combat 3
NFS Hot Pursuit
World Of Goo

^hope it is helpful :)

After buying the iPad, I am so impressed that I am ready to Dump My laptop for this. It is just great.
he he, agree with you :) you can also get Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, costs some 3.5k and it turns your iPad into a lappie :p

Izn't Street fighter 4 only for the iPhone?
He would have to use that JB tweak to run the game full screen..Right?
Correct me if I am wrong..
I sold my iPad a couple of weeks back.. Got iPad sick..and it is supposed to arrive today yet again..:)

Here is how to get the best apps

1) Visit App store hit for Top 10 or Top 20

2) Write down the names of all the apps u want.

2) JB the ipad.

3) Install Install0us.

4) Hit the search ,download and install them.

Follow the above process if and only if u don't mind stealing money from developers.One more app from my side Flipboard ( its an free app)

^^ i won't suggest doing that, if you can afford a ipad i think you won't mind buying 5-10$ apps.

Yeah flipboard is nice app, other i can suggest is garageband, pages, imovie, teamviewer, sketchpad, twitter, TOI ......

PS: why don't we make this as a ipad thread, i think there isnt any.

I suggested the above method coz every one here is talking about installing cracked apps.I have JBen my ipad but not installed install0us yet/ never will be installed coz i have all the apps and games i want ( all are paid).

^But mods will come after you :p

I don't lie and I have few pirated apps. But first I try and then if I really like I pay them. As of now 60% of the apps & games in iPhone are paid. All cydia apps I have are paid. About to test rest 40%. tbh costs of app ain't that costly, just 1 or 2 dollars...

Yes, it will be nice if we turn this into iPad thread. btw any good RSS app for iPad 2 ?

Rahul said:
^^ i won't suggest doing that, if you can afford a ipad i think you won't mind buying 5-10$ apps.

Yeah flipboard is nice app, other i can suggest is garageband, pages, imovie, teamviewer, sketchpad, twitter, TOI ......

PS: why don't we make this as a ipad thread, i think there isnt any.
Um... can you change the title to "iPad thread"?

Would be good if one of the mods did that?

Also when browsing through app store, try to sort the apps by popularity, for some weird reason they are populated as recent, even if you change and open a new category it will be automatically default to recent. somehow i like the iphone app store than the ipad one. There arent enough options to sort the apps.

Few note worthy apps from my side

1) XBMC Commander ( $4.99USD)--->iPad can be used as remote for your XBMC enabled computer.The app is awesome full movie description along with album art is displayed.

2) Splashtop ($9.99USD,got it when it went on sale for .99USD :p)---> Remote Desktop app for ipad,works better than the free version of Teamviewer.

3) Webalbums ($1.99USD)---> Picasa for iPad.

Dear god. Pathetic this was. iLovers, iHaters, fanbois, tonnes of iDevices. There was no ipad thread. :S.

This must be one of those Why didnt i think THAT before moment for TE.

Thanks alot guys..

Yeah I didnt jailbreak it considering it is only Tethered right now and I have Updated it directly from 3.2 to 4.3.5

Can I buy apps at the iStore guys?

teja92 said:
Thanks alot guys..

Yeah I didnt jailbreak it considering it is only Tethered right now and I have Updated it directly from 3.2 to 4.3.5

Can I buy apps at the iStore guys?

oops! by jailbreaking you will be awarded with amazing cool features(not now, so leave the topic)

i'll suggest some apps,,,

games: Infinity Blade, fruit ninja, angry birds,

Books: iBooks

Video: AVplayer(the best as it plays mkv with subtitle loaded), vlc(only old one),

and there are a lot of apps, just signup and search through categories else search top rated or top selling charts... see screenshots and for more youtube for gameplay(weather you like it or not)

happy padding, sorry happy ipadding

@gREen Thanks dude..

BTW I installed about 35 apps from App Store till date...

I just want to know, is there an untethered Jailbreak of 4.3.5 Coming?

no one can stop jailbreaking, not you and not me...

better wait for a month, you will be awarded...

if you want any help or tutor about ipad let me know..

@gREen Thanks dude.. But now I got used to it..

Please post a tut for Jailbreaking once Untethered Jailbreak arrives...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys

Are there any apps that allow C coding/HTML on iPad?

It would be great if it can even compile them

^ I am not sure, but for compilation & higher depth programming stuff you need to have JB'ed iPad. for iPhone there is an C/C++ compiler on BigBoss repo.

@avi Thanks mate.. Guess I will have to wait a while till I get the Untethered Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back