~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

yogi7272 said:
Forget N85 , N95 8gb and N96 .. They dont stand a chance before N86 ..

Thanks for shortening my list!:hap2:
On second thoughts, you've made a general statement or only based on Camera performance?

thetoxicmind said:
Hopefully, the festive season will bring about reasonable discounts. :p

Yes Sir, as the master says!:cool2:

thetoxicmind said:
Not too sure about their pricing.

I suggest you visit a Reliance Mobile/Tata Indicom store and find out what(cdma models) they have in the desired price range.

Post them here and I can help you from there.
:)

Hey TTM Thanks again for your reply :)

But as per my best knowledge if we buy a Handset from TATA / Reliance Outlet, it will be locked - I mean if we buy a TATA Handset than it will work only with TATA Sim.... Same with Reliance.....

Actually I only want to buy a Standalone CDMA Handset... so that I can fit any SIM into it

Regarding the 3 Mobiles you suggested their pricing is completely affordable :hap2:

Please correct me if I am wrong at any point

- Wishes :)

Thanks Yogi, I remember reading your excellent reviews on N85 & maybe N79. Why don't you review your N86 too or still better, do a comparo.

Waiting for the review.....!

Dad has given only 3000 Rs. Want to have following features (Only known brands i.e. either Nokia/Sony/Samsung/LG/Mototola):

1. Candy bar design

2. Camera

3. FM radio

4. Some sort of connectivity to computer

5. Audio Player

7. Voice recorder

8. Video recorder & Player

9. Extendible memory

10.Sturdy & durable

In the above order of priority.

Can someone suggest a suitable phone? Want ot buy it immediately before the money runs off!

CheapMobile said:
Dad has given only 3000 Rs. Want to have following features (Only known brands i.e. either Nokia/Sony/Samsung/LG/Mototola):

1. Candy bar design
2. Camera
3. FM radio
4. Some sort of connectivity to computer
5. Audio Player
7. Voice recorder
8. Video recorder & Player
9. Extendible memory
10.Sturdy & durable

In the above order of priority.

Can someone suggest a suitable phone? Want ot buy it immediately before the money runs off!

Your Options:

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K*
Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 3.8K*

~ T.T.M ~

Hi TheToxicMind,

1st up, its really grt seeing you reply to almost every query posted on this thread :cool2: .... Really hope you keep up the good work and keep helping confused ppl ( like me :eek:hyeah: )

To move ahead with my phone query...

My budget wud be not more than 15k

After having spent hours on this thread, I have zeroed in on N79. I almost need all the features included in the N79. But still have some confusions.

• Have herd that the 5 MP Cam on N79 in not really all that grt as compared to N95 which is older..inspite of n79 having dual LEDs
  • Can I get features similar to N79 in a qwerty format n a larger screen if possible ( I can buy Samsung/SE or any good brand )
  • Would waiting till the festive season make any sense...particularly for

(a) New models with better features looking to be launched at around 15k

(b) Price to be pushed further downwards/Goodies roped in
  • Lastly, would you recommend The N79...or something better is available at around 15k...but I need symbian :)

Thanks

SGX100

thetoxicmind said:
Was released this month, so it might be a while till it gets here.

Will probably retail at 18-19K.

It sure is worth the wait though !

~ T.T.M ~

Nokia 6710 Navigator

The phone has not yet been launched... :(

It is available on ebay international website for around 17-18k including shipping. Can I consider buying the same from there or are there any benefits to wait and buy it from here?

eXcesscaLIBER said:
Nokia 6710 Navigator

The phone has not yet been launched... :(

It is available on ebay international website for around 17-18k including shipping. Can I consider buying the same from there or are there any benefits to wait and buy it from here?

Suggest you purchase it from a store.
Local warranty is crucial.

sgx100 said:
Hi TheToxicMind,

1st up, its really grt seeing you reply to almost every query posted on this thread :cool2: .... Really hope you keep up the good work and keep helping confused ppl ( like me :eek:hyeah: )

To move ahead with my phone query...

My budget wud be not more than 15k

After having spent hours on this thread, I have zeroed in on N79. I almost need all the features included in the N79. But still have some confusions.

• Have herd that the 5 MP Cam on N79 in not really all that grt as compared to N95 which is older..inspite of n79 having dual LEDs
  • Can I get features similar to N79 in a qwerty format n a larger screen if possible ( I can buy Samsung/SE or any good brand )
  • Would waiting till the festive season make any sense...particularly for

(a) New models with better features looking to be launched at around 15k

(b) Price to be pushed further downwards/Goodies roped in
  • Lastly, would you recommend The N79...or something better is available at around 15k...but I need symbian :)

Thanks

SGX100

1. LEDs have nothing to do with the image quality except in low-light conditions. That said, Xenon > Dual LED > LED Flash.

And if prefer the Xenon flash, check out the Nokia N82 !

2. Options with QWERTY keypad:

Nokia 6760 Slide (Basic 3.2MP Cam, No Wi-Fi)

Nokia E71 (Price : 16.5K, 3.2 Cam)

3. Price cuts on newer models from Nokia, may take a while.

Discounts might help on models priced marginally more than your budget.

4. The Nokia N79 is a tried and tested option.It's also the only "VFM" Symbian device in your budget.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

Dear TTM,

my friend need a phone stricktly under 5.5K (5K wud b gr8) plz suggest me one with the following basic requirements:

decent camera photo (1.3-2MP)
GPRS/EDGE
External Speaker volume loud like LG GM200
Good Audio Quality
Good battery backup
Java enabled
TFT 2" Screen (16M wud b better)
2GB MicroSD support

I need to buy a phone for my wife tomorrow . . Good music phone . . Within 7 k . . And also want to know whether there is any small portable speaker box accessory for nokia 5130 or 3.5 mm jack compatible . . Please . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back