~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

wishmaster.dj said:
I need a reliable phone with wifi and 3g capabilities.

Let me know my options.

I have an ebay offer of e63 at 10.6k. Will that be good? does it have 3g? (as i am not sure)

Thank you

Apart from the average sound quality and camera, it sure serves its purpose as a budget QWERTY device. Feature set and performance is good enough for the price tag and yes, it does support 3G.

Hey, I've read in an orkut community that some people have got the TV out feature to work in new Nokia 5800's by buying a Tv out cable. Mine is the new model without the accessories and no where in the box or manual does it say that it doesn't support TV out feature. So if I buy a cable will TV out work? :S

arun687 said:
Hey, I've read in an orkut community that some people have got the TV out feature to work in new Nokia 5800's by buying a Tv out cable. Mine is the new model without the accessories and no where in the box or manual does it say that it doesn't support TV out feature. So if I buy a cable will TV out work? :S

No it won't, if its a newer model. the hardware for TV-out functionality is removed from phone. that the reason its cheaper now. if you got hold on old stock then its possible

For the record; I have tried connecting the phone using TV-out cable, nothing happens.

arun687 said:

tvoutq.jpg

^ Do you see the option in your phone?
If you do, a standard TV-Out cable should work.

Gaurish said:
No it won't, if its a newer model. the hardware for TV-out functionality is removed from phone. that the reason its cheaper now. if you got hold on old stock then its possible

For the record; I have tried connecting the phone using TV-out cable, nothing happens.

Ok, did you try the nokia ca-75u cable? A guy got it to work using this cable on an Oct 2009 model it seems.

thetoxicmind said:
tvoutq.jpg

^ Do you see the option in your phone?
If you do, a standard TV-Out cable should work.

I do see the TV out cable option. Will have to check out myself using a cable to see if it works.

hey, I got my 5800XM in October only and nowhere it was mentioned that it does not support TV out but it did not came with a TV out cable. But I had a spare one at home so I tried that and it worked. Guess, I was lucky !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back