~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
The perfect option would be the Nokia 6303 Classic (6.6K*) !

But if you want better looking, 3G capable devices, these are your options :

SE G502 ~ 6.8K*
Samsung L700 ~ 6.6K*

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks a lot.:D Was really confused b/w those two.
I had asked for a mobile for my mom within 2k range with FM and you suggested me Nokia 1661 and E1210. Actually I do not need FM and so i thought to go with E1070 which you had suggested for another person. But then today i saw my friend having E1080. It looks far better than the E1070 and he said he got it for 1.5k. Performance wise is it better than the E1070? It has still not been listed by the univercell website :(
The specs says the E1080 has a 800mAh battery against the 750mAh battery in the E1070. But the estimated talk time in the E1080 is only 3hrs whereas in the E1070 its close to 7hrs 43mins. Hows that possible?
Needs:
*Good battery backup
*Will use it for atleast 3 years

I want to buy a new phone req s60 os(or any other os which can multitask ) music 3.5 headfone jack, fm budget 10k to 11k have shotlisted nokia e63(how is the musicquality in e63) dont need a qwerty keypad,push mail. camera not important any other phone that i should look at
pl advise
thanks

Sai@tech said:
I want to buy a new phone req s60 os(or any other os which can multitask ) music 3.5 headfone jack, fm budget 10k to 11k have shotlisted nokia e63(how is the musicquality in e63) dont need a qwerty keypad,push mail. camera not important any other phone that i should look at
pl advise
thanks

Unfortunately, the Nokia E63's audio quality isn't great.
I suggest you verify the same in person.

That apart, your only other option is the Nokia 5320 XM (9.7K*).
But it does have an average battery life.

You'll need to increase your budget to get a decent Symbian phone.

~ T.T.M ~

Hi TTM,

I need your best suggestion on this so please help me :)

I want to buy Cheapest Possible CDMA Mobile Phone, so that I can insert Reliance or TATA SIM into it.

I don't need any camera / color screen / music etc., what I need is Basic CDMA Handset with Good Sound Clarity and Great Battery Life....

Please Help me :)

- Wishes :)

haider_up32 said:
urgent advice needed on Gigabyte WM phones .Read the thread http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/won-in-ebay-auction-138834.html

Are there any major flaws associated with GB phones . Any other models with same feature set and at this price is available?

eBay India: New Gigabyte gSmart i120 @ 61% off on MRP Rs.13990 (item 140346399514 end time 23-Sep-2009 13:16:30 IST)

i120 looks better than i128

Taking the actual retail price into consideration, your better off with any of the following:

HTC Touch VIVA ~ 13.3K*

Samsung B7320 Omnia PRO ~ 13.6K*

And a few models from ASUS.

But at 5.5K , the Gigabyte i120 is a steal !

Only downside is the battery life and dated specs.

~ T.T.M ~

mrintech said:
Hi TTM,

I need your best suggestion on this so please help me :)

I want to buy Cheapest Possible CDMA Mobile Phone, so that I can insert Reliance or TATA SIM into it.

I don't need any camera / color screen / music etc., what I need is Basic CDMA Handset with Good Sound Clarity and Great Battery Life....

Please Help me :)

Your Options:

Nokia 1325
LG 3000
Samsung Hero

Strangely, none of the basic handsets have a good battery life. :(

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options:

Nokia 1325

LG 3000

Samsung Hero

Strangely, none of the basic handsets have a good battery life. :(

~ T.T.M ~

TTM, thanks for the reply :D

So according to you what's your best bet? I can invest upto 2500/- :ashamed: or you please tell me at what price I can get some decent CDMA Handset?

mrintech said:
TTM, thanks for the reply :D

So according to you what's your best bet? I can invest upto 2500/- :ashamed: or you please tell me at what price I can get some decent CDMA Handset?

Not too sure about their pricing.
I suggest you visit a Reliance Mobile/Tata Indicom store and find out what(cdma models) they have in the desired price range.

Post them here and I can help you from there.
:)

I had my mind made up on E71 because its price has settled down but then I realised E52/55 are about to hit the market with almost similar features but smaller size!
Im waiting for these phones to release, probably festive season should bring them too!

Karthi007 said:
I am gonna buy 2 low-end color mobiles today. One with FM and one without FM for my mom and uncle. My budget is 2k for FM hone and 1.5k for non-FM.

