The iPhone 5 thread

I expected projection keyboard, projector images, etc. but Apple did not go that forward. It was time to plonk in a 12mp camera too but will have to do with 8 over here!

Prices in India will start from ~45k, go down & stabilize at ~ 36k. How will this affect iPhone 4S prices? Have one might just put it up for sale.

Ready to Pay 45k right away for the white One....
Just tempted to get one in my hands....
:yahoo:Friend going to singapore will get one for me....:yahoo:

Ready to Pay 45k right away for the white One....
Just tempted to get one in my hands....
:yahoo:Friend going to singapore will get one for me....:yahoo:

And ladies and gentlemen, this is why the iPhone 5 will succeed..

Have fun buddy! You look really excited about this! :)

True, Apple desired and targeted audience.

Hope you get the phone at the earliest. Praying that your friend do not have to spent the night outside Apple store.

Better wait for Lumia 920, Apple didn't update the hardware much apart from the screen and LTE. The processor and other internals are just playing catchup, the screen looks great though.

Not too much difference from the 4S version, could have named the new iPhone as well. But don't think the sales would get affected.

I'd say, it has been a pretty disappointing release. What this iPhone does, is already being by done by most other phones in the market. Heck, even Micromax has a phone (A100) which can compare to this phone. Well, not in terms of speed or pixel resolution maybe, but in terms of screensize, apps, accessibility etc. In fact, most of the manufacturers are right there. What used to set the iPhone apart was the audio quality. But even that has been trumped by other phones especially if it's a Galaxy S and you have some Voodoo magic on your phone. ;)
I feel that the Apple's iPhone has now become a 'has been' rather than the trendsetter. It's playing catch up to other manufacturers and what used to be a wait for something fantastic is now just another manufacturer's phone release. Not innovating and suing other companies will take Apple only so far.
Heck, I think Samsung should countersue, saying that a 4-inch screen was their innovation and sue Apple from here to the moon. :)

Ya coz fools shed money on plastic made toys and they call that as a phone ripping people with 36k lol :bleh:

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you are not a member on macRumours :bleh:

- - - Updated - - -

how you will get nano sim?

Wait for Couple of days there were will 100 Like these floating on the web

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPhone-5-Regular-full-SIM-to-Nano-SIM-Card-Cutting-Cutter-card-holder-2-adapter-/150899765694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232253b1be

Why there is so much apple hate that members here start hating other members who choose apple phones. It is just a phone. I like it, i buy it, you don't like, you don't buy. Not everyone wants the most awesomest hardware and not everyone has same requirements.

And why do you feel that it has the most "awesomest" hardware ?
I believe you are not only referring to the aluminum and glass case.

And why do you feel that it has the most "awesomest" hardware ?
I believe you are not only referring to the aluminum and glass case.

Did you even read my post? I am not saying that iPhone 5 has awesomest hardware. I am saying others have awesome hardware but not everyone wants that.

I installed IOS 6 GM on my 4S guess what? Massively underwhelming! There doesn't seem to be anything new/worthwhile in iOS 6 (& as a result in iPhone 5) for us Indians at all.

Here is what I noticed:

1) The maps application doesn't show as many points of interest as the last maps app (in Gurgaon), Directions are not available for New Delhi/Gurgaon, 3D view in Gurgaon/Delhi is a tragic joke (the kind that ends with blood and semen on the carpet)

2) The Passbook app will need at least 1 year to mature for Indian audiences.

3) There is a beautifully implemented panorama feature in the camera app (like Katerina Kaif) but the resulting picture quality is absolutely horrible (as if she were a transvestite) ........ I wonder if the Panorama anomaly is in iPhone 5 as well?
(A transvestite Katerina, can you people see the tragedy in that?)

4) Siri still sucks, the newer features are still no good for India & the voice recognition is only 75% accurate.

5) However, there have been positive additions to the Game Center (the Challenges feature might be fun)

6) The newly designed iPod/Music app is very pretty (like the one on my iPad2)

Let's see what else do I find & can report back about.

- - - Updated - - -

So much for World Phone: http://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/

75% features dont work in India!

Back