The Israel/Palestine conflict

undertaker said:
Thats in part because of our so called commitment to 'secularism',U.S. presidents never shy in invoking God's name for their actions,Bush called the war on terrorism a crusade,Israelis always view their cause as a Jewish cause,but in India if the prime minister ever called for a 'dharam-yudh' against Islamists,u know what would happen,the pro-mulla parties like Congress,SP etc. would create a ruckus and stall Parliament the next day,India can only be strong if it becomes a liberal Hindu theocracy;I added the liberal part but liberalism in pre-implied by Hinduism.We don't need any green in our flag,it should be all saffron.;)
I also agree that the BJP is little different from the congress now, ideally democracy should be suspended and the chief of the RSS must automatically become the PM of India.I wish Narendra Modi or Praveen Togadia were the PM instead of lame people like Vajpayee during BJP's rule.
If the jews can overcome 2000 years of persecution and become a strong nation again,surely we Hindus can also overcome the 800 or so years of foreign rule and persecution.If we don't a Hindu Holocaust sponsored by Mullas from the west and Chinkis on the north is not too far away.
You are exactly the sort of people the BJP likes..... thinking only on the lines of religion.... Why did you run away to the US?? Stay here and join the BJP/RSS/Shiv Sena... they would love to have another guy like you.

The way you are thinking sickens me...... It is because most people in our country think like you that our whole country is divided on basis of religion/caste......

Nikhil said:
You are exactly the sort of people the BJP likes..... thinking only on the lines of religion.... Why did you run away to the US?? Stay here and join the BJP/RSS/Shiv Sena... they would love to have another guy like you.

The way you are thinking sickens me...... It is because most people in our country think like you that our whole country is divided on basis of religion/caste......
Yeah sure sir.....I and by implication peole like me were responsible for the Muslim league and the partition followed by the elimination of Hinduism from the very land that gave its name - Sindh, and Hindu hardliners were in power then right, not lame 'secular' people like Nehru?:rofl:

being secular is not lame :p

But yeah.... Nehru was dumb :p..... That much I believe in... and he simply trusted the whole world too much..... Like Clark Kent, he wanted to believe in the good in everyone.... lamer :p ... real world does not work that way....

oh yeah.... and people like you are responsoble for Pakistan today.... You may be thinking this way as a Hindu... other people thinking the same way as you as Muslims are responsible for the formation of Pak. Thinking always along the lines of religion

I still think that Jerusalem and Israel in general should belong to the jews. A secular state seems impossible between the Jews and the muslims.

@All, dont make personal attacks - keep the discussion above board & dont call each other lame as problems are'nt going to go away just by wishing them away.

Stick to topic on hand.

PS : Also there is no point in calling dead men/leaders stupid as they are long dead - so talk about the present & future. Whats done is done - why cant you suggest/discuss something constructive which we all can be part off, instead off splitting hairs over what peeps did or did not do in the past.

I dont agree appo.
Our real devlopement started from 1991. We are producing most of stuff indiginously and what we cant we can buy off international market.
On other hand US just gave Israel what it needed. Thats the difference. Technologically Israel always had superiority over its enemies. And balance of power was artificially changed in that region. The balance was too much in their favour. Israel did nothing to become superior economic and military power. They were kinda gifted.
Even then if it was even country like Iraq that had been involved in war against them it would have been different.
Not many people know Iraq had 3rd largest tank army once a time before technologically superior US airforce destroyed it in 1991.
As far as AASAM goes, undertaker it was never part of india. It was never ancient Indian territory. British aquired it and merged it with india for their own conviniance. search google on AASAM history and you will find the source.
traditional india ranged upto afganistan border on west and burma on east front. We now control roughly 60% of it now. Aksi chin which is part of J&K also was never traditional Indian teritory. it was part of ancient china and thats why chin still claim that part and controls it illegally as of now.

Agressive attitude is good but not always. And definitely not the way israel handles its policy. This way neither they not palenstine will ever be peaceful. Daily people die there. And if thats to stop they much do something. And not all situations are solved by force. if that was the case India even today has the military power to wipe few nations off the world's map.
You cannot go compare what Israel is doing or has done to our situation. Israel still has no reputation on world map. Our political leaders made plenty of mistakes, took plenty of soft stands, we have paid for it heavily. But that has also given a responsible face to India.
There is no country that can or will dare to declare war against India today. Not pakistan nor china. Thats kinda of a credit to our policy be some people call it soft. Little tough policy will be welcomes ofcourse but not to an extent to what Israel is adopting. They are doing nothing but to invite more and more terror to that region.

I am sorry but their stand is hurting themself more. And even their late PM Sharron realised that and started pulling off from Gaza strip even after facing internal opposition.
You see, this religion is just an excuse people need. Nothing more and nothing less. If there was one thing humanity can do without is the religion.

I agree 100% with funky ^ thers NO i mean No country tht wud declare war against India as i've already said.
Diplomacy plays its game and diplomats are there.
so since there wud be no war in near decade why wud india sell out hard cash to build awac system or ballistic missiles as we have only got independence 50 years we have internal poverty problems.
india wud surely do what it needs to do in defence front and as soon as it'll be open to pvt sector "will be happening soon" indias defence power will rise.
dont forget owning nuclear power is not a matter fo concern as if u use it once ur gone once and for everytime no country wud trust u .. heck if some country nukes some country do u know what will happen?
tht country wud be hated by each and every country!!.
so why do we think india dont have defense power when indian air force pilots simply defeated the some country's pilots in the dog fight ..when indian army are worlds best army ... technology eh india dont need to invest behind awacs and ballistics as of now let its economy stabilise let the sensex grow > 25k defence will surely flourish.
by 2010 india will be a nuke exporter with its plutonium reserve and the fast breeder reactor.
never underestimate indias defence capability as war today is not merely a open war .. its more diplomatic and a cold war.

Back