The LG Optimus 2x Thread

You need nvflash for that, it's better to use harsh/tonyp's version of stock ics of you want to try it out since you can flash that using cwm.
Stock ics is stable and very much usable as a daily rom. There is the occasional sod but nothing major to worry about.
The choice of cm10 or stock ics on the following :
Cm10 is based on jb(4.1.2) while stock ics is android 4.0.4. Secondly, cm10 is more customizable (theme manager, status bar customization etc). But when using wifi, battery drains quickly, so in terms of battery life, stock ics is better :)
And you don't need to call me sir, it feels weird ;)

@rhravi

Tried, First CM10, Unable to resolve the BB/RIL Problem
Then, Tried Unlocked Stock ICS is Excellent, but unable to Use, same problem of BB/RIL, Any Solutions to Stick Stock ICS ?

@rhravi

Tried, First CM10, Unable to resolve the BB/RIL Problem
Then, Tried Unlocked Stock ICS is Excellent, but unable to Use, same problem of BB/RIL, Any Solutions to Stick Stock ICS ?

If you haven't tried it already, try the 420bb, if that doesn't work, try the 30c bb they extracted from the ics leak (search around, you should get the link). Never change ril on cm10 or stock ics roms. Always keep the default one.

If you haven't tried it already, try the 420bb, if that doesn't work, try the 30c bb they extracted from the ics leak (search around, you should get the link). Never change ril on cm10 or stock ics roms. Always keep the default one.

Are you facing Auto Date and Time sync Problem with 420BB ? every thing working fine with my BSNL SIM except Auto Date and Time Sync

Yes, the auto sync of date and time has always been a problem for SU660 base bands. There was a nitz fix available for cm7 made by pastime1971, you could search for a similar one or try that out, it's link is there in temasek's cm7 thread(don't know if it would on other roms). Date syncs fine, time synced is GMT, so for our time, add 5:30 hrs to it. It's not a major issue because once you set the time, it will store it correctly as long as you use the rom :)

that's really awesome rhlravi :) will give it a try..i am using the last MIUI build based on GB for the last 8 months and not much activity in trying new roms and hence was not active in TE for a while, the last try was the CM10 which i found very buggy so switched back to MIUI GB and happy with that.. looking forward to S4 :)

Thanks for the update gcbeldar :)

rhlravi, thanks for your work on MIUI4, unfortunately i had random restarts so switched back to MIUI GB, will try the new ones..

Hello everyone!

Its been quite a while since I posted on this forum :)
I just wanted to let you guys know that in the past 3 months, I've done a lot of work (development), building ROMs, kernels, and porting some ROMs too.

It has been a fascinating journey, this, in Android, and this phone has given me the chance to learn what I would never have learnt with a Nexus device :p

My work so far:
Projects:
MIUI v4 (JB) for LG Optimus 2x: For old bootloader | For new bootloader
P.A.C.Man hybrid ROM for LG Optimus 2x
CM10/MIUIv4 kernel with RAM hack + OC for ICS bootloader
Guide to build your own CM10/MIUIv4 kernel with RAM hack, OC
DOHVAKIIN :: A stock ICS v30 ROM for the old bootloader
Ubuntu phone OS for Optimus 2x

With the port of Ubuntu phone OS being the latest one.
In January, I became a Recognized contributor in xda too :)
Thanks to TE and xda communities for the support, and hope to continue this journey :D

Guys,

I'm having a problem with the Wi-fi. It just cant get an IP address dynamically. I have to set the IP, mask, gateway and DNS statically and only then Wi-fi will work. When its not static, it constantly tries to "Obtain IP address from <SSID>" and then times out.

Here's what I've tried
I was on CM7.1. I reset to factory settings and wiped cache... No luck
I then deleted everything and flashed CM7.2. It worked for sometime and again its back to this error.

@rhlravi can you help please?

Also, I would like to try Dovahkin 1.2 ROM. How do I go about upgrading from CM7.2 to this one?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry boogeyman as I am of no use here as I didn't face your mentioned or any WiFi issue with CM7 or MIUI or stock ROM, currently using LG's stock ICS and no issues.. only issue is the battery drain which I guess my battery is dying as its more than 1.5yrs old now.

sorry boogeyman as I am of no use here as I didn't face your mentioned or any WiFi issue with CM7 or MIUI or stock ROM, currently using LG's stock ICS and no issues.. only issue is the battery drain which I guess my battery is dying as its more than 1.5yrs old now.

Np bro, our phones are exactly the same age ;-)

Can you tell me though, how did you upgrade to stock ICS from CM7?

Back