The iPhone 5 thread

I am not saying iPhone has better hardware. I am saying that because of iPhone other manufacturers are dishing out better phones compared to what they would have done if there was no iPhone (see pre iPhone era).

Yep. Credit to Apple for iPhone 1. But apart from that they have been playing catch up as far as hardware and features are concerned.

Apple’s playing the catch up game in the smartphone race & still the product is termed REVOLUTIONARY ? And what exactly makes it so, the Panorma or 5 Rows of Apps :| Yeah, the iFanboys will still go gaga over it ! If this is the best smartphone ever , I feel sorry for tech-evolution or say G-S3 !

So finally the last iPhone launches today :)
A historic day for Apple Inc.

Out of the mundane reading where i expected mentions of CEO blabering words like Magical, Revolutionary, Ammaazing..
honestly.. this was the only post in the thread which did made me jump with joy. Even though just for a moment.., still it was worth it.

Disappointing. The only reason I'm thinking of buying it is the money I've spent on iTunes already, would have got the S3 or the next Samsung offering if I was a first time smart phone buyer for sure. What's even more pissing off is that I'll have to buy another charger for work or wait for them to release an overpriced "official" adapter.

Disappointing. The only reason I'm thinking of buying it is the money I've spent on iTunes already, would have got the S3 or the next Samsung offering if I was a first time smart phone buyer for sure. What's even more pissing off is that I'll have to buy another charger for work or wait for them to release an overpriced "official" adapter.

Cheap adapters will start appearing on ebay / Dealextreme / Focal price very soon i believe.

Was excited about the new ipod touch. It has the A5 SoC and the iphone 4 camera. But buggers don't have a $199 option :( Only a 32GB $299 option. They have just double the storage of the ipod touch 4th/5th gen from 8GB to 16GB @ $199. They have officially started to sell 2 different generation ipod touch at the same time. Earlier the newer gen used to replace the older one and the older refurbs would be available for ~$150.

Though the Nano is pretty decent this time compared to the utter flop design and screen size last time.

Surprised that all the rumors and leaks about the iPhone5 turned out to be true!

Cheap adapters will start appearing on ebay / Dealextreme / Focal price very soon i believe.
True, but in the back of my mind is always going to be the thought of a new close to 900 dollar (edit: SGD) phone blowing up because I used a cheaper version of the adapter.............even if its not really possible :p

I wonder what will be the price for unlocked iPhone 5 16GB. Not intending to buy but still.
But one reason i am happy with the launch is i will see prices of the iPhone 4S come down in used market and 4S is something which i am going to buy soon. :)

KLPD Launch.My net was down and now i see even god didnot wanted to waste my time on this launch.
The biggest disappointment for me si the touch they not going to update 3G version.

I wonder what will be the price for unlocked iPhone 5 16GB. Not intending to buy but still.
But one reason i am happy with the launch is i will see prices of the iPhone 4S come down in used market and 4S is something which i am going to buy soon. :)

The only reason i might upgrade from my 4s is the bigger screen and if it is actually lighter.
Apart from that, i am still not upgrading unless someone steals my 4s.

It looks like the end of an era to me.It is the home PC saga all over again, if i am correct. Time for Microsoft to take the stage. Hopefully, meanwhile there is enough competition between Android manufacturers to keep them churning out nice, different phones every six months, like they do now.

The only reason i might upgrade from my 4s is the bigger screen and if it is actually lighter.
Apart from that, i am still not upgrading unless someone steals my 4s.

It looks like the end of an era to me.It is the home PC saga all over again, if i am correct. Time for Microsoft to take the stage. Hopefully, meanwhile there is enough competition between Android manufacturers to keep them churning out nice, different phones every six months, like they do now.

I hope there is something to with sprint......:bleh::bleh:

It was a mediocre release from my POV. Its not good enough to make me upgrade from my 4s but by Brother is certainly gonna get this as an upgrade from his 3GS.

One thing that I did not like was the omission of the GSM+CDMA option like we had with 4S. Also, is it me or does the black version look like crap with the slate sidebands & back?

Lightning to 30 Pin connector for 29$ and 39$. This is serious rip off. Wait for a month and they will be all over on ebay for 1$ and so.

2x faster to what? stupid metric - methinks!
An Engadget user summed it up nicely-
iPhone 5 Summary:
-Low resolution display
-Small display
-No NFC
-No standby improvement
-112g= fell like paper phone vainly aluminum

For the rest of us humans blessed with intelligence of some sort will go for android. If you are the one looking to step out of the closet look no further than the iphone (not that you can - you short sighted fanboys!)

Not excited by the phone, but I really like the look of the black phone. Make it 5" and with Android and you can take my money!!

OT: Is there a way to petition Nokia to make Android phones? Still the KING IMHO as far as designs are concerned.

Back