Needs:

Good battery backup

Durability(3yrs atleast)

My choices are

Motorola 1070-1.4k

Nokia 1661-1.8k

Are these choices good. Or is the 5030 a much better phone than the 1661 in terms of battery backup and FM. Please help me out with the choices:ashamed:

Your Options:

Phone with FM :

1.Nokia 1650 ~ 1.7K*

2.Samsung E1117 ~ 1.7K*

3.Nokia 1661 ~ 1.7K*

4.Samsung E1210 ~ 1.7K*

Phone without FM :

Nokia 1203 ~ 1.2K*

Samsung E1070 ~ 1.4K*

Nokia 1208 ~ 1.6K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

teche said:
I had my mind made up on E71 because its price has settled down but then I realised E52/55 are about to hit the market with almost similar features but smaller size!

Im waiting for these phones to release, probably festive season should bring them too!

Well, neither the E52 nor the E55 have a full QWERTY keypad like the E71.

And the E71's replacement, the new E72 will offer a lot more for a higher sticker price.

For under 17K, only these feature a good QWERTY keypad :

Samsung B7320 Omnia PRO ~ 13.5K*

Blackberry Curve 8520 ~ 15K*

And of course,

Nokia E71 ~ 16.5K*
:D

~ T.T.M ~

Yes Toxic you are right, E52 lacks a querty, E55 somewhat makes up for it. I was comparing these with E71 because of similarity in prices. Well, don't know how Nokia would really price them but I guess ~17k would be the max. limit.

Also, I do not actually require a full querty, that ways E52/55 would potentially beat E71 on size & features & maybe price too!

In the ~23k range N86 comes to mind besides E72. My main usage would be browsing & camera use occasionally besides the usual telephony.

Now, Im sure N86 has the best camera but on browsing bit, nothing can come close to a TS. As almost no TS device from Nokia exists in this range, well 5800 is there but it lacks in other departments. So, one is primarily left with N86/E72.

As a cut price option E52/55 fit the criteria, offcourse with a compromise on Camera.

N97 does fit the bill but surpasses budget. I could stretch to that but the urge is not there, partly because Ive heard that the device still needs improvement.
Samsung/LG/BB are good alternatives but Nokia excites me the most. Resale value does have a bearing here apart from Nokia being Nokia!

N96/95 8gb now retail at reduced prices of ~20k. At this price they do appeal but 95 loses out on being too old & 96 never made the cut.

N85 is another option but I don't think its doing good nos. today.Period.

Seems by now I've listed all the Nokia on shelve! Regarding the missing ones, N79 never appealed to me with its xpress covers! Had N82 still been selling, I would have grabbed it at first instance!

So, waiting for the festive season to begin my share of festivities! That is, if Nokia comes in festive spirit too!

teche said:
Yes Toxic you are right, E52 lacks a querty, E55 somewhat makes up for it. I was comparing these with E71 because of similarity in prices. Well, don't know how Nokia would really price them but I guess ~17k would be the max. limit.

Also, I do not actually require a full querty, that ways E52/55 would potentially beat E71 on size & features & maybe price too!

In the ~23k range N86 comes to mind besides E72. My main usage would be browsing & camera use occasionally besides the usual telephony.

Now, Im sure N86 has the best camera but on browsing bit, nothing can come close to a TS. As almost no TS device from Nokia exists in this range, well 5800 is there but it lacks in other departments. So, one is primarily left with N86/E72.

As a cut price option E52/55 fit the criteria, offcourse with a compromise on Camera.

N97 does fit the bill but surpasses budget. I could stretch to that but the urge is not there, partly because Ive heard that the device still needs improvement.
Samsung/LG/BB are good alternatives but Nokia excites me the most. Resale value does have a bearing here apart from Nokia being Nokia!

N96/95 8gb now retail at reduced prices of ~20k. At this price they do appeal but 95 loses out on being too old & 96 never made the cut.

Seems by now I've listed all the Nokia on shelve! Regarding the missing ones, N79 never appealed to me with its xpress covers! Had N82 still been selling, I would have grabbed it at first instance!

So, waiting for the festive season to begin my share of festivities! That is, if Nokia comes in festive spirit too!
Forget N85 , N95 8gb and N96 .. They dont stand a chance before N86 ..

teche said:

I say give it sometime, wait for the new releases to settle down and then do a retake of what's available and what you really need.

Hopefully, the festive season will bring about reasonable discounts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back