Present Information :

Android Version : 2.3.4

Baseband Version : 1035.21_20110725

Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9

Build Number : GRJ23

LGE Version : LG990-V20h

Presently I am feeling Very Bad with Battery Life

As i am New to Android, Request suggesations/Link to Learn More

If you are coming from a feature phone/Symbian phone to an Android, you will feel that the battery life is bad, but you will get used to it soon. I suggest exploring xda developers 2x forum for learning more about the phone and trying tweaks, hacks and mods.

Be careful while buying these unbranded batteries from such sites. They may have a capacity much higher than stock one but may provide even worse battery life due to cheap quality materials. May also be unsafe.

Any News about ICS Update ?

No, expect it to come in Q3 or, Q4, with the latter being more likely. I think an early leak, giving us the HAL drivers, or the drivers being released by NVIDIA(unlikely) is our best bet in the near future, so that CM9 can be fully functional.

Worst case is that we'll have to wait till Q4.

After using for a week,

1. Found O2x is Excellent as per my requirement.

2. Initially, battery getting drained very fast with "DATA Connection always ON for email Alert",

- after that I use to check email every 30 to 60min by manually connecting the DATA Connection Making ON.

- With this, I am getting Battery for 1 day.

- Now i am Looking for "DATA Connection ON and OFF Auto for every 30 to 60min"

3. Browsing in 3G mode getting Battery Drained and Heating (I am presently using BSNL 3G).

- Found Extended Battery Life in 2G Mode with "Vodafone 2G-GRPS/EDGE" Also No Heating Issue.

- Thinking to switch over to BSNL to Vodafone.

Waiting for Comments

LG Germany says that the update will roll out in Q2, and that LG India and LG Singapore have no connection with Germany's update schedule.
Also remember that GSMArena had also posted the rumor that our O2x is never going to get the update at all, so dont believe it completely.
Dont get your hopes high, but just pointing out. Anyway, if the update is coming out even in late Q3, we should have leaks by start-middle of Q3, as it happened with Gingerbread :)

good point bro but by the time ICS comes we would have Jelly bean rolling out :) i guess google and the manufactures have to really fix this problem so that we the consumers get the best use of our products.. say S3 will be out now for sales with ICS and when Jelly bean comes, Sammy will take 5-6 months for its update..in the end at any point of time you don't get to have the latest OS, provided google keeps updating them at this rate..

Google preparing up to five Android 5.0 Jelly Bean Nexus phones - TechSpot News

If Google rolls out Jelly bean in Q2 or Q3, then it will lead to severe fragmentation. Froyo was released ~6 months after eclair and was followed by GB ~6 months later, which created an absolute mess with most phones still on eclair when GB landed.
This was not the case for GB-ICS. The time gap between GB and ICS was proper, ~1 year. In that time, many phones were on to GB because GB got time to spread and get stabilized. So now if JB gets released soon, the same froyo problem will occur again, and most phones would not even have updated to ICS when JB lands.
IMO, Froyo and GB should have been a single combined update in ~Q3-Q4 2010, and similarly, JB and further updates should be yearly and significant, not small and half yearly.

so rhlravi what ROM are you using in your 2x? me using MIUI for the last 4-5months and the current one is April 20th version.. 2.4.20 with the inbuilt kernel... sad that MIUI have not rolled out ICS and i guess when LG does they will come up with it...the reason i asked is that its been a while i tried roms so want to do them again :) btw tried Ricardo Cerqueira ICS but felt MIUI a lot better interms of stability and easy use..

I keep toggling ROMs. I went from stock LG-> CM7-> CM9-> Stock Djangomanouche-> CM7-> CM9 :)
About MIUI for ICS, then i suppose Wajk's ICS ROM is a slightly modded one of CM9 only?
ICS ROMs have improved a bit since I last used them, so i may stay with CM9 for some time (Nova HD), then again switch to CM7. 1 ROM for a month and then a switch means I wont get bored of one and experience the fun of both :)

Suggest me stable ROM for my current P990 [Stock Android 2.3.4, baseband 1035.21_20110725, kernel ver : 2.6.32.9, build : Grj23, LGE ver : LGP990-V20h]

Suggest me stable ROM for my current P990 [Stock Android 2.3.4, baseband 1035.21_20110725, kernel ver : 2.6.32.9, build : Grj23, LGE ver : LGP990-V20h]

Stock based ROM: Full functionality, average performance, below par customizability, good battery life
Cyanogenmod 7: Nearly full functionality, excellent performance, good customizability, very good stability, good battery life
MIUI: Decent performance, decent battery life, excellent customizability (looks awesome, has most themes)
Cyanogenmod 9: ~90 percent functionality, below par battery life, good customizability, fresh ICS look and feel, good performance

So there you have it, choose a ROM based on your needs

Thanks a lot, Installed "7.2.0-RC3-P990" seems fast will update about Battery Life.

I have made Tit Backup of Stock Application after installing CM7 i am unable to find to restore. I am badly in need of "Poloris Office". Is there a way to restore ?

Back