~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
For ~1K more, your best option would be the Nokia N86 !

And I suggest you get the phone from wherever they're giving an international warranty else purchase it in India.

~ T.T.M ~

N86 is outside my budget. It comes to about 24,000 in UAE & India. Whats the next best option within 20,000 ? Is there anything wrong with N85 ?

major9 said:
N86 is outside my budget. It comes to about 24,000 in UAE & India. Whats the next best option within 20,000 ? Is there anything wrong with N85 ?

It's just that between the two models, the Nokia N86 is worth the extra investment.

Anyways, there's nothing seriously wrong with the Nokia N85 and its quite capable.
So go ahead ! :hap2:

thetoxicmind said:
There's nothing in this price range or even higher, that meets your requirements, especially considering the fact that you need a 3.5mm jack.

If you need a decent phone for work, check out the Nokia E51 (camera-free) version or the older Nokia E62.

~ T.T.M ~
How about the Samsung E1410? Techtree reviewed it and gave it 3.5 stars. It does have its drawbacks (as mentioned in the review) but yeah, I couldn't find any other option which is why I posted here.

b_naresh said:
How about the Samsung E1410? Techtree reviewed it and gave it 3.5 stars. It does have its drawbacks (as mentioned in the review) but yeah, I couldn't find any other option which is why I posted here.

Thought you wanted a music phone with a 3.5mm audio jack?

If its an entry level phone you need, I'll suggest a few based on your requirements.

netwitx said:
hello TTM

how is SE G700 ?

Thanks in advance

Although the 'UIQ' OS its based on isn't particularly popular, the G700 as a device, offers a lot for the asking price.

Thrown in a touchscreen and you've got one hell of a performer.

It's a perfect device for the professional environment and not to be confused with full-fledged entertainment.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
There's nothing in this price range or even higher, that meets your requirements, especially considering the fact that you need a 3.5mm jack.

If you need a decent phone for work, check out the Nokia E51 (camera-free) version or the older Nokia E62.

~ T.T.M ~
What are my options if I drop the 3.5mm jack requirement? What about availability of E51 non-camera version? It doesn't show up in the list of current phones on the Nokia India website.

Need to buy a phone by 25th, should i buy blackberry bold 9000 ? or wait for the E72 to launch in Q3 2009. currently using E90.

I use my phone for browsing,IM,music,APPS.

Hows BB app store ? any jail break kinda thingy in it ?

TIA

b_naresh said:
What are my options if I drop the 3.5mm jack requirement? What about availability of E51 non-camera version? It doesn't show up in the list of current phones on the Nokia India website.

Non-Camera Phones :

SE M600 ~ 16K* , Poor Availability
SE W950 ~ 15-16K* , Poor Availability
Nokia E61 ~ 15.3K*
BlackBerry 8830 ~ 13-16K*
Nokia E51 Camera-Free ~ Pricing & Availability Unknown
SE G700 Business Edition ~ Pricing & Availability Unknown
Nokia E62 ~ 9.1K*
Samsung F200 ~ 6.7K*

^ It's one of these OR a very basic phone.

~ T.T.M ~

NoName01 said:
Need to buy a phone by 25th, should i buy blackberry bold 9000 ? or wait for the E72 to launch in Q3 2009. currently using E90.

I use my phone for browsing,IM,music,APPS.

Hows BB app store ? any jail break kinda thingy in it ?

TIA

Excuse me for saying this :ashamed:

Nokia E72 FTW !!! :hap2:

One hell of a device...

~ T.T.M ~

aruka said:
According to budget 2009, mobiles were to become cheaper. Has it started to reflect?
BTW, whats the best price fr nokia n79, currently? Im planning to buy one. Should I wait for a few more days/weeks or can I go ahead?

And, to check some prices in Tamil nadu... guys u can use these links...
The MobileStore
UniverCell
Wavetel Mobiles
Sri Vasavi Mobiles
::: Welcome to Poorvika Mobile World :::
:: Hello World :: -
And, some chinese mobiles...
chinese mobile phones -SoloMobi.com

This thread is not to showcase links of any sort!

Anyways, Nokia N79 ~ 14.4K* !

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
Although the 'UIQ' OS its based on isn't particularly popular, the G700 as a device, offers a lot for the asking price.

Thrown in a touchscreen and you've got one hell of a performer.

It's a perfect device for the professional environment and not to be confused with full-fledged entertainment.

~ T.T.M ~

UIQ is dead.
No company is producing any more applications for that OS.

Also the company which produced UIQ has gone bankrupt and closed shop.
So no more firmware updates to iron out the bugs in the OS.

Keep these in mind while buying that product.

thetoxicmind said:
This thread is not to showcase links of any sort!

Anyways, Nokia N79 ~ 14.4K* !

~ T.T.M ~

How did the price fall so much so quickly?? Almost 3k shaved off from the price of the N79.

Did the new budget really have any effect on the phone price??? I thought only the accessories were going to be cheaper(so said some mobile shop owners on TV).

What about the price of the Nokia E63, Nokia 6210 Navigator and Nokia 5800XM??

Need some help :)

Any opinions on the Nokia 6212 classic? Its a S40 phone with avg specs but comes with a 'Near Field Communications' chip. I have an option to buy this phone for 5k as part of a new product test between Vodafone-Nokia-Citibank in Bangalore.

What do you think? Worth picking up for 5k?

fangface said:

Any opinions on the Nokia 6212 classic? Its a S40 phone with avg specs but comes with a 'Near Field Communications' chip. I have an option to buy this phone for 5k as part of a new product test between Vodafone-Nokia-Citibank in Bangalore.

Not a bad price for the features it has. It is a good offer.

Check the features here: Nokia 6212 classic - Full phone specifications

hotshot05 said:
UIQ is dead.
No company is producing any more applications for that OS.

Also the company which produced UIQ has gone bankrupt and closed shop.
So no more firmware updates to iron out the bugs in the OS.

Keep these in mind while buying that product.

It can still be considered by those who are neither going to fill it up with 3P apps nor worry about the bugs.

It's stable enough for all basic operations.

hotshot05 said:
How did the price fall so much so quickly?? Almost 3k shaved off from the price of the N79.
Did the new budget really have any effect on the phone price??? I thought only the accessories were going to be cheaper(so said some mobile shop owners on TV).

What about the price of the Nokia E63, Nokia 6210 Navigator and Nokia 5800XM??

Well, it all comes down to the popularity, sales figures & stock clearance.

Prices:

Nokia E63 ~ 12K*
Nokia 5800 XM ~ 16.5K*
Nokia 6210 Navi ~ 14K*

~ T.T.M ~

fangface said:

Frankly, its an average phone !
But 5K seems fair enough.

So I'll let you decide. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back