The LG Optimus 2x Thread

Well, O2X and Galaxy R users are on same boat.
We want ICS!!!
Great phones, with no upgrades is really bad! :(

A post in xda:
strait from LG facebook page:

"LG Mobile
‎[LG Official Statements on Ice Cream Sandwich OS Update]

LG firmly denies the rumors that claim LG will not be providing the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) OS update for the LG Optimus 2X. These rumors are NOT true. LG is currently in the process of planning the ICS OS update for the LG Optimus 2X as well as other LG high-end smartphones. Detailed information on the ICS OS update schedule for specific models will be announced, once the ICS OS is publicly released by Google. Please stay tuned for more updates from LG.

Thank you very much."

This is the second time that gsmarena has posted a rumor that o2x is not getting ics update. I don't know how many more times they will keep doing it :p

I went ahead and bought an O2X for 14.5k from Homeshop18. Received the phone yesterday and for the price I think its fantastic. Since it was on Froyo, I encountered the bug wherein on leaving the phone to charge, it freezes and needs the battery removed to be reset. Flashed it to official GB and thats fine.

Am facing an issue making calls though - whenever I try to make any calls I get a message saying "ACM Limit exceeded" and the call does not go through. Incoming calls, smses and data work fine though. The same sim works perfectly well on other phones. Tried with a different sim and the outgoing works. Could be a sim specific issue but strange that the same sim works well in other phones. Any of you guys facing this issue and any solutions? Or will I just have to get the sim replaced?

I went ahead and bought an O2X for 14.5k from Homeshop18. Received the phone yesterday and for the price I think its fantastic. Since it was on Froyo, I encountered the bug wherein on leaving the phone to charge, it freezes and needs the battery removed to be reset. Flashed it to official GB and thats fine.

Am facing an issue making calls though - whenever I try to make any calls I get a message saying "ACM Limit exceeded" and the call does not go through. Incoming calls, smses and data work fine though. The same sim works perfectly well on other phones. Tried with a different sim and the outgoing works. Could be a sim specific issue but strange that the same sim works well in other phones. Any of you guys facing this issue and any solutions? Or will I just have to get the sim replaced?

Hi well congrats on d purchase, i also got d phone from hs18 for d same price very happy, but d manufacturing date is more than year old and got d famous lcd leak issue from top when viewd from 45 degree angel, wonder if any replacement is possible from lg as its been discontinued. btw did u receive bill with imei no. on it,i have not, i have not yet rooted and hope that lg brings ics soon keeping my fingers crossed. Not sure what kind of issue ur having. I dont have any problem making calls. Cheers.

Didnt notice any lcd leak. Will have to check look at it closely and see if any such issues - got it for my bro so will check and update if any leak. Likewise for the bill.
Any recommendations for a scratchguard and cover for this phone? Think i read somewhere in the thread that the Amzer cover scratches the phone?

@tiblu the bill does not have the IMEI number mentioned on it for me as well. No light leakage issue at all for my piece. What battery life are you getting?
Under heavy use - lots of fidgeting, angry birds, temple run etc I need to charge it in about 6 hours or so. The weird thing is that under battery info, it shows that cell standby
is using about 50-60% of the battery. What do the rest of you think about this? Similar with your phones as well?

As for the ACM limit exceeded issue, I still cannot make any outgoing calls. Went to the loop mobile gallery and they say that its not an issue with the sim card but apparently some phone
settings have to be changed. They asked me to go to the service center for this. Plan on calling homeshop18 for this as I am not too confident about the service center (had a bad experience
with Sony service center). Is this something related to baseband or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about this one?Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case - for LG Optimus 2X P990 Black | eBay
Since this is silicone I dont think it would scratch the phone. What are you using now? And what about a scratchguard?

Yes that wont scratch your phone. I never used a screen guard. The gorilla glass on this is very strong. I once hit it into the end of a table very hard and nothing happened.
I am not using any case for it now as i sold mine to a friend. But i miss my o2x :p

Thanks will probably pick up that case the. What was the battery life you got with the O2x? I need to charge mine once every 6-7 hours on heavy use but what I am most concerned about is the cell standby which shows 50-60% of battery consumption inspite of a lot of screen on time and playing games etc. Is this common with all the O2x phones or do I need to make some changes with the settings.

Still stuck with the ACM limit exceeded message preventing me from making calls. The guys at Loop mobile say its some setting with the handset which is causing the problem and have asked to take it to the LG service center and on calling LG support they say that since the phone is working with other sim cards, its a fault of the sim card (the sim which shows the ACM limit exceeded works perfectly well in other phones though). Am a bit flummoxed about this but hopefully will have this sorted out soon. If anyone has any idea about this please post in your views.

Thanks will probably pick up that case the. What was the battery life you got with the O2x? I need to charge mine once every 6-7 hours on heavy use but what I am most concerned about is the cell standby which shows 50-60% of battery consumption inspite of a lot of screen on time and playing games etc. Is this common with all the O2x phones or do I need to make some changes with the settings.

Still stuck with the ACM limit exceeded message preventing me from making calls. The guys at Loop mobile say its some setting with the handset which is causing the problem and have asked to take it to the LG service center and on calling LG support they say that since the phone is working with other sim cards, its a fault of the sim card (the sim which shows the ACM limit exceeded works perfectly well in other phones though). Am a bit flummoxed about this but hopefully will have this sorted out soon. If anyone has any idea about this please post in your views.

I never used the stock rom. So cant comment on the battery life it offered. But on miui i used to get past 1 day on 3g with moderate - heavy usage.
I was also using swift extreme kernel. It had almost 0 battery drain in standby mode.

@rhlravi & thegame

I restored Stock ROM [v20h] back. Then I updated with LG PC Suit, It updated to v20i and unrooted my O2X, found better performance and battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:
rhlravi & thegame

I restored Stock ROM [v20h] back. Then I updated with LG PC Suit, It updated to v20i and unrooted my O2X, found better performance and battery life.
v20i is still having problems
After call my screens display goes out .. i have to take out the battery in order to get working again.
Some times i am also not able the pick the calls..

Strange

v20i is still having problems
After call my screens display goes out .. i have to take out the battery in order to get working again.
Some times i am also not able the pick the calls..

Strange

Good to hear that. I guess i'll stick to CM7 and from time to time try CM9 builds just for fun. They get slow after a few days.

Back