The LG Optimus 2x Thread

It has ?
Wow, that is surprising. Especially even after LG rolled out an official ICS update, something that Moto denied Atrix users like me !
The G2x didnt get ICS update from T-mobile. Only the LG Optimus 2x got it.

@boogeyman, just make a full wipe in recovery (wipe data, format /system) and flash the ROM. No gapps needed for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The G2x didnt get ICS update from T-mobile. Only the LG Optimus 2x got it.

@boogeyman, just make a full wipe in recovery (wipe data, format /system) and flash the ROM. No gapps needed for it :)

Thanks mate. How do I go to any ICS based ROMS (like for eg. DjangoManoucheX 1.6) from CM7.2.

I also want to have all my contacts, messages and apps on the new ROM. For this purpose I'm using MyBackup Root. I backup all the things I need, wipe data and flash the ROM, install MyBackup Root on the new ROM and restore everything. Is there a better way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate. How do I go to any ICS based ROMS (like for eg. DjangoManoucheX 1.6) from CM7.2.

I also want to have all my contacts, messages and apps on the new ROM. For this purpose I'm using MyBackup Root. I backup all the things I need, wipe data and flash the ROM, install MyBackup Root on the new ROM and restore everything. Is there a better way?

Contacts you can export to your SD card (as a vcf file) and import in the new ROM, for messages i use "SMS backup and restore" app which is really fast and simple (there's a similar app for call logs too from the same developer on the play store if you need it), and for apps, Titanium backup.
In order to use ICS based ROMs other than my Dovahkiin, you need to flash the new bootloader using AIO toolkit. This will wipe your internal SD, so back it up first. For more info on the two bootloaders, refer to this FAQ. For Dovahkiin, it is really simple, you just need to make a wipe and flash it, thats it. No need to do anything else like backup SD, change bootloader and partitions, restore SD etc.

Contacts you can export to your SD card (as a vcf file) and import in the new ROM, for messages i use "SMS backup and restore" app which is really fast and simple (there's a similar app for call logs too from the same developer on the play store if you need it), and for apps, Titanium backup.
In order to use ICS based ROMs other than my Dovahkiin, you need to flash the new bootloader using AIO toolkit. This will wipe your internal SD, so back it up first. For more info on the two bootloaders, refer to this FAQ. For Dovahkiin, it is really simple, you just need to make a wipe and flash it, thats it. No need to do anything else like backup SD, change bootloader and partitions, restore SD etc.

You can use Titanium Backup for backing up SMS/MMS and Call Logs as well. Same also applies for contacts, although i prefer to sync them to my Gmail account. I have used TB while backing up and restoring all of the above when going to JB from GB and vice versa as well. It works perfectly.

Also, nobody ported that ICS build for the G2x? Or is it too buggy to be a daily driver?

Back