~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Wanna buy a new phone under 8k.

Have been using a razr v3i since 2.5yrs.

my main requirements are "LOOKS"

i am "not" looking out for too many functionalities just the basic stuff available in all phones today.

My preferences would be Flip or slider(no candy bar).

i have shortlisted the Rokr Em30(i know its candy bar but it looks sexy) and moto u9(black one)[both cost around 7.5k]. I din`t like any nokia phone as far as looks go.

No pda`s or touchscreens(not comfortable with them)

Can u suggest any other "good looking phone is that range" my main requirement as far as features go is call quality.

Thank you

Can someone suggest a good NON Camera phone (banned at work).

I already have a W950i.

Im looking at the E51/E61/BB 8830. If there is nothing else other than these, than which one of the three?

Basic needs are music and a big screen.

amul_capri said:
Can someone suggest a good NON Camera phone (banned at work).

I already have a W950i.

Im looking at the E51/E61/BB 8830. If there is nothing else other than these, than which one of the three?

Basic needs are music and a big screen.

A few more apart from the ones you've already mentioned :

SE G700 Business Edition

SE M600

Nokia E62

Frankly, The SE W950i you currently own is the best among all these options, meeting your primary requirements.

If you really need a change, then give the SE M600 a try...

BB's aren't really meant for entertainment...

And the older E-series models have simply become good business tools and nothing more !

~ T.T.M ~

Roxtin said:
I am looking to upgrade my cellphone currently I have a Nokia 6300 and Motorokr E6. I am looking forward to upgrade to a PDA/Smartphone.

Budget: 12k to 15k max

Required Features:

• GPS
  • Wifi
  • MP3/Video Playback (good quality)
  • Mails support
  • Keypad (Qwerty would be great, as typing messages on my E6 using stylus is PIA)

Some of the cells which I have shortlisted are:

Asus P527 seems good and VFM for 12k (Have a keypad though not Qwerty)

Blackberry 8320 ~15k unlocked (But am confused on its GPS support, thought it has Qwerty keypad) I have never used a BB before

HTC Touch Viva ~14k (Does not have GPS :()

Any suggestions and views would be welcome.

Forget the Blackberry for now.

Time to prioritize...

If your ready to miss out on GPS and enjoy the QWERTY, the Nokia E63 (12K*) is the device !

Miss out on GPS, enjoy the touchscreen and PDA/Win functionality, the HTC Touch Viva (13.3K*) it is !

And if you really need GPS...

ASUS P527 (12K*) is a better option compared to the HTC P3300 !

This should help.:p

~ T.T.M ~

dgeneration911 said:
Wanna buy a new phone under 8k.

Have been using a razr v3i since 2.5yrs.

my main requirements are "LOOKS"
i am "not" looking out for too many functionalities just the basic stuff available in all phones today.

My preferences would be Flip or slider(no candy bar).

i have shortlisted the Rokr Em30(i know its candy bar but it looks sexy) and moto u9(black one)[both cost around 7.5k]. I din`t like any nokia phone as far as looks go.
No pda`s or touchscreens(not comfortable with them)
Can u suggest any other "good looking phone is that range" my main requirement as far as features go is call quality.

Thank you

Your Options :

Motorola EM30 ~ 8K*

Samsung F270 Beat ~ 7.1K*
Nokia 7510 Supernova ~ 6.9K*

And where are you getting the Moto U9 for 7.5K !?

~ T.T.M ~

@thetoxicmind dude you are amazing!!

i have a quick requirement for a music phone for my sis

budget - 5-6k

audio quality shuold be good - phone should be loud as well when played from the speakers

memory 4-8 gb

looks-> last priority, durability -> first priority

bar type

thanks and cheers!! :)

Emil said:
What are the issues?

Originally Posted by thetoxicmind View Post

Isn't really a wise option !

^Next time, please quote the complete text.

First Off, its a Gigabyte phone!

PDA's require a lot of refinement in terms of hardware and software and it takes time & experience to get it right.

This being an offering from a newcomer in the mobile phone industry is not an ideal option for now.

OS stability & ergonomic issues have been reported by the few who own this phone.

Let's not forget the 'cheap Chinese phone' look it sports.

