The Last of Us - Discussion Thread

Oh not bad! I haven't seen a single game trailer in the movie theatres here. Not even in the IMAX theatres. Good stuff!

So guys, are how are you preparing to hype yourself up to play this game? I just completed watching "The Walking Dead Season 3" as I think the look and feel of that show is pretty similar to what "The Last of us" is offering. IGN review also compared the game to the movie "The Road". I never got around to see that movie, guess I will do that now.

I have been hyped right from day one! I mean the day, a GAF member pointed out the little teaser from Uncharted 3 (the newspaper from the bar in the opening sequence). Too bad ND didn’t have the slightest clue that gamers have keen eyes! And knowing it was Naughty Dog behind the game, I never had second thoughts about it and today, more than a year on we have the reviews in front of us.

I’ve seen TWD till whatever has aired this far, played the Telltale TWD game that walked away with several GOTY award last year and have watched the two epic zombie movies - 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later (which wasn’t as good as Boyle’s first!) and The Road starring Aragorn himself. :p

I can’t wait for the copy to reach my hands now. As we speak, some of them have already begun the game. Heard some good things from one of them. :)

Started playing yesterday. The game feels so good, to look at, to watch and to play. Initially, I played like a half brained monkey while the game was trying to train me in stealth, but all is good now. These kind of games come may be once in a generation(or maybe everytime naughty dog or quantic dream make a game :)). I think I'll play this game over and over again over the months. There is so much detail that can been seen not only graphically, but in the voice acting, the acting, the humour, emotions, it is a true naughty dog game, only many times better.

Completed 34%, took 4 hours, which I think is more than usual. The game keeps you really tense most of the time. It is less about sudden shock terror and more about intense continuously tense situations and they are designed in such a way that most of the times, it is better to avoid confrontations or run away from engaged conflicts than complete them fully. And the graphics seems to be getting better and better as the game progresses :p One interesting thing: You need to mimic slapping a torch with your hand using the controller to revive a dying torchlight. :)

Preordered it on PSN, set it to download before work. Cant wait to go home now and get started. Its 35gb apparently and takes a total of 3 hrs to download ( 16mbps connection). SUPER STOKED!!

OMG these buggers have shipped it already! :eek:

wp_ss_20130614_0001.png

Holy crap, if I receive it today I guess Man of Steel is a goner. Tickets were booked yesterday evening. :(

Heh I am disconnecting myself completely from the outside world the moment I start playing it. And I am going to take it real slow. :p

Boss just approved a day off for Monday woot! :cool:

And the graphics seems to be getting better and better as the game progresses :p

Exactly! The night environments don't really do justice to the game. I just the reached the 'Capitol Building' and now the game looks extra sharp and vibrant, whereas earlier it looked fuzzy and washed out. Very engaging game though.

There is white kind of look in night sequences and its very annoying the daytime looks fabulous

I think Im nearing 50%. Thoroughly enjoying this! Yesterday night I was really scared that I stopped playing till today morning, because I was left alone in a completely dark environment! :eek: My only gripe is, every time, I feel "Thank God, I made it" rather than "Hell yeah, I did it", but I think that is how it was designed. You really feel like a survivor and are very vulnerable unlike the Hollywood action hero that Nathan Drake is :p[DOUBLEPOST=1371213014][/DOUBLEPOST]And I also like the autosave thing. It doesn't throw you to the start of a difficult part. It usually gets you back to where you are dead, even if it is the middle of a fight.

I dont know what was that day one patch for?
Btw spend couple of hours in this game.These are the things i liked so far
Impressive menu screen, detailing done there is really good.(just ignore the minor jaggies)
Dramatic intro. Naughty dog is best at that.
Melee attacks feels better than shooting.:D

Back