The LG Optimus 2x Thread

UI is quite smooth, lots of CM9 based ROMs and kernels available. Video recording doesnt work with the regular camera app, you have to use an app called Videocam Illusion to record at 720p or lower. Battery life isnt that good, and the ROMs tend to get slow after using for a few days. But dont forget the much better UI and awesome ICS feeling :yahoo: .
I'd suggest you to take a nandroid of your current ROM and give a CM9 ROM a try, worth an experience for some time. Owain's build, Mr. XXHyde's build, EGB team's build, and ParanoidAndroid by tonyp are some good CM9 builds. MIUIv4 by bihariel has the best looks i've seen so far, but is a bit more limited in functionality. Here are some screenshots I had taken while using MIUIv4

UI is quite smooth, lots of CM9 based ROMs and kernels available. Video recording doesnt work with the regular camera app, you have to use an app called Videocam Illusion to record at 720p or lower. Battery life isnt that good, and the ROMs tend to get slow after using for a few days. But dont forget the much better UI and awesome ICS feeling :yahoo: .
I'd suggest you to take a nandroid of your current ROM and give a CM9 ROM a try, worth an experience for some time. Owain's build, Mr. XXHyde's build, EGB team's build, and ParanoidAndroid by tonyp are some good CM9 builds. MIUIv4 by bihariel has the best looks i've seen so far, but is a bit more limited in functionality. Here are some screenshots I had taken while using MIUIv4

Thanks... Hows CM9 battery-life compared to CM7's?

Why do you even try to download from cm Site when so many better unofficial builds are available on xda. Try temasek's or misjudgedtwat's build. Homero has also released a tweaked build recently.

It probably means that in titanium backup, there must be an application named lg pc suite, or similar. If you freeze or uninstall it, it should do the job.

Yes. ICS roms are great, but only lack hw acceleration now, and this will provide that. Many JB roms were not made due to the same reason. But now, expect the community to be flooded with JB roms soon :)

Pretty sure LG's own ICS implementation would be buggy.. Remember the time when they released GB after making everyone wait forever.. I've put Eaglesblood in my wife's phone and she's happy so far.. Lets see what devs will do with the official update..

Running benee's hackfest JB ROM since a few days, and i must say, it's outright the best 4.x ROM i've used. Its much faster and more stable than any ICS ROM. Apps open and switch as fast as in GB, and it hardly has any bugs (apart from the usual like no 1080p video recording or playback). Strongly recommend people to try it out. Very much usable as a daily driver, battery life is decent, CM10 themes look very good, scrolling is super smooth too. I dont mind sticking to this even forever in case LG messes up with the ICS update :)

Running benee's hackfest JB ROM since a few days, and i must say, it's outright the best 4.x ROM i've used. Its much faster and more stable than any ICS ROM. Apps open and switch as fast as in GB, and it hardly has any bugs (apart from the usual like no 1080p video recording or playback). Strongly recommend people to try it out. Very much usable as a daily driver, battery life is decent, CM10 themes look very good, scrolling is super smooth too. I dont mind sticking to this even forever in case LG messes up with the ICS update :)
Provide me link to try

Back