~ T.T.M ~

saurabhnarula said:
@thetoxicmind dude you are amazing!!
i have a quick requirement for a music phone for my sis
budget - 5-6k
audio quality shuold be good - phone should be loud as well when played from the speakers
memory 4-8 gb
looks-> last priority, durability -> first priority
bar type

thanks and cheers!! :)

Best Options:

LG GM200 ~ 5.7K*
Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*

And if you want something REALLY DURABLE :

Samsung Marine B2100 ~ 5.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

thanks a lot!!

the durability concern comes from the fact that my sis is a little careless when it comes to her phones, she keep throwing them around, loosing them/forgetting them here n thr..bw shes a college student :)

LG GM200 is a complete surprise i must say, was not considering any other brand apart from nokia, would have considered this phone if i had to buy it for myself as my sis is a casual listener :)

i can strike off B2100 easily from the list as i am not too serious about such levels of durability :)

also nokia 5130, well i had purchased two sets in one go, one for my dad and for my uncle, though it has a separate audio processor, i was not really appealed by its sound quality and overall build quality, it was too much of plastic, do you think i should consider ore phones apart from that, one thin also concerns me is the resale value of these handsets, nokia can be sold easily, lg and others i am not sure

thanks
thetoxicmind said:
Best Options:

LG GM200 ~ 5.7K*

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*

And if you want something REALLY DURABLE :

Samsung Marine B2100 ~ 5.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

saurabhnarula said:
thanks a lot!!

the durability concern comes from the fact that my sis is a little careless when it comes to her phones, she keep throwing them around, loosing them/forgetting them here n thr..bw shes a college student :)

LG GM200 is a complete surprise i must say, was not considering any other brand apart from nokia, would have considered this phone if i had to buy it for myself as my sis is a casual listener :)

i can strike off B2100 easily from the list as i am not too serious about such levels of durability :)

also nokia 5130, well i had purchased two sets in one go, one for my dad and for my uncle, though it has a separate audio processor, i was not really appealed by its sound quality and overall build quality, it was too much of plastic, do you think i should consider ore phones apart from that, one thin also concerns me is the resale value of these handsets, nokia can be sold easily, lg and others i am not sure

thanks

If the Nokia 5130 feels too plasticky, why dont you try out the Nokia 6300. It is pretty stable and durable.

I'm looking for non Java phone with WIFI & GPS. I want to use it for checking mails & twitting using my office/home WIFI. Touch isn't needed as I message a lot & I read somewhere that touchphones isn't good for that.
I liked the N85 as it fits in my budget of Rs.20,000. What do you think of this phone ?
I'm planning to get the phone from UAE.

Also in Saudi Arabia Nokia is giving International Warranty but in Abu Dhabi they are giving only UAE warranty. Will it be possible to write to Nokia saying that I changed my residence & need to shift my warranty to India. This is possible for Dell & HTC.

I'm not allowed to take my camera phone(W810i) inside our client's ODC and am considering buying a non-camera phone. My requirement is a sturdy non-camera phone with good battery life and great audio quality and 3.5mm jack having a price upto 10K. Please suggest some good options.

b_naresh said:
I'm not allowed to take my camera phone(W810i) inside our client's ODC and am considering buying a non-camera phone. My requirement is a sturdy non-camera phone with good battery life and great audio quality and 3.5mm jack having a price upto 10K. Please suggest some good options.

There's nothing in this price range or even higher, that meets your requirements, especially considering the fact that you need a 3.5mm jack.

If you need a decent phone for work, check out the Nokia E51 (camera-free) version or the older Nokia E62.

~ T.T.M ~

major9 said:
I'm looking for non Java phone with WIFI & GPS. I want to use it for checking mails & twitting using my office/home WIFI. Touch isn't needed as I message a lot & I read somewhere that touchphones isn't good for that.
I liked the N85 as it fits in my budget of Rs.20,000. What do you think of this phone ?
I'm planning to get the phone from UAE.

Also in Saudi Arabia Nokia is giving International Warranty but in Abu Dhabi they are giving only UAE warranty. Will it be possible to write to Nokia saying that I changed my residence & need to shift my warranty to India. This is possible for Dell & HTC.

For ~1K more, your best option would be the Nokia N86 !

And I suggest you get the phone from wherever they're giving an international warranty else purchase it in India.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back