~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hp-india said:
^^ Thanks for the suggestions. I was also looking at Nokia 5320 XPressMusic. It seems to satisfy most of my requirements and it is Symbian, but overshoots my budget clearly by near about 1K. Now if I am tempted to increase my budget to 10K max, what would be my options other than the 5320XM..?

Apart from the average battery life, the Nokia 5320 XM is a decent option and the only one with a Symbian OS.

Other Options:

SE K810 ~ 10.2K*

SE C510 ~ 10.1K*

Samsung U800 Soul ~ 9.4K* (Avg. battery life)

Samsung Star S5233 ~ 9.2K* (Touchscreen)

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks TTM... I think I'll settle for a 5320XM. I want to make the move to Symbian OS after years of S40 mobiles. This looks like the decent and cheap S60 mobile I'm looking for.

siddharthshukla said:
Guyz how is the SE G700?? Isn't it better than the samsung i450. I feel its the best value for money phone for arnd 10k.

The SE G700 sure is better than the Samsung i450 as far as features & performance goes.

Although, the i450's Symbian OS has an edge over the g700's UIQ OS.

Abh1shek said:
Looking for phone in 30k. Want a mini comp basically to carry around with me, so email, chatting, internet etc. Diamond 2 ? Touch Pro? N97?

Your Options:

HTC Touch Pro ~ 31.8K* ~ QWERTY keypad, 3MP Cam, 2.8" Display

HTC Touch Diamond2 ~ 28.7K* ~ Sleek, 5MP Cam, 3.2" Display

Samsung i900 Omnia ~ 25.5K* ~ Cheaper, Great features, 5MP Cam, 3.2" Display

For a simple yet fun experience, there's the Apple iPhone 3G 8GB (29.9K*)

Other options are beyond your budget.

~ T.T.M ~

puns said:
looking for touchscreen options, windows mobile . price : upto 10 k. good battery life.

Thanks.

Your options are HTC P3400 and Asus P320.
I am not sure if the Asus P320 costs less than 10k or not. In some states and stores it is available for as less as 9k but in some other ones it is selling for 11k. So do search for it and see how much it costs.

For people from Tamilnadu....

this company(poorvika) has reduced the price of Nokia N82 to 15,000/- while others still maintain it for ~18,000 like univercel and wavetel...

N82 PRICE IN POORVIKA

N82 PRICE IN UNIVERCEL

personally, i thought of buying N79 at 17,500 in a month's time. this N82 was priced above N79, bt, poorvika has reduced it to 15,000 now...donno why...:S...hope its not an exchange deal or some other *conditions apply crap...:bleh:

Which budget phone under 2.5K, need for only calling/SMSing. Good battery backup is the primary criterion.

Btw hows Samsung Solar Guru E1107 , any reviews? is it worth the extra money put in?

*noob question* Do we need Tri-Band Phone, I will be using a BSNL/Vodafone sim, I hope dual band phone is enough for that?

hotshot05 said:
Your options are HTC P3400 and Asus P320.
I am not sure if the Asus P320 costs less than 10k or not. In some states and stores it is available for as less as 9k but in some other ones it is selling for 11k. So do search for it and see how much it costs.

Asus P320 is yet another option at 10.2K + 4% VAT.

Looking to buy a new phone to replace my SE w810i. Budget is 10k

Features-

Big screen - 2.2" and above for internet browsing

Camera at least as decent as my current w810

Touchscreen optional

Good connectivity options - 3G, Edge etc. WiFi optional

Good battery life

Have been a long term SE user, and i find the c510 to be quite interesting, also thinking about the g700 for its bigger screen and decent feature set at a similar price. What else can i consider? I dont mind moving away from Sony Ericsson :)

fangface said:
Looking to buy a new phone to replace my SE w810i. Budget is 10k

Features-

Big screen - 2.2" and above for internet browsing
Camera at least as decent as my current w810
Touchscreen optional
Good connectivity options - 3G, Edge etc. WiFi optional
Good battery life

Have been a long term SE user, and i find the c510 to be quite interesting, also thinking about the g700 for its bigger screen and decent feature set at a similar price. What else can i consider? I dont mind moving away from Sony Ericsson :)

You can check out the Nokia 3600 Fold and Nokai 5610XM too.
The SE C510 is a pretty good option too.

Special thanks to toxic & hotshot who responded to my queries about the 5130XM earlier. I've finally bought it. It is because of your help that I was able to buy the phone with the knowledge of what I'm getting for the cash I plonk down. So I could make the purchase with a lot more confidence. Keep up the good work.:hap2:

Hopefully, I'll be able to put up a short first impression/ review post soon. I think I owe it to all the forum members. Ciao.

setuniket said:
Which budget phone under 2.5K, need for only calling/SMSing. Good battery backup is the primary criterion.

Btw hows Samsung Solar Guru E1107 , any reviews? is it worth the extra money put in?

*noob question* Do we need Tri-Band Phone, I will be using a BSNL/Vodafone sim, I hope dual band phone is enough for that?

t.t.m sir need your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back