The LG Optimus 2x Thread

1. For contacts, calendar events I sync them with my google account and I feel its thee best (my choice though :))
2. For SMS, i use SMS Backup and Restore -->https://play.google.com/store/apps/...vbS5yaXRlc2hzYWh1LlNNU0JhY2t1cFJlc3RvcmUiXQ.. its a free app..
3. For user apps+data, I use Titanium backup, backup is really a simple one at the click of a button but when restoring you have to restore it one by one (pirated one does it at the click of a button -- sorry for this illegal tip :p)

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Sir, As soon i connect the phone to my laptop, laptop show nothing, but starts charging phone, when i make on SD CARD, Phone hangs and Laptop shown Driver problem in device manager. Many people facing the problem, below is one example

USB isssues LG Optimus 2X | MIUIAndroid - Redefining Android

try this.. USB connection problem with LG optimus 2x

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Thanks a lot...was able to return to stock...visit to service center went good...headphone plug needs changing due to some dust issues.

are they (LG service guys) checking whether the phone is rooted or not as when i went for my LG Optimus one service (one of the LED notification lights was not working), the guy told me since the light is embedded with the board, the board has to be changed and he replaced mine with a brand new one and also have a new set of headphones (had some issues with the headphones).

Actually i just updated my O1 to GB (this happened in Nov 2011) and when the new board was put in, I asked the service guy whether it will have the original Froyo or the new GB and he told me sorry, it will be Froyo only but to my surprise it had GB -- what am i trying to say is that these guys didn't have any clue about the software part of the phone... :)

@thegame,
I made a backup of LG Stock ROM, Tried to restore, but after restore, it is not switching ON, it is going in loop, Only displaying White LG Logo and rebooting, can you light in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
thegame,
I made a backup of LG Stock ROM, Tried to restore, but after restore, it is not switching ON, it is going in loop, Only displaying White LG Logo and rebooting, can you light in this regard.

sorry dude I have not tried the backup and restore feature (CWM) as i just Wipe Data and try the roms.. have you tried rhlravi's steps to recovery/revert to stock rom?

Few links on how to revert to stock rom:
LG Optimus 2x - How to flash to stock rom - YouTube
[Q] Stock Rom for India and procedure for installation - xda-developers

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Any feedback on this rom EAGLESBLOODâ„¢ ICS "AOSP" http://www.eaglesblood.com/#!Download AOSP|cnzj

[ROM] AOSP*****|EaglesBloodâ„¢|*****ICS 4.0.4 [p990] - xda-developers

Nightly builds are frequent builds with small updates to the previous build. RC are pre-release revisions which are nearly stable with nearly all features working perfectly. Stable means that a fully functional bug free version has been developed and released.

thegame,

After searching, i am unable to understand that "Stock ROM Backup in ext3" after installing CM7 filesystem changes to ext4. Request to guide to restore my back

No, baseband will remain unaffected no matter what ROM you install. Baseband and ROM are flashed separately, so i recommend you to flash BB 824 and then CM7. You need to perform a full wipe before the BB flash, so backup everything on internal storage and all apps using Titanium Backup.

Flash this RIL: LG 824 RIL

using 'LG RIL version' app after flashing BB and CM7.

Please check the image and suggest me to flashView attachment 12588

Please check the image and suggest me to flashView attachment 12588

You have 725 BB, so install a 725 RIL if it is not pre-installed already. Use GetRIL app for this, if it says that "baseband and RIL are matching", then you are fine, else install the RIL which it says is matching, from the list.
If you have poor in-call quality even after matching BB and RIL, check if you phone is made in Korea (behind battery), and flash latest 420 BB and RIL. Full information on what to flash, and how to flash can be found in this useful page:
P990 complete baseband overview thread

First Thanks, Sorry for unable to post Correct Information, because Changed MIUI to CM7 stable then Installed GetRil.
* With GetRil it is very easy to Match BB/Ril.
* I have changed ROM from MIUI to CM7 Stable, I found Quite Fast (Very Fast) and "Feeling that with matching BB/RIL battery life increased.
* Found with BB : 725 RIL : V10d, Europe, with I check balance (Using BSNL) by USSD, network disconnects and reconnects within few seconds.

I had the USSD issues with CM7. 10/10 when I try those USSD codes the n/w disconnects and reconnects. With MIUI, USSD codes work 8/10 times..

Well I finally did it. Flashed CM7 - 20120603 nightly. Been using it since about a week. No problems so far. I had backed up all my data using MyBackup Root. Restored them all without any issues.

Also installed BB 0521 and RIL 0725 (V20f). I came to know of this combination from XDA and I have to say, its giving me amazing call-quality and network stability. I used to have issues of completely losing network, it used to set itself to WCDMA preferred and I had to manually set it using the 4636 menu. Those seem to have fixed with this BB.

Is it possible to PORT MIUI ROM [2.4.20] apps Notes, Sound Recorder, Phone to CM7 ?
I tried but got error.
even I tried running the MIUI apks but resulted in error, MIUI and CM share similar code..
just tried the GoLauncher EX laucher, locker, weather etc and those stuff have improved a lot from a year ago.. now planning to switch to stock rom, root and remove the unwanted apks and have the GoLauncher stuff :)

Tried MIUI v4. Simply blown away by its looks and available theme collection. Can sacrifice performance and features for these awesome anesthetic features :D

